The Best Fusion fan of all time...

Discussion in 'Inter Miami CF' started by chichi, Jul 25, 2003.

1. chichi

chichi Member

May 21, 1999
    Miami Fl
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Throughout Sports history there are fans who have become an insignia or symbol of a team. The Lakers have Jack Nicholson, The Knicks have Spike Lee... The Fusion had Burrito.
    [​IMG]
    Artist rendition

Very little is know about this mysterious and solitary soul. according to him he was Born Mardoqueo de la Torre y Chancleta one cold night on the year of our lord July 4, 1977 in the city of Toluca, Mexico. A Toluca Fan since birth he came to this country by ways unknown and now resides in Homestead, Florida.

I was able to get a hold of him by chance, while making a reservation at a restaurant in Homestead called El Toro. He worked there, we talked about Futbol and here is what happened:

I tried my best to capture Burritos accent... read on...

Chichi: Just like many of us, your heart must have been broken when our team The Miami Fusion was taken from us.

Burrito: Pinches Putos nos chingaron! All Burrito have was that team ese. If it wasn't for the Mexican League and my mami back in Mejico I would have died vato.

C: Why the name Burrito?

B: Why the name Chichi ese?

C:ChiChi is a nickname.

B: In Mexico they call boobys chichis vato, you should change the name.

Burrito call himself Burrito after favorite food and because when Burrito play Futbol people say Burrito looked like Ariel "Burrito" Ortega from Argentina.:

C: Is it true you used to take the bus to Lockhart Stadium from Homestead? That's got to be like 50 miles atleast.

B: Si, it was very far but when you love Futbol like Burrito love Futbol then you no think of it. Burrito take a walkman and some music by Vicente Fernandez and time go by fast. But now Burrito Have his own car.

C:Have you tried doing something about your accent and writing skills?

B:No:

C: You should

B: .....<<silence>>:

C:Did I offend you?

B:Que? Burrito drop tortilla...:

C: Oh... never mind. On that note, It was nice talking to you. You should come back to Bigsoccer or to the South Florida strikers site.

B: Burrito have to many enemies in Bigsoccer, people no like him there, Besides, Burrito too Macho man for them, maybe someday when Fusion come back Burrito go back too.

2. G Enriquez

G Enriquez Member+

Apr 1, 2002
    Tampa
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Chi chi your pretty creative.

3. leca

leca New Member

Dec 20, 2001
    PB County
  4. chichi

chichi Member

May 21, 1999
    Miami Fl
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks G!

I just went to the South Florida strikers site and I read that Burrito is going to do a weekly review there covering Soccer from MLS, Mexico and the world. He also has an "Ax Burrito thread" where you ask him for advice on many subjects. I guess he's an expert at something...

check it out:

http://www.soflastrikers.com/forums/index.php?act=SF&f=14

5. chichi

chichi Member

May 21, 1999
    Miami Fl
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  6. leca

leca New Member

Dec 20, 2001
    PB County
  7. Lono

Lono Member

Jul 1, 2000
    Campinas, SP - Brasil
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Cuba
    geez, been gone for what? two three years and its still the same people...

8. chichi

chichi Member

May 21, 1999
    Miami Fl
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Lono! It's been a long time!

We are the few that are left.

You being one of the original Afusionados I know losing our team must of hurt and kept you away.

It's only a matter of time before we have a team again.

Go here: http://www.soflastrikers.com/forums/index.php?

...and tell your friends.

9. Lono

Lono Member

Jul 1, 2000
    Campinas, SP - Brasil
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Cuba
    CHICHI!!!!! my man!!! hows my buddy burrito??? tell him i say hi... yeah ive been away but i just surfed in and it amazes me that some people still dont "get" what that scumbag c0#* su**er whorowhiz did.. im here in the states at least through the end of the year (i missed the us-brasil game cause i was in, well, brasil).. ill be popping in and out but its great to see you again.. and yes, the rumours you hear about the mls/ miami city commision have SOME TRUTH behind them..

10. Krystoff

Krystoff New Member

May 16, 2001
    "Improvement in the standings and turnstiles from the previous season were not sufficient enough to prevent MLS from contracting the Fusion and Tampa Bay Lightning."

Tampa Bay Lightning???

11. chichi

chichi Member

May 21, 1999
    Miami Fl
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Tampa Bay Lightning... thats funny.

12. river

river Member

Aug 12, 2001
    Cooper City
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Where is Burrito?

I need recepies!

13. Burrito

Burrito Red Card

Apr 16, 2001
    Homestead, FL
    You want quesadilla?

Burrito almost cry when he sees dis tread...

Burrito want to tank all vatos that remember him and invite everybody to http://www.soflastrikers.com/forums/index.php?

There you find some carnales who want futbol back in Miami and mucho mas.

Also read about Burrito plan on buying new team for Miami/Jomestead once he win Pepsi 1 Billion pesos! sino we half team when Real Madrid buy team in 2010. You can also read how Burrito plan to save world from asteroid with giant Quesadilla and stop world hunger at same time!

Tank you again and half a merry christmas!

"Somos hermanitos de leche!"

14. jamison

jamison Member

Sep 25, 2000
    NYC
    The article mentioned them talking about giving Miami a team by the end of the decade. Man, preliminary isn't the word. End of the decade is like 2008/2009, 5+ years away. Do they need to start lining up season ticket holders? Granted, it would take a year to get the okay and 2 years to build a stadium, but I think it's a bit early to talk about this unless them have something on the table for 2005. With Chivas San Diego and Houston a possibility, Miami is at best 3rd, and likely 4th or 5th behind Philly and Seattle.

Really though, if Real Madrid is serious about starting a reserve team, what better place than Miami? Let them play the kids they sign from Brazil/Argy over here for a year or two- that would be great.

15. Mike T

Mike T Member

May 21, 2002
    Miami
    Landon scores again!..."if South Florida is awarded an expansion team, Fort Lauderdale, where the Fusion played for four seasons, would not be his preferred location.

''It would have to be Miami,'' he said. ``You need some Brazilian, Cuban, Haitian players. It would draw, without a doubt"

Looks like he agrees with the Miami-Daders here.

Also the Mastro seems rather nostalgic and homesick. He really sounds like us Afusionados in his statements.

''It hurts that we had such a good team in 2001 and not come away with anything,''... well we at least got the Supporter's Shield (the one the Supporters never got to see since the team and Pablito were SNATCHED away from us even before we could appreciate it)

Also the article mentions "Mastroeni would not hesitate to return to South Florida if the league added a new franchise." Ouch! for any Rapids fans, but I sure believe its true.