Robbie Rogers Video

Discussion in 'Columbus Crew' started by Gabriel_Ferrari_F50, Dec 12, 2007.

1. Gabriel_Ferrari_F50

May 3, 2007
  2. Missionary

Missionary Member

Jul 13, 2003
    Mission Viejo
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Fun stuff, thanks!

3. Bill Archer

Bill Archer BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That video is plainly fraudulent.

Why, just the other day we were reading about how Rogers is rotting away in Columbus, along with other young players. Skills eroding, creativity crushed, practically a shell of his former self as his boundless potential is ground away under the weight of Sigi Schmid's arrogance and stupidity.

And I didn't know that Quentin Tarantino did YouTube soundtrack work.

4. Foosinho

Foosinho New Member

Jan 11, 1999
    New Albany, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I had the same thought.

Good vid, tho.

5. crewfighter

crewfighter New Member

Feb 15, 2006
    Claddagh's Roof
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Quite the highlight reel for two games against two of the arguably best teams in the East. Next year I could see Rogers netting 10 plus goals if he starts next year where he left off.

Maybe we should start him at forward next year. I mean 3 goals and 1 assist in those last two games at forward is the most production we got out of any forward in two years.

6. Missionary

Missionary Member

Jul 13, 2003
    Mission Viejo
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My two prayers for next season-Sigi does not doghouse him and Guille comes back because Rogers seems to respond well when he is on the field.

7. chmk

chmk New Member

Jul 5, 2007
    E. Lane Ave
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Their production together in aug. and sep. would have changed the outcome of our season. sigh...

8. TimD

TimD Member

Aug 9, 1999
    Columbus, Ohio, U.S.
    Rogers shot, skills, and creativity were most assuredly a highlight for last season let's hope it continues next season.

My question is who put this together. Do players or their agents do this to advertise the player to teams in order to get them interested?

9. Missionary

Missionary Member

Jul 13, 2003
    Mission Viejo
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not sure but when you go to the video click on the person who prepared it. He also did highlights on Bradley, several on Altidore, some MLS games.

10. Crew1486

Crew1486 New Member

Apr 17, 2007
    Columbus/Athens
    I think that most of us knew Rogers was quality since his first goal against New England. I really don't understand why he didn't get more playing time? Maybe Sigi's smarter than we think and he just didn't want Rogers to get too much outside attention.

He's one of the few players for the crew (and in the entire MLS) who actually likes to dribble at people and take shots.

11. JohnJohn

JohnJohn New Member

Dec 11, 2003
    Chino
    This video just makes me pissed that he did not play more.

12. Own Goal Hat-Trick

Jul 28, 1999
    ColoRADo
    so, uh, hes starting next year, right?

13. Flyer Fan

Flyer Fan Member+

Apr 18, 1999
    Columbus, OH
    I don't think anyone doubted Rogers's potential or his quality, and I doubt Schmid did, either, seeing as how Schmid noted that Rogers is destined for the senior national team. Maybe there were other components of Rogers's game that Schmid believed weren't ready for regular action initially. Plus, let's not forget Rogers spent a significant amount of time away from the team which probably didn't help him break into the regular rotation immediately.

And, if I may say, this is a nice video but let's not forget it's a highlight reel. There's some very impressive stuff in there, but let's not pretend that he played perfectly at every opportunity. I think he's going to be a fantastic player for Columbus, and I think he should play an integral role in 2008, but I'm not going to turn my monitor into an atlas of Pacific islands over a YouTube video.

14. Gabriel_Ferrari_F50

May 3, 2007
    In response to someone above, I made this video. I also did one on Bradley, 2 on Altidore, and 1 on Robbie Findley.

I must say though, in regards to this quote above, that when I reviewed footage, Rogers was impressive most of the time he touched the ball, even when he didn't really. To be honest more than Altidore (I reviewed to make his videos too). Now I'm not saying one is better than the other, and after all they are different types of players. When he received the ball in the middle, he didn't lose it, and shielded off opposition with textbook movement. He made the small passes when he knew he should, and his off the ball movement is priceless. I had extra footage of things like this that I couldn't justify putting into a highlight video. But if you think this video contains just the few moments of good play he had, I must disagree. In fact I would say it's more just scratching the surface. He was a couple inches away from adding 3 goals and 2 assists to his totals. Which meant he would have helped to make 9 goals in just under 600 minute this season.

He is what I would call a "Supreme Hybrid". When he shoots, he can rival Altidore. He makes runs out of the midfield that could rival Donovan. His endurance rivals McBride's. And to be honest I don't think anyone rivals him in his ability to play in such a variety of situations, or his ability to use either foot. Now maybe you don't agree he rivals these players in those respects, but you cannot deny that he possess a uniquely large mixture of qualities.

Good news for the Crew is I don't think Rogers wants to be in europe. I can't say for sure, maybe if a big club wanted him a couple years down the road. But we know he didn't leave Heerenveen because they were ambivalent towards him, he left cause he wanted to be here in the US. He fits extremely well as somewhat of a lime light player for the Crew. Hard worker, strong athlete, tenacious don't stop until the jobs done attitude.

Unfortunately he will likely miss a portion of the season with the U23's. If Gaven and Ward goes that could really hurt the Crew.

15. #1 Feilhaber and Adu

Aug 1, 2007

Totally agree!

But i think about the "going to europe" thing; he should go, i could easily see him playing the EPL on the left since most people in the EPL have an arsenal of qualities with speed just like Rogers.

16. HardHatMike

HardHatMike DOOOOOOOOM!

Traktor Nebraska
    Aug 31, 2005
    Lincoln, Nebraska
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Fanboys of the world, unite! :rolleyes:

17. TimD

TimD Member

Aug 9, 1999
    Columbus, Ohio, U.S.
    The video was cool thanks for identifying yourself. Still not sure why you went to the trouble but it is definetly good stuff and fans can be weird creatures sometimes.

You may be a touch overexcited about our boy right now but he most certainly has a bright future ahead of him. And it's always good to have other fans appreciating our talent and team.

Missing Rogers a big chunk of next season will hurt as much as it did this year. But that is the problem with being the team that DEVELOPS young talent we get used to losing our guys to international duty. Mostly the young guys the past several years but eventually we will be missing them for the men's squad unless they have already gone to Europe. Sorry couldn't avoid the regression into past threads.

Keep up the good work dude and I'll check out your other reels.

18. Missionary

Missionary Member

Jul 13, 2003
    Mission Viejo
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You made some fantastic videos! I saw the Bradley and Altidore ones as well!

19. #1 Feilhaber and Adu

Aug 1, 2007
    Yea gabriel ferrari great stuff. I know you have been doing videos of future greats but is there any way you can make a highlight reel of Clint Mathis. Being a metrostars fan, his gaols were amazing. Any way you can make it including his amazing goals in hannover.

20. Gabriel_Ferrari_F50

May 3, 2007

Ha ha, well I like Mathis, but I don't really have the time and energy to do that. I know it may appear I have no life, but I promise you I have a little bit of one. Maybe he'll put one together for you this coming season. God knows the Galaxy will need it. The only video I may do anytime soon is a compilation of goals scored by U-23 players this year. I have an idea for a song, and about 35 goals already, but I got a bunch of other crap I gotta do, plus I would have to find somewhere else to upload it because it would be to big for youtube.

In response to me being a "Superfan", or being overexcited about Rogers, I probably am a little bit. My drive to making Roger's video, was that everytime I tried to talk about Rogers with regards to US Soccer, everyone acted like he was a so-so player from the U-20 team. Probably because he didn't make a ton of noise at the WC, or get called in for the MNT this year, unlike Zizzo, Szetela, Davies, etc. So it was kind of a way to shine a little more light on him, because few people seemed to know or care about him. I am also somewhat of a Crew fan, growing up in Ohio, but live in NYC now and spent last season watching Altidore w/the RBs. But I figured I'd give a Crew player a little love for once. I don't think however, that I am wrong in saying Rogers could be a real impact player with the MNT in the future.

21. Placid Casual

Placid Casual Member+

Apr 2, 2004
    Bentley's Roof
    Clint Mathis has gaols? Who did he put in them? What made them amazing? Did they get fresh coffee and doughnuts in the morning?

22. TimD

TimD Member

Aug 9, 1999
    Columbus, Ohio, U.S.
    Sorry, I didn't mean my comment about being overexcited to come across like an insult. It's just we here in C'bus realize the guy needs more seasoning before he is seen as a high quality. But you are completely right in your belief that Robbie could grow into a true impact player for the USMNT and we are all hoping that he becomes an impact player for us this year.

Honestly, your video has started to get me a little pumped for the upcoming season. As you might expect we here in Crewville are a little flat at the moment. But with the prospect of having young players like Robbie, Eddie, DannyO, Hesmer, combined with long time vets Frankie and Duncan and hopefully we have the return of both Guille and Chad things don't look that bad.

Again, thanks for the vid and Merry Christmas and an early Merry Crewmas.

23. Matt D

Matt D Member

Mar 17, 2006
    new orleans
    We've got to be the only country in the world where a player who could be a really good player gets more fanboys than a player who is really good. Once a guy actually makes it, all the hype calms down and they find another guy coming up who might also make it big. It's kinda weird, isn't it?

24. somaside

somaside New Member

Aug 17, 2004
    killumbus o-hi-er
    Ummm....Homo say what?

The kid is A mazing

the only problem with his game is he still can't figure how to help the team out when he's sitting on the bloody bench.

he needs to start next year

25. Missionary

Missionary Member

Jul 13, 2003
    Mission Viejo
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States