Kenneth Kronholm at Eintracht Trier (R)

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by Dave Marino-Nachison, Jan 30, 2008.

1. Dave Marino-Nachison

Jun 9, 1999
    I think that's what this piece is saying. This is the GK, American-born and (I believe) German-raised, who has been playing in Germany and had some links to English teams recently:

Nur noch eine Formsache ist der Torwarttausch zwischen dem Fußball-Regionalligisten FSV Frankfurt und dem Bundesligisten Hansa Rostock. Kenneth Kronholm, die bisherige Nummer zwei der Bornheimer, einigte sich gestern mit den Verantwortlichen in Rostock auf einen Vertrag bis zum 30. Juni 2009. ​

Link:
    http://www.rhein-main.net/sixcms/list.php?page=fnp2_news_article&id=4284973

I think that says that it's almost official, not quite. Didn't see on the club site.

2. m vann

m vann Moderator
    Staff Member

Colorado Rapids, Celtic FC, & Louisville City
    Sep 10, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Kenneth Kronholm to Hansa Rostock?

Kenneth is young, just turned 22 in the Fall. Born in Virginia right? Something makes me think he has an American father and German mother and after Dad retired from the military they stayed in Germany. Could be wrong I think that's what I read a time ago. Nonetheless, I wonder what his chances of being the #1 at Hansa are? Hansa's keeper(s) have been a big sore spot for them all season and cost them some points will silly errors. Big jump from 3rd division to Bundesliga so I'm interested to see how this pans out.

3. Dave Marino-Nachison

Jun 9, 1999
    Re: Kenneth Kronholm to Hansa Rostock?

As CanuckFan pointed out on the catchall thread, this move took place:

http://www.fc-hansa.de/index.php?id=272

4. prowazekii

prowazekii Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  5. Hobo

Hobo Member+

Apr 29, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  6. Hobo

Hobo Member+

Apr 29, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    thanks to the mod who changed the thread title.

7. Hobo

Hobo Member+

Apr 29, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Kenneth Kronholm will hope to continue their cup run against Bielefeld on Sept 22. Trier gets the automatic home game because of their lower division (3rd and below) status.

8. Dave Marino-Nachison

Jun 9, 1999
    Looks like Kronholm is currently without a club.

9. prowazekii

prowazekii Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He seems to be with Fortuna Düsseldorf. I'm not sure if it is training, a trial, or they are planning to sign him. But here he is:

[​IMG]

I am not sure of the date of the photo it is part of a slide show on a page dated the 15th, but it could be older.

10. Testudo

Testudo Member+

Jan 29, 1999
    Arlington, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nice find.

Catching on with a Bundesliga.2 club would be a pretty great break for an unemployed keeper. Wikipedia says he's played there before:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kenneth_Kronholm