SA Arizona Desert Brigade Scarves

Discussion in 'Phoenix' started by HSV Hooligan, Oct 18, 2007.

1. HSV Hooligan

HSV Hooligan New Member

Jul 25, 2002
    Shaker Heights, OH
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm going to try and put together an effort to get some Sam's Army - Arizona Desert Brigade scarves for the upcoming US-Sweden match at the Home Depot Center in January. No, they aren't going to be specific to that match, but more of a general scarf. However, I'm not the most artistic sort, and I've seen a few other designs, but I was wondering if anyone here has any suggestions or designs for the Arizona Desert Brigade scarves? Keep in mind that the design should have no more than 3 colors.

Here's a picture with some of the supports from the North Jersey Brigade with their scarf as an example: [​IMG]

Here are some recent USMNT scarves from this summer:
    [​IMG]

I'm just trying to get a design that people like. Any suggestions?

2. Roundball

Roundball What?

Jan 20, 2006
    Glendale, AZ
    Good idea. Were going to make it a mini vacations and do the sea world and zoo thing after the game. I was about a quarter into the process of making a design and I started to think how SA is planning on setting things up geographically. I think I'll cruise on over to the SA reorganization thread and see if they can start a new Fourm/Thread for each brigade once they figure everything out.

I'm not not artistic enough either but figured I would do one to get every talking about it at least and giving some input.

3. Palermo10

Palermo10 Member

Apr 7, 2005
    San Diego
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My suggestion for scarf:

All red, with red/white blue tassels on the end. In the middle it says "SAMS ARMY" in big white letters, and underneath that in smaller print it says "A R I Z O N A B R I G A D E"

And then on either side of that, the Arizona state flag turned vertical.

And on the backside, maybe something like "THE DESERT BRIGADE" or somehtin like that

If somebody artistic wants to draw that up...

I also mentioned to HSV that I know some people that make scarves, so we could probably get a group rate

4. Noodles

Noodles Member

Apr 24, 2001
    Chandler, AZ
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What do you think about a dual purpose scarf with "Sam's Army - Arizona Brigade" on one side (with red, white, and blue color scheme - US flags at both ends) and "MLS Phoenix Rising - Bring MLS to PHX" on the other side (AZ flag color scheme - MLSPR logo at one end and AZ flag at the other)? Then I won't have to buy two scarves!

5. Palermo10

Palermo10 Member

Apr 7, 2005
    San Diego
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Personally, I'd prefer not to mix the two causes. Just my 2 cents though

6. HSV Hooligan

HSV Hooligan New Member

Jul 25, 2002
    Shaker Heights, OH
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've worked up a couple of rough designs for scarves, but can't figure out how to post the pictures here. I typically post them on a personal blog, then link to the picture, but it's not working. Can anyone help?

7. XeneizeAZ

XeneizeAZ New Member

Jul 21, 2007
    Arizona
    what format are they? you can upload them to www.imageshack.us and then bring them over with their link...

8. HSV Hooligan

HSV Hooligan New Member

Jul 25, 2002
    Shaker Heights, OH
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Alright, here we go. Thanks for the help, by the way.

Here are a couple of proposed designs for a scarf. I've already received a couple suggestions, but wanted to put these out there for everyone to comment on. What do you like, what should be chanced, etc? Give some feedback as I'm contacting a scarf producer to see about getting these made.

I purposefully avoided putting anything about the US-Sweden match or date on them so they can be general purpose scarves with more specific ones later - wanted to get the general one first. Fire away with comments!

[​IMG]

9. Roundball

Roundball What?

Jan 20, 2006
    Glendale, AZ
    I think I like the black one more. I also like the old school US Soccer logo. Much better than the soccer ball one.

I don't know what th dimensions would be but I noticed the North Jersey one at the top had a web address.

10. XeneizeAZ

XeneizeAZ New Member

Jul 21, 2007
    Arizona
    I like the Black One! I don't roll with red to much =)

but I think having some blue yellow wont be a bad idea :D

[​IMG]

11. XeneizeAZ

XeneizeAZ New Member

Jul 21, 2007
    Arizona
  12. Palermo10

Palermo10 Member

Apr 7, 2005
    San Diego
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Those look good R. I would just say, I think an Arizona flag on the ends would look good, unless it's too many colors?

13. Ultravolta

Ultravolta New Member

Feb 8, 2007
    Dancefloor
    I'd do something like this...

[​IMG]

...with navy fringes.

14. HSV Hooligan

HSV Hooligan New Member

Jul 25, 2002
    Shaker Heights, OH
    Club: