Best Football fans on EURO 2008

Discussion in 'Euro 2012' started by TariboWest33, Dec 5, 2007.

1. TariboWest33

TariboWest33 Member

Jul 8, 2007
    Thread for discuss, which NT will have the best support on EURO...

2. Chess_Panther

Chess_Panther Member+

Apr 29, 2007
    Porto, Portugal
    Now that England is out...the most obvious answer is Netherlands.

3. U7 Blazej

U7 Blazej New Member

Aug 13, 2007
    Club:
    AC Chievo Verona
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Poland, had one of the top fans in the World Cup 06

4. TariboWest33

TariboWest33 Member

Jul 8, 2007
    IMHO

1. CROATIA
    Everyone who watched game on Wembley, know about what i am talking.. 6000 Croatian fans was loader then 80 000 englishman, not only after croatian lead, but also at the start of the match, here is the the proof:
    VIDEO: Croatian fans cheering on the Wembley (and on the streets of London)

Another thing, Croati will play in Wienna and Klangefurt (thats only 2-3 hours from Croatia), and they will have massive support

2. NETHERLANDS
    Stadiums will be in orange colours, Holland allways had great support of their fans

3. TURKEY
    It'll be inavios on Switzerland, especially will be interesting to see their match against Swiss...

5. DinamoTFC

DinamoTFC Member

Jul 9, 2007
    Toronto
    Awesome videos, thanks for the link.

1) I think Croatia will have the best; Austria is only around an hour away from Croatia.

2) Germany and Poland dooking it out

3) Netherlands

6. 96Squig

96Squig Member

Feb 4, 2004
    Hanover
    Club:
    Hannover 96
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I like Scandinavian fans the most, but I think that the Croatian, German, Dutch and Swizz fans are going to be fun as well... And I really hope the Austrians can get their act together.

7. Boloni86

Boloni86 Member+

Jun 7, 2000
    Baltimore
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Gibraltar
    1) Croatia

2) Poland

3) Germany

Funny they're all in the same group. There will be more Croats, Poles and Germans in Austria than Austrians ... :D

8. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    The Dutch are hardly the most loyal or loud fans and these would be the deciding factors for me in this vote. We just stand out because of the orange. Easier to spot as it were. I also think we stand out because we're a friendly bunch which is nice for the hosts I guess. Dutch hooligans find it beneath them to travel with the Dutch NT, they all stay at home and only the friendly neighbourly type Dutch football fans actually go to tournaments.

My favourite national team supporters are the Irish. Shame they didn't qualify.

9. Romanian9

Romanian9 New Member

Jul 25, 2006
    I'd have to say the Dutch fans, Germany have pretty passionate fans as well.

10. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    1) Switzerland/Austria
    2) Croatia
    3) Turkey

Followed by Germany, Poland, Holland, Czech Republic and maybe Sweden.

However, I think that the support won't be so important at this EURO with those small stadiums...

11. besiktasfan

besiktasfan Member

Aug 22, 2007
    Turkey
    Club:
    Besiktas JK
    Nat'l Team:
    Turkey
    My top 3

Crotia,Poland,Turkey ( Alphabetically) :)

12. TariboWest33

TariboWest33 Member

Jul 8, 2007
    Russians are coming

13. Exil_Scotland

Exil_Scotland New Member

Jan 7, 2008
    The funniest thing is that Germans, Croats and Poles are in the same group. I voted for Croatia, im from Glasgow but i work in Zagreb, and things they do... u have to see (and hear) it to believe! First and above all. And especialy in Austria, bacause its only 2-3 hours by car from Croatia, there is aproximately 50,000 Croats living in Austria plus almost half a million Croats who live in Germany and about 100,000 Croats living in Switzerland, I think this could be their top. And their group is also very interesting, Austia is at home, Ive said about Croatia, lots of germans will surely come "down there", and poles are also preety good supporters. And with two matches marked as "high risk game" (Aus vs. Cro and Ger vs. Pol), this is going to be hell of the group... :)

14. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    It's pretty easy and cheap for supporters of all countries to travel to either Switzerland or Austria though, even by plane. That's part of the charm of the Euros, all countries are represented by a good number of fans.

15. nido33

nido33 New Member

Dec 10, 2005
    i have doubts about loyality of dutch fans after i saw ajax fans,but maybee i'm wrong and dutch fans that support other clubs are better.
    as for loyality i would go for my,croatian fans.
    btw any balkan team fans are louder then the dutch . the loudest fans i saw were turkish for sure.

16. Jaga

Jaga New Member

Feb 25, 2006
    in my house
  17. AFCA

AFCA Member

Jul 16, 2002
    X X X rated
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    There are plenty of loyal Ajax fans. I doubt many clubs in the world treat their mosr loyal fans with the disdain with which Ajax does. It's pretty much a miracle that anybody still shows up at Ajax games.

So pherhaps you better stick to Croatia and it's neighbours before making bold claims about people in a country at a club you know shit about, based on two games :rolleyes:

Concerning the Turks, I agree. But in my experience fans can be pretty loud everywhere.

18. nido33

nido33 New Member

Dec 10, 2005
    no offense i dont shit on anyone i'm just saying what i heard and saw. its johan neeskens who made a bold claim not me, that the Dutch are hardly the most loyal or loud fans.

19. ifkgötet

ifkgötet Member

Sep 16, 2007
    Göteborg/Borås
    Club:
    IFK Goteborg
    Sweden, Berlin 2008. I say no more. Some countries fans are overrepresented here. That off coarse shows in the statistics on this thread.

20. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Yeah, there's lots of Croatians here! :)

Of course I remember that great Swedish night in Berlin. Thus I mentioned Sweden as well in my posting.

21. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    You surely are among the "best" ... but the Croatians are definitely on top when it comes to support!

Their atmosphere against Brasil in Berlin was the best during the whole WC 2006 in my eyes!

I experienced them in Nuremberg against Portugal and can tell you that they are pretty loyal!

Nearby they showed the best pre-game atmosphere I've ever seen (even above the level of Celtic away games)!

22. Hrvat

Hrvat New Member

Mar 27, 2005
    Zagreb, Croatia
    This is a joke, right?

23. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  24. Hrvat

Hrvat New Member

Mar 27, 2005
    Zagreb, Croatia
    If you're not sure, I can assure you that it is ;)

25. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    My point is that the people who travel with the Dutch national team typically don't follow a club in Holland. They're two completely different supporters groups.

You'll find btw that Dutch supporters on the club level are far, far more passionate and loyal than those travelling with the Dutch national team. Both in a positive and in a negative sense. So that's why on the international club level, you will occassionally see Dutch fans causing trouble. Where the Dutch national team is concerned, the fans behave as if they came straight out of convent school.

As for your comment about fans from the Balkans: at the 1998 world cup I sat next to a group of Serbs chanting about Milosevic and Mladic. If that's showing passion for your country, I don't like it one bit.