Myfootballclub now in Italy

Discussion in 'Italy' started by Cassano, Jan 22, 2008.

1. Cassano

Cassano Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    The idea of myfootballclub, where you pay a fee to be part owner of a soccer club has hit Italy. The site is http://www.squadramia.it/, and they want to get to 20,000 members first to get going. The cost is 60 euro.

I saw the English and American sites, but I have to say that being a part owner of an Italian team is quite enticing and I think I'm going to pay the 60 euro. Maybe if we get enough BigSoccer members on board we can discuss the team right in these forums! :D

2. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Interesting, I may have to sign up for that. I'm already involved in the other MyFootballClub, we just voted today to approve the stake in Ebbsfleet United. I don't like how this new site hasn't listed any potential targets though. It'd be nice to see what club they're potentially looking at buying a stake in.

3. Khaloisha

Khaloisha Member

Jun 15, 2007
    Milano
    Idea is nice, but like everything else in Italy try to get as much as information about who's who, because it could be a fraud.

4. FNU

FNU BigSoccer Yellow Card

Mar 6, 2007
    Monte Vesuvio
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Too true. lol

5. FNU

Mar 6, 2007
    Monte Vesuvio
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    How about someone from BS sets up a buying entity and then we go forward from there...I say we buy Savoia.

6. phillips10

phillips10 New Member

Oct 15, 2001
    Cranford
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    I say we buy roma and disband ;)

7. FNU

Mar 6, 2007
    Monte Vesuvio
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Seriously though, who from BS would considering forming an entity and buying a team somewhere in Italy? I know I would, but atm I'm short on the dough. Give me 2 yrs and I'll be ready.

8. MysoccercclubItaly

MysoccercclubItaly New Member

Jan 24, 2008
    Hi, my names is Mirco Marini, and i'm one of the founder of www.squadramia.it .
    Sorry if my english language is not very good.

I found that in this forum there are peoples talking about our project to buy together a football team wich plays in Italy.

I'm very sad to have the confirmation of the bad imagine that my country, Italy is building abroad with the news you can listen and heard about italians like me. And i'm sad to discover that this imagine tooks peoples abroad not to Trust in Italians when there is something to do together with.

I just want to try to make you know that we are doing the best to do the same good Society as Myfootballclub has done in Uk.

I don't know if it can help to know that we are giving free service in Internet to people with www.motousate.it since february 2000 and today it's one of the most important site for free motorcycles advertise in Italy.

I just ask you to try to give a look on how we will be doing in the next weeks, and to trust in our dream to own and manage together a soccer team.

Soon we will open the english version of the site (since today we worked on internet only for Italian peoples and we have not been very fast with translations) and I hope to meet some of you there.

9. MysoccercclubItaly

Jan 24, 2008
    for Dante..
    we did not listed the team to buy because we did not want to see it appens like it was in Uk where peoples voted for Premiership (Our Serie A or Serie B).

The firsts (early?) days we launched discussion on ''in wich category'' to buy the club, and now, soon on the next days, we are going to begin to vote without thinking to Serie A or Serie B or Serie C1...

this is the reason we waited for to do your request.

10. Cassano

Cassano Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Ciao, il tuo inglese non e male, e tutto comprensibile.

Ma io posso fa parte di questo progetto anche se vivo al estero'?

11. MysoccercclubItaly

Jan 24, 2008
    Grazie per il complimento Cassano,
    se sei maggiorenne non solo puoi aderire, spero anche che sarai parte attiva per il forum in inglese (appena pronto) e porterai parecchi tifosi dagli Usa. Speriamo che a breve si diffonderanno anche i voli low cost tra Italia e America e magari potete venire anche a vedere direttamente le partite. La location dovra' essere ben servita a livello di collegamenti strada-treno-aerei.

12. FNU

Mar 6, 2007
    Monte Vesuvio
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Solo Savoia e basta!

13. Cassano

Cassano Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    For whoever doesn't speak Italian, anyone who lives abroad is allowed to sign up and he hopes that we even make the trip over to Italy to watch the games.

