How was the meet and greet?

Discussion in 'Sons of Ben' started by untitled77, Feb 26, 2008.

1. untitled77

untitled77 Member

Aug 16, 2004
    I was unable to attend tonight and just wanted to see how it went from some of the people who were there.

What were some of the new things learned??

2. Calcio69

Calcio69 New Member

Jan 25, 2007
    CHADDS FORD PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh, what a night!
    Can't WAIT 'til Thurs.
    The best news of the night to me occurred when Sakiewicz invited everyone to the Thurs PC, commenting, "You won't be disappointed."
    Oh, what a DAY!!
    :D

3. Z010 Union

Z010 Union Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sick or vacation day on Thursday recommended

4. Buckscounty Mark

Dec 6, 2006
    Quakertown, Pa
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Was a great time! Many new faces were there. It was a tad crowded. The beer was flowing. Great night all around.

Hope to see you

Down by the Riverside Thursday! Don't be late!!!

5. Calcio69

Calcio69 New Member

Jan 25, 2007
    CHADDS FORD PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    By the way, the first thing I heard when I got into my car last night was Glenn Macnow flaming about how worthless soccer was going to be on WIP.
    Rant on!! Switch --> "K-Y-W, news radio, 1060."
    And he's USUALLY a reasonably sensible guy. The SportsTalk people go SO FAR off the deep end on soccer that it must be some kind of station policy to bash it @ every chance they get.
    They seem to have the same paranoid fear of soccer that I saw in Banner's eyes @ the ManU-Barça match!

6. yahmpy

yahmpy New Member

Feb 22, 2008
    New Jersey
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    they're just hardcore 4 for 4 guys (baseball, football, basketball, hockey). they just do the ostrich routine when it comes to soccer.

the only way to remedy such nonsense is to make soccer popular enough in this city so that the station can't ignore it (without risking looking like a bunch of dinosaurs).

the sad reality is, that it will take a few years past 2010 for soccer in Philly to really see that happen. And by then, the close-minded types at WIP (which means basically EVERYONE there) will be gone by then.