4/12: Dynamo @ Wizards - Post-game Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Houston Dynamo' started by nobius, Apr 12, 2008.

1. nobius

nobius BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 3, 2006
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Discuss the game after it finishes here. No trolling or flaming.

The ref sucked!™

©Copyright 2006-2008 nobius enterprises. All rights reserved.

2. skajules

skajules Member

Mar 26, 2008
    Cypress, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: 4/12: Dynamo @ Wizards - Post-game Thread

Scoreless tie. I'll take the point on the road with Caig in goal.

3. BayVol

BayVol Member

Jun 30, 2002
    Clearwater, FL
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Somebody wake me up

4. dachande915

dachande915 New Member

Jan 23, 2008
    HellPaso
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

BETTER effort in second half...LA is next. we need to improve:eek:

5. Dynamo Dave

Dynamo Dave Member

Aug 25, 2006
    Rural East Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Damn Straight. !!! Many ops on goal but not in the net.
    Remember folks, we did go through this same thing last year too.
    If the guys are working well together,defending well, and creating opportunities, then the goals will come. Be patient and don't give up on these guys.;)

6. time_drifter

time_drifter Member

Jan 6, 2005
    Wharton
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

A scoreless draw. I guess Caig redeemed himself tonight. Too bad Dynamo couldn't net one though. Oh well, on to the next game.

7. dynamo JZ

dynamo JZ Member

Nov 12, 2007
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo

Well, a much better performance from Caig. Looks like we can hold off on crucifying him, at least for another week.:rolleyes:

Overall, not a terribly exciting match but that field was pretty crappy so I'll gladly take a point. No gaping holes in our defense tonight, BB.com wasn't exposed at any point and Wade was solid on the outside. ERob had a solid game, highlighted by a strong elbow to the jaw of Tyson Wahl. Let's pray that MLS Disciplinary Committee forgets to look at tapes of this weekend's games:confused:

Good to see Davis and Mullan back in the lineup. We didn't really use the outsides as much as we should've in the first half, but were a bit better in the second half. Davis unlucky not to score. DeRo wasn't impressive, but maybe my expectations are too high of him sometimes. Clark did fine.

Ching really didnt' exist much in that game, he disappeared for the most part minus a couple of decent plays. Caraccio had a few good flashes, including a great ball to DeRo on his near goal in the first half, but seems to still be trying to adjust to how physical MLS is.

Good to see Holden back on as well, but he wasn't involved much. Cameron had a couple of nice touches in KC's box but couldn't make anything of it.

That's my two cents. Dale Dynamo!

8. Dynamo Dave

Dynamo Dave Member

Aug 25, 2006
    Rural East Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Thanks DynamoJZ for the updates in the in game thread and for your post. I'd rep you but "you must spread it around.....yada, yada , yada,";)

9. dynamo JZ

dynamo JZ Member

Nov 12, 2007
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo

Alright, I've been trying to figure out how to do that but I don't get it. You would think I could figure out this BS b.s. between November and now, but I'm clueless.

Update: Thanks to Dynamo Dave, I am no longer clueless. For those of you who've repped me, expect the favor to be returned in the near future.

10. brahmafutbol

brahmafutbol Member+

Jan 29, 2006
    East Bernard, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Well, I feel like I just got back from the game.... I had to go to a friend's house to see it. I love HDNet but I wish they weren't exclusive, it seems dumb to do that. If you have HD, well duh you'd watch it on HDNet anyway. But oh well, it is so much better in HD............

I thought the game was good and the Dynamo played very well. We had a few really good chances for goals, including one on a play from their defense. And our defense was solid, and Caig played well, just like Bernardo predicted.

But that field, though nice looking, really seemed more like we were playing in San Antonio or maybe College Station (though without EB/TA). It was so narrow it was like everybody was tripping over each other. And it's just weird to look across the field at a Target and a JCPenny's, and to see cars driving past. Somehow it just had the feel of a preseason scrimmage or something.

A good point for the Dynamo, now we'll take a win at LA. Things are really looking up, boys. :D

11. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I thought Caig played decent - he looked more sure coming off of his line and no easy goals although it's not like he made any real great saves.

ERob will probably have an extra week off to rest his knee/leg. The problem is it looked more like a straight intentional shot than any pre-kick jostling/positioning. He is my favorite player however.

After the last few weeks, I'll take a point and a clean sheet

12. dynamo JZ

dynamo JZ Member

Nov 12, 2007
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo

Agreed, but he didn't have to make any great saves. He made the ones he needed to make - and I thought the one where he came out to the top of the box to stretch out and stop Sealy was fairly impressive. That's no fun as a keeper and not a bit easy.

All I'm sayin' is that if this were Caig's first game, we'd think he was a solid backup to Pat. So let's take this game as taking strides in the right direction for Tony - I really hope the guy can at least get out of our doghouse, I feel bad for him. But that's just me.

And no doubt ERob was thinking much more about Wahl's face than playing the ball, that's why I'm a tad worried about what could be to come from MLS..

13. Art Vandaley

Art Vandaley Member

Feb 22, 2006
    New Hampshire
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Caig is well on his way to setting the MLS record for consec scoreless against minutes.

14. Dynamo_Joe

Dynamo_Joe Member

Apr 3, 2006
    Texas

I'm thinking a 1-2 game suspension is coming. That was pretty flagrant. And in glorious HD.

15. Dre00

Dre00 Member

Oct 12, 2005
    H-town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's hard to complain about an away point. A couple of decent chances and of the two goalkeepers, I think Hartman was more active but neither team really looked good. That field is just so damn small, there's no time to play the ball and possession changes every 5 seconds. We were tight in the back although I think the conditions and field helped a lot with that. Eddie is going to be going on vacation for a bit methinks. Just a stupid play on his part. I wouldn't be surprised to see him gone for quite some time actually. I'm hoping 1 or 2 but I wouldn't be surprised to see him gone for more.

16. TrebleDevil99

TrebleDevil99 New Member

Apr 6, 2008
    Houston, TX
    Didn't see the game tonight, but if we"didn't use the outsides much", and "Ching didn't really exist", and Holden wasn't that involved, according to the post above from dynamo JZ, then who was doing anything???

17. Dre00

Dre00 Member

Oct 12, 2005
    H-town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Trying to actually string a few passes and or close down a KC player who had the ball. The game was extremely disjointed as the pitch was about the size of a YMCA field. It made it very difficult for anyone to do anything at all. I equate it with watching a bunch of 5 year olds play soccer. You know, the whole...22 kids surrounding a ball and kicking at it furiously hoping to actually hit it. When the lucky winner makes a connection, the group of 22 migrate to the new location and start all over again.

18. SombraAla

SombraAla Member+

Apr 2, 2006
    Waldo (Kansas City)
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think it's funny everyone comments about how small the field is when it's larger than Arrowhead... especially width.

19. Dre00

Dre00 Member

Oct 12, 2005
    H-town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If so, it definitely doesn't look like it on TV. And I swear, you could take a free kick from inside your own half and beat the opposing keeper. I think penalty spot is located on the halfway line. In any case, the game wasn't attractive at all in my opinion. I still stand by my analogy even if it wasn't because of the field size.

20. The Prophet

The Prophet Member

Sep 9, 2003
    Big P, Texas
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    it is what it is.

21. Dynamo_Forever

Dynamo_Forever Member+

Aug 9, 2007
    Clear Lake, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I think he's going to get a chance to have some extra time to rest his leg. :( I don't really see what the point of the elbow was but he got Wahl pretty good. Other than that he played a solid game and defended nicely.

I thought Ching play a better game compared to the last 2.

22. Dynamo_Forever

Dynamo_Forever Member+

Aug 9, 2007
    Clear Lake, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I thought when Caig came out to the top of the box and took the ball of the foot of a KC guy was pretty good. When he first ran out I have flash backs from Wed. but then he actually stayed in the box and gave himself a chance.

23. SombraAla

SombraAla Member+

Apr 2, 2006
    Waldo (Kansas City)
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    70 yards wide vs. 60 yards at Arrowhead. Length wise it's 107 yards, which is less than 110 during the Summer at Arrowhead but larger than the 100 when the Chiefs had their markings down.

Camera angle on TV is a _lot_ lower, though, which makes everything look a lot smaller.

24. SombraAla

SombraAla Member+

Apr 2, 2006
    Waldo (Kansas City)
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Sealy (the KC guy) really could've done better (was in the Cauldron, right and that happened right in front of us, so I saw it pretty well) - but that doesn't mean Caig didn't do well in the take... just that good forwards make that play.

It was more your defense than Caig that kept us out of your goal, however... They always seemed to have the passing lanes blocked well.

Oh, as for that elbow on Wahl - anyone have which minute that came in? Happened on the other side of the field from us, so I didn't see what happened.

25. TXinHI

TXinHI Member

Feb 7, 2006
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think Eddie is gone at least 3. Herron got 4 games last year for an intentional elbow.

It was pretty pathetic too. As much as I like Eddie. He deserves 3+ games for that.