14. MysoccerclubItaly

MysoccerclubItaly New Member

Feb 4, 2008
    Hi Cassano and other members of this Forum,
    I Just want to inform you that since now in Squadramia.it ( www.mysoccerclub.it ) we have opened a forum dedicated to people who speak english.

The link is this: http://www.squadramia.it/webapp/forum/view/7/

At the moment you need to be registered to enter, but in the next days (we need to modify a little bit the structure of the complete forum) this forum will be opened to everybody, also if not registered.

Obviously we need your support to realize this first Supporter Trust in Italy and to be part of this dream we are trying to realize all together.

For us it would be an honour to have memebers from United States and all over the world.

15. FNU

Mar 6, 2007
    Monte Vesuvio
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I will join if we buy Savoia.

16. FNU

Mar 6, 2007
    Monte Vesuvio
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    VOTE Serie D Girone H for SAVOIA!

Here's some information on Savoia, one of the oldest clubs in Italy and came close to winning the scudetto twice!!!

100th year anniversary this year!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/F.C._Savoia_1908

17. FNU

Mar 6, 2007
    Monte Vesuvio
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  18. MysoccerclubItaly

Feb 4, 2008
    Hi Fnu,
    when we'll buy the team, probably you will ask for the special acknowledgment prize as first American Owner of the team...

I hope you'll not ask for a golden plate.... =:cool:

19. FNU

Mar 6, 2007
    Monte Vesuvio
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    A pizza from Salvatore's in Torre del Greco will do. ;)

What do you think about this selection for a team to buy? I know the area isn't one of the best in the Napoli area, but the club has some history and I know the support is there. When Savoia was back in Serie B or C playing against Napoli, a good 20000 showed up supporting them in the San Paolo, according to my cousin.

20. MysoccerclubItaly

Feb 4, 2008
    I can't say which team i voted ;-) but.......
    Naples area is not so far from the Mysoccerclub adress, there 's an international airport not so far, i know the heart they have when we talk about soccer and how much can they love a Soccer Club if it would be THEIR club. And about Savoia you said everything

The problem it's only that in Italy i can read in several forum that most of peoples they don't believe they would really own the Club. It's first time there that some people proposed to change in this way the world of soccer and this is the reason because as soon as Rai Tv and several Radio, listened about us they called me to explain the project and they were extremely surprised for a possibility like this.

I don't know if in the United States it does exist something similar to the British Supporters Trusts; in Italy is something coming from another planet.

It would be very hard to realize this dream in Italy. Sometimes i think that probably it would be easier that there will be a lot of not italian owner of an italian club than italian...

21. FNU

Mar 6, 2007
    Monte Vesuvio
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    C'mon BS! Let's get going with this and purchase Savoia! :D

22. JumpinJackFlash

JumpinJackFlash New Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Soviet Britannia
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Kazakhstan
    When it was happening for an English club, lots of the fans at the clubs who were in the "running" really didn't like the idea and thought it was a Mickey Mouse-esque scenario. Ebbsfleet United are in a strange situation cause not long ago they were Gravesend & Northfleet.

Savoia (weird name for a Neapolitan club haha) actually have a fair bit of history behind them, even playing in Serie A once, so the fans might not what a situation like this. If it works out, it could boost a club with financial difficulties though (like many in the lower parts of Serie D have).

23. FNU

Mar 6, 2007
    Monte Vesuvio
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Do It Jack

24. peoplessoccer

peoplessoccer New Member

Feb 9, 2008
    I just wanted to let you know that there is another global organization that may put a club in Serie A. People's Soccer has not decided which top level league to place a team, but it's the first organization to combine a soccer social network who's members will own a 1st division team in a major soccer league. I'm not sure about the Italian option but People's Soccer is like a myspace that will launch a top level team, not a lower league or youth/developmental team like the other organizations.

There is a post about it here:

https://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showthread.php?t=579422&highlight=mysoccerclub

25. FNU

Mar 6, 2007
    Monte Vesuvio
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Is anyone else doing this? And who voted for Savoia? :)