MLS Fantasy Soccer 2008

Discussion in 'Columbus Crew' started by cavscrew1, Feb 17, 2008.

1. cavscrew1

cavscrew1 Member

Feb 15, 2007
    Y-City
    Any word on if there is going to be another year of fantasy soccer on mlsnet.com? I can't find anything on the league website. Thanks.

2. Heathens '87

Heathens '87 Member

United States
    Mar 4, 2004
    Michigan
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The best MLS fantasy game is on.....

http://www.mfls.com/index.php?Page=top

Well structured, lots of options, spirited competition, etc. I put together the Crew league last season. Sign-ups begin in a few weeks.........

3. DGA57

DGA57 Member

Jun 17, 2002
    Dublin, OH
    And here I thought this was going to be a thread about the Crew's regular season next year.

4. cavscrew1

cavscrew1 Member

Feb 15, 2007
    Y-City
    lol, nope.

5. C-bus

C-bus Member

Aug 2, 2006
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Anyone doing the Fox Soccer one? I started a Crew league (Crewligans) but nobody joined :( . The good news was, I took first place that year :)!

6. 110toyourleft

110toyourleft Member+

Jan 27, 2007
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i played the mls/fox last year and i enjoyed it. the stupid thing was that the value of the players never really changed. i also hate how mlsnet posts the injury report after the deadline for your teams are due.

i'll definitely join whatever league someone wants to start up. at the very least, it will give me a reason to watch RSL vs SJ

7. deadhamlet44

deadhamlet44 Member

Sep 15, 2005
    columbus
    I have great interest in the official mls/fox game. Hopefully it will be an option.

8. CrewBeat

CrewBeat Be Massive My Friends

Jul 27, 2004
    Manhattan
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Fado might be doing one using the same thing they use for their EPL fantasy, but not sure if this is still planned. Who on here does that fantasy league?

9. xb1srw2

xb1srw2 New Member

Aug 12, 2005
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Fox was decent, I will probably do that again this year.
    MFLS is the best hands down IMO, but I didn't have the time to keep up.
    I hated that Fox didn't change values, but what can we do other than hope they add that in.
    Chris Wilson in the Crew FO had a fantasy league last year in Fox and it seemed to get the most interest, prolly why Crewligans didn't take off. but congrats on placing first, or last depending on how you look at it.

10. xb1srw2

xb1srw2 New Member

Aug 12, 2005
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Watching FSC this weekend, a note on the bottom of the screen indicated MLS fantasy through Fox Sports would be back in March, FWIW.

11. cavscrew1

cavscrew1 Member

Feb 15, 2007
    Y-City
    Alright then, another year of me predicting the wrong players to do good. Thanks.

12. deadhamlet44

deadhamlet44 Member

Sep 15, 2005
    columbus
    Sweet this year I am giving up on my spreadsheet... and switching to a database!

13. xb1srw2

xb1srw2 New Member

Aug 12, 2005
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Foxsports has their fantasy game for MLS running.
    Looks like it is expanded to have varying salaries and varying formations along with bench players.
    No idea how well it will work, but if it is like last year, it is fairly brainless to manage.
    I will say that if you still want a challenging league that you work for, MFLS is by far better IMO.

14. xb1srw2

xb1srw2 New Member

Aug 12, 2005
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wonder if Mr Wilson will set up a Crew fans league again this year too?

15. Crewfan30

Crewfan30 New Member

Feb 1, 2008
    Mr. Wilson is setting up the crew league again this year. I set up a league on mfls.com and want crew fans and season ticket holders. TrueCrewFans is the division, seven so far. Anyone else want to join please do so.

16. foozer

foozer Member

Dec 19, 2005
    Indy
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm trying to put together one of the Fox Fantasy MLS teams. This crap is hard. The salary doesn't resemble actual MLS salaries and because I've never followed it before I have no reference point as to what a good deal is. Hooray for MFLS.