3/9 Preseason game v. DC United Pre/In/Post Game Discussion [R]

Discussion in 'Houston Dynamo' started by DynaKat, Mar 7, 2008.

1. garbaggio

garbaggio Member

Jan 3, 2001
    Arlington

Interestingly enough we also signed a Franco this offseason. Is yours taller than a hobbit?

[​IMG]

On his blog, Steve Goff reports the final was 1-1. DC equalized through Brazilian trialist (at least I don't think he's been signed yet) Cezar.

Soccer Insider:

http://blog.washingtonpost.com/soccerinsider/2008/03/sunday_brunch.html#comments

2. Cambridge_Red

Cambridge_Red New Member

Mar 9, 2008
    Anyone catch the score of the Chivas v Toronto FC match?

3. Dynamo_Joe

Dynamo_Joe Member

Apr 3, 2006
    Texas
    My bro was there and texted me to say that Carracio picked up his first yellow on a "Mano de Dios" move in the box. For those that don't speak/read spanish, that is "Hand of God". So our Argentine followed in the tradition of Maradona and Messi. That bodes well for our boys in Orange.

4. fitty1717

fitty1717 New Member

Aug 13, 2003
    canada

you know the TFC vs Chivas Score line :)

5. Cambridge_Red

Cambridge_Red New Member

Mar 9, 2008
    A TFC scoreline would be greatly appreciated! :)

6. asifdinho

asifdinho New Member

Jan 25, 2008
    Houston
    D.C. United: Zach Wells (Carvallo, 46') Brian Namoff (Carroll, 46'), Gonzalo Peralta (Thompson, 46') Domenic Mediate (Walker, 46') Marc Burch, Fred (Cordeiro, 46') Devon McTavish (Moose, 46') Rod Dyachenko (Quaranta, 72') Clyde Simms (Murphy, 46'), Luciano Emilio (Cezar, 46'), Jaime Moreno (Kpene, 46').

Houston Dynamo: Pat Onstad, Craig Waibel (Mullan, 67'), Eddie Robinson (S. Wondolowski, 46') Bobby Boswell (Alcaraz, 46') Wade Barrett (Cameron, 46') Richard Mulrooney (Hayden, 46') Ricardo Clark (Hatzke, 46'), Dwayne De Rosario (Ustruck, 46') Corey Ashe (Hall, 46'), Chris Wondolowski (Caraccio, 46'), Brian Ching (Brown, 46').

article is up at mlsnet.com

http://web.mlsnet.com/news/team_news.jsp?ymd=20080309&content_id=142429&vkey=news_hou&fext=.jsp&team=t200

7. Dynamogal

Dynamogal Member

Oct 2, 2006
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We're home. Didn't stay for the Chivas-TFC game so don't know the score. Sorry!

After our match with DC, they presented the Dynamo with the championship trophy (a crystal cup.) It was fun to cheer for the champions again!!!:D

8. Hungryjack

Hungryjack Member+

Jul 8, 2006
    Houston
    You know we've made the big time when our special events can draw this kind of advertising:

[​IMG]

9. Dynamogal

Dynamogal Member

Oct 2, 2006
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey, I got 17 free packets of Tide - a whole month's worth of laundry.:D

10. schwabe13

schwabe13 Member

Jan 27, 2006
    in the best MLS town
    I told the girls at the exit : "sorry, my wife is doing the laundry":cool:

11. Dynamogal

Dynamogal Member

Oct 2, 2006
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, but that detergent was free - now you have to pay for what your wife uses! :eek:

Did you enjoy the game today?

12. Bandido

Bandido Member

Apr 6, 2006
    Deperrosbravos N.L.
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    The Ball n' Chain & Me are...

Left Front, Right Back Again.

We didn't stay also. we saw who we went to see and we just wanted to watch the Dynamo, is that so wrong??

13. schwabe13

schwabe13 Member

Jan 27, 2006
    in the best MLS town
    Yes i know that it was free...lol had to carry my flag !!;)

Enjoyed the game a lot, loved to see all the "reservs" They all busted their butts, some will fit in very well in the "first" team. And we will need everybody, lots of games ahead .

See y'all @ the Mezz Wednesday evening .

NO MORE EXCUSES!!!

14. dustcowpoke

dustcowpoke Member

Jan 7, 2006
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    For those of y'all that went how impressed were you with Caraccio?

15. DrLudicrous

DrLudicrous Member+

Jun 28, 2002
    Houston
    To elaborate on the goals, Carracio scored his after a rebound from a free kick (I think Hayden took the kick). It seemed like the keeper misjudged the ball and had trouble getting to it and ended up knocking it down inside the 6 yard box and Carracio put it in.

DC's goal came from a cross to the far post, Cezar headed it back across goal with Pat going the wrong way and unable to do anything about it.

