[NDRA]: Nate Jaqua signs with Cashpoint SCR Altach

Discussion in 'Houston Dynamo' started by El Naranja, Jan 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dre00

Dre00 Member

Oct 12, 2005
    H-town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Nate Jaqua looking at Europe offers

You forgot "ein beir bitte" or something like that.

And I agree with DrL. They probably saw Offebacher's post on BS and just decided to write a story about it. Still though, it looks like he's gone.

So anyone want to play forward for the Dynamo? I'm not worried yet but if we don't have at least 1 new quality forward signed in the next 2 weeks, I'll start to be a little worried. I'd like to see a new signing get at least 1 month of practice time with the team before we head to Guatemala.

2. Offebacher

Offebacher Member

May 14, 2006
    Houston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I am amused to say the least and who knows, the deal may be done and confirmed somewhere but not anywhere that I could find. And for MLSRumours, I am not going to link all the sources I check as some are more BS than most BS found on BS.

3. schwabe13

schwabe13 Member

Jan 27, 2006
    in the best MLS town

I checked as well, nothing official yet .

4. DrLudicrous

DrLudicrous Member+

Jun 28, 2002
    Houston

The next MLS rumors update - Multiple sources confirm the deal is complete.

5. Offebacher

Offebacher Member

May 14, 2006
    Houston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Or at least: Multiple sources confirm that BS is indeed found on BS, and other related sites.:D

Am I reading that right: Here is a video of Jaqua in action for our Austrian Readers?

I am sure there is a gargantuan number of Austrians reading on that site.

6. The Prophet

The Prophet Member

Sep 9, 2003
    Big P, Texas
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma

so we lost big foot?

7. schwabe13

schwabe13 Member

Jan 27, 2006
    in the best MLS town

Ricco, it looks like it, but he hasn't signed the contract yet ...

8. Offebacher

Offebacher Member

May 14, 2006
    Houston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

More updates:

http://www.sport1.at/429+M580b0ec29e4.html

http://www.vn.vol.at/webvn/2008-01-26/Sport.html

Nade Jaqua wird Altacher
    Altach (VN-cha) Noch fehlt die Unterschrift, doch in Altach zweifelt niemand mehr daran, dass Nade Jaqua (27) im Frühjahr für den SCRA auf Torejagd gehen wird. Fix ist, dass Kärntens Neo-Sportchef Frenkie Schinkels nicht mehr Völcklabruck-Trainer ist.

All basically say that he is not signed yet, but that it is very likely a done deal.

The first link also confirms that other than his trial with Bundesliga side Austria Kaernten that he also was on trial with the lower division FC Kaernten, which explains the conflicting reports from the test match that showed him in the lineup on the other side.

9. Offebacher

Offebacher Member

May 14, 2006
    Houston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Looks like he has been growing his hair out a bit as well. ;)

[​IMG]

10. Offebacher

Offebacher Member

May 14, 2006
    Houston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Today so far:

Stürmersuche in Altach ist beendet

Altach Am Freitag geht es für die Altacher ins Trainingslager in die Türkei. Mit dabei auch Jonathan "Nate" Jaqua, vielleicht ist mit Mario Konrad ein weiterer Neuer dabei. Mit dem 26-jährigen US-Amerikaner soll heute der Vertrag unter Dach und Fach gebracht werden. Heinz Fuchsbichler trifft sich mit dem Manager des 191 cm großen Stürmers. "Wir wollen einen Vertrag über den Sommer hinaus", erzählt Fuchsbichler von den Absichten des Vereins. Jaqua hat bisher für die MLS-Vereine Chicago, Toronto, Los Angeles und Houston gespielt.
    Mit dem Ex-Bregenzer Mario Konrad könnte auch noch ein zweiter Stürmer zur Mannschaft stoßen. "Es hängt allerdings davon ab, ob uns noch Spieler verlassen", so Fuchsbichler. Im Test gegen Schaffhausen hat er auf einige angeschlagene Spieler, darunter auch Schmid, Pfister oder Carreno verzichtet.

Friday the SCR Altach is heading to training camp in Turkey. Going to Camp will be Jonathan “Nate” Jaqua, maybe Mario Konrad will be another new addition as well. The Team wants to finalize the Contract with the 26 Year old American today. Heinz Fuchsbichler is meeting with Jaqua’s Manager today. “We want a contract that extends beyond this Summer” Fuchsbichler said of the Team’s intentions. Jaqua has played for Chicago, Toronto, LA and Houston in MLS. With Mario Konrad the team may add another Forward as well. “Depends on a few players leaving the club” according to Fuchsbichler. A few of the injured players did not play in the test match against Schaffhausen (Swiss League).

Sounds like so far the talks have been going along the lines of the contract Joe signed. End of the Austrian Season and maybe a Player/Team Option.

11. Offebacher

Offebacher Member

May 14, 2006
    Houston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

And now it is Official:

http://www.scra.at/nc/aktuelles/details/archiv/2008/01/28/article/11//cashpoint-sc/

Mit dem 26jährigen Amerikaner Nate Jaqua gibt der CASHPOINT SCR Altach seine dritte Neuverpflichtung für das Frühjahr bekannt.
    Der 1,91 Meter große Angreifer wechselt vom MLS-Champion Houston Dynamo vorläufig bis Sommer nach Vorarlberg.

"With the 26 year old American Nate Jaqua, Cashpoint Altach has it's third signing of the spring. The Forward is coming from Houston Dynamo and will stay until the Summer in Vorarlberg."

Means that unless he does something else he is only with them for the remainder of their season.

12. Bandido

Bandido Member

Apr 6, 2006
    Deperrosbravos N.L.
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo

Awe Shucks, we just lost another one :mad:
    How much was Jake making here and how much will he make now??
    Is Messi busy much these days??

13. Offebacher

Offebacher Member

May 14, 2006
    Houston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Lalo, I think he was in the 100K range last year here. Just like with Joe's deal, no amounts have been disclosed (so far). Interesting that they could not agree on anything past the end of the season though, as the team there seemed willing to do that.

14. MLSNHTOWN

MLSNHTOWN Member+

Oct 27, 1999
    Houston, TX

Maybe Nate has already talked to Dom and is coming back?

15. schwabe13

schwabe13 Member

Jan 27, 2006
    in the best MLS town

I don't think so.
    I assume, that Nate & Joseph are looking for other teams in "better" leagues in Europe. This would give them 7 months time, when most leagues start after the summer break in August.

16. taylor b

taylor b New Member

Dec 18, 2006
    San Marcos, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Confirmed: Nate Jaqua signs with Cashpoint SCR Altach

Oh well. Lets put one of the players we have now up front with Ching. If they get a forward their going to have to overpay for them. Lets put Ashe up front. I know hes short but hes got speed like no one.

17. dustcowpoke

dustcowpoke Member

Jan 7, 2006
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I prefer Ashe up front over Wondolowski. He can come on as a sub if he wants.

18. The Liquidator

May 22, 2006
    Tigres UANL---Dynamo
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

how ironic the team's name is 'Cashpoint'

19. schwabe13

schwabe13 Member

Jan 27, 2006
    in the best MLS town

true, but the Cashpoint has cash problems ....I hope, Nate gets payed always and that in timely manner .

20. CeltTexan

CeltTexan Member+

Sep 21, 2000
    Houston, TX USA
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Hey Schwabe...how do you say 'bench' and 'splinters' in German?

See ya Jaqua, we hardly knew ya!

DALE DYNAMO!!!

21. schwabe13

schwabe13 Member

Jan 27, 2006
    in the best MLS town

don't be so hard on him, he played for Dynamo! Just wish him well ...

22. anderson

anderson Member+

Feb 28, 2002
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Thanks for all your help this year in bringing us another championship, Nate. Best of luck with your new club in Austria and enjoy your adventure in Europe.

23. dustcowpoke

dustcowpoke Member

Jan 7, 2006
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Well Nate Jaqua (or is it Cashqua) at least you didn't go to our rivals for more money.

[​IMG]

In all seriousness, thanks. I'll always remember the West Conference goal. Just like I remember the Dalglish playoff goals. :(

24. *rey*

*rey* Member+

Feb 22, 2006
    Houston

good luck bro. don't forget us, cause we won't forget you.

25. brahmafutbol

brahmafutbol Member+

Jan 29, 2006
    East Bernard, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

what I don't get about these losses is how quiet the media here is about it. Ok, I'm not surprised but it would be nice if the tv news could mention that something's going on. Imagine if two of the Rockets' or Astros' leading scorers left within a week of each other during their off season. You think the tv sports wouldn't be all over it? This shows that no matter how much we sometimes praise the quality of the Dynamo's coverage by our local media, we still have a long way to go.

I would love to see somebody interview Nate and Jo and find out what they're thinking, what they thought about their time with Houston, what they'll miss and what they hope to achieve in Austria. Obviously, they don't owe us an explanation, but it would be interesting to get their thoughts. These guys are easy to talk to and the world's not that big any more. It shouldn't be hard at all to get a few statements from these guys.