After seeing Carracio play a couple of times I'm excited, he didn't have too many chances on Friday since we weren't keeping possession very well while he was in but he still had a couple of nice plays. Today he looked better, he made some good runs and was pretty active in plays. I'd like to see him with our starters because I think he'd do really well with them. Mullan played the last 30 minutes and there were two times that Mullan gave him a lead pass down the wing that he was able to run onto. Carracio wasn't able to get past the last defender but he seems to have the ball skills to get by them if put in that situation enough times, and they were still dangerous plays.

16. brahmafutbol

brahmafutbol Member+

Jan 29, 2006
    East Bernard, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We got back just now... we stopped at Los Cucos and that took a while.

We stayed long enough to see Toronto score once against Chivas, that was cool but really we thought the Toronto guy was offsides, other than that it was a nice play. but it started raining after that so we left, don't know who won... that was maybe the 10th minute.

Caraccio looked great, he held the ball well in crowds of people, and if someone did take it away, he fought to get it back. He made some good passes too and was always in a good position, he had another chance or two for another goal. His mano de dios was funny but earned him a yellow. He played smart and only got one offsides, but I really don't know about the opposition, I'm not sure how many of DCs players were starters or reserves, since nobody had names on their backs. In fact, Dynamo were the only team of the four that had their names on their backs.

DeRo had some great runs and played well, Ching played solid in midfield and fought hard for the ball. And Ashe played really well too, I thought. It was good to see Mullan get in. He had one chance when the goalie came way out of his area and passed the ball right to him, he ran the ball into the box past the goalie but missed the goal.

It was fun and I thought the Dynamo ran circles around DC, they completely dominated them except in the score line. They didn't take enough shots in the first half with the wind, but played smart against the wind and controlled the ball well.

Fun game. I'll post my pictures once they finish uploading. And it was great to see all the gang once more. It's been a while. :D

17. yossarin

yossarin Member

Nov 4, 2007
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
  18. Dynamo Dave

Dynamo Dave Member

Aug 25, 2006
    Rural East Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Props to all that showed up today. It was great to see you all again.
    Again, I gotta say, Mad Props to EB and the colorful bus load that came. :D
    It was great tosee them hoist another cup.!!:cool:

19. yossarin

yossarin Member

Nov 4, 2007
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

My blackberry ran out of space or I would have posted more.

20. brahmafutbol

brahmafutbol Member+

Jan 29, 2006
    East Bernard, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Here are my pictures..... remember I'm no photographer, I just take what I see....

http://gallery.mac.com/webtilton#100118

By the way, I haven't heard anyone mention the fact that the Dynamo brought home another cup, this was a nice looking glass bowl thing. It's in some of my last pictures.. Barrett is holding it in 100_0510.jpg.

21. DynaKat

DynaKat New Member

Mar 29, 2006
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    :)

Good to have some Dynamo games again. More later...including pictures.

22. mabeuf

mabeuf Member

Jul 22, 2006
    West
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Great shit guys, making me jealous.

Nice shot of Greg's ass in that last one.

23. brahmafutbol

brahmafutbol Member+

Jan 29, 2006
    East Bernard, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Dynamo site lists the attendance at 800. Not that it matters, but I thought there were more than that, since the Wednesday game was listed at 1,000. I wasn't there Wednesday, but I figured this game would have had more people.

24. nobius

nobius BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 3, 2006
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It was a fun day. Got to the tailgate spot and hung out until near gametime with a bunch of TA & EB folks and then drove over to the game. Wasn't quite sure where to park, and somehow managed to park next to the team buses. There wasn't anybody directing anything, so my gf & I walked through the school building next to the field, which happened to be where the player locker rooms were. Saw Wells and hollered out to him, but when he saw we were wearing orange he left the building quickly. We finally managed to get around the stadium to where the rest of TA/EB were.

Both Houston and DC controlled the ball well, but the Dynamo looked just a bit sharper. There were a few errant passes because of the high winds, particularly in the second half when the reserves came on.

Halftime was only about five minutes since the teams were in a hurry to get to the airport, so we missed Caraccio's goal because we were getting something to eat. It was nice being at a stadium that doesn't rape you with the concession prices. Drinks were two bucks and bbq sandwiches were huge and were $5. They went a little crazy on the onions and the sauce was a little sweet for my taste, but it was still a decent sandwich.

Ashe was all over the field and had a very good game. He seemed to play more of a defensive midfielder role as he won the ball several times deep and then moved forward with the ball and controlled it well. I don't remember a single endline pass from Ashe. Wondo was rather poor and couldn't decide whether to shoot or pass on several occasions and ended up losing the ball. He also got away with a handball.

Carracio and Hayden looked very good. Like I said, I missed the goal, but otherwise Carracio hustled well and can control the ball well at his feet. I like what I've seen so far.