Solo was forced to even eat alone:WTH

Discussion in 'USA Women: News and Analysis' started by htide, Sep 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. htide

htide Member

Jul 28, 2007
    Solo couldn't play or train with the team and had to take her meals apart as the team shunned her. By Sunday evening, it was unclear if she would even fly back to the U.S. with the team she had been a part of for more than two years.
    "The circumstance that happened and her going public has affected the whole group," said Kristine Lilly, a 36-year-old forward who played in a record fifth World Cup. "And having her with us would still be a distraction."

This makes me sick. WTF IS WRONG WITH THESE PEOPLE. HOW CAN YOU TREAT A HUMAN BEING LIKE THIS? SOMEONE THAT WAS YOUR FRIEND NO LESS THEN A FEW DAYS AGO??? WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED TO FORGIVENESS??? THIS CRAP MAKES ME CRY: I HATE CRYING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. carolinablue_cchs07

carolinablue_cchs07 New Member

Sep 12, 2005
    Murray, KY
    Club:
    Pali Blues
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    you have GOT TO BE KIDDING ME. of course, the ones who WOULD'VE gone to sit with her would've gotten thrown to the dogs as well and the LAST THING the US needs is someone like Heather O'Reilly or Lori Chalupny out of the picture. (i say those two b/c i happen to KNOW they're really compassionate. idk where they might (SILENTLY!) happen to stand, i just went on their compassionate natures.)

3. Murcer68

Murcer68 Member

Nov 4, 2003
    If they won't let her fly back with them on the same plane, that would be ridiculous. I wonder how they could possibly justify that?

4. newjerseyboy

newjerseyboy New Member

Apr 13, 2005
    why would hope want to fly home with them. Most of the teammates, with a couple of exceptions, hung her out to dry

5. kcguru

kcguru Member

Jun 16, 2007
    Wisconsin
    I am rapidly losing all respect for this team. It makes me wonder where all this is really coming from. To me, it sounds like when a parent (Ryan) sticks one kid in the corner and tells the rest of the kids to not talk to them, they're being punished. I would really hate to think that Chups, Cat, HAO, Tarp, all these people would just write her off like that. So like I said, I would really like to know where the orders are coming from.

6. newjerseyboy

newjerseyboy New Member

Apr 13, 2005
    Greg Ryan and Sunil Gulati.

7. goalieanna

goalieanna New Member

Jul 30, 2006
    California
    This is just unbelievable. At this point, I wouldn't blame Hope for packing her bags and never looking back.

8. Murcer68

Murcer68 Member

Nov 4, 2003
    I think you're being overly kind to limit this to Chups, Cat, HAO and Tarp. I would hope that Markgraf, Rampone and Boxx are old enough, intelligent enough, and have played long enough with Lilly, to tell Lilly and Wambach to take a flying leap and stop bashing Solo.

9. kcguru

kcguru Member

Jun 16, 2007
    Wisconsin
    Yeah, I would hope there would be other ones as well, I was just mentioning a few that were quoted such as Chups and Cat and I honestly can't see Tarp being mad at anyone. Hopefully more comes out once they get back to the states and we find out that Ryan put a gag order on everyone and made them treat Hope like crap because that's about the only way I am going to start respecting this team again.

10. dianamo-superstriker

Sep 30, 2007
    California
    Does anybody knows if they are coming back through San Francisco?? I would love to go to the airport with signs of support and cheering for Hope.. can anybody tell me ???
    ( considering if she comes back on the same plane!!! ):(

11. JeremyEritrea

JeremyEritrea Member+

Jun 29, 2006
    Takoma Park, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I pay little attention to the USWNT. After this idiocy, I will pay even less attention.

Leaders? Ha!

Lilly and the other "Golden Girls" are acting like a bunch of children.

12. newjerseyboy

newjerseyboy New Member

Apr 13, 2005

They'll probably get in at like 2am in some podunk airport so as to avoid all public disdain for Ryan and public support for Hope, because there are tons of both

13. Albirrojo

Albirrojo Member

Aug 27, 2004
    This is starting to get on my nerves, I'm sure a lot of US Soccer's funds is our tax dollars and if that is so, we've got more than a right to voice our opinion, I'll think, our congressman is a bit of an excercise zealot on bike paths and such and serves in Wash. DC. Maybe, maybe there is some measure that could be done.

14. htide

htide Member

Jul 28, 2007
    dianamo, if i lived in cali, id be there with you. id love to see the look on their faces getting off the plane to a crowd of hope supporters. im sure their will be media there as well, and id be GLAD to give my two cents on camera.

15. dianamo-superstriker

Sep 30, 2007
    California
    I'm really pissed!!! She worked hard for the TEAM, wheter she was right or wrong, at this point is irrelevant; if they want to keep this whole TEAM idea they have to stop being so inmature about it.. WTF?? not even let her get her medal???? What's with that???? :(

16. Dr. Mario86

Dr. Mario86 New Member

Jul 23, 2007
    Berkeley
    Is there a way to make ourselves heard?

17. Charge!

Charge! Member

May 7, 2001
    BSG 75
    http://www.freehopesolo.com will go online sometime within the next 24 hours...

18. kcguru

kcguru Member

Jun 16, 2007
    Wisconsin
    Did she really not get her medal? I know she wasn't allowed there and everything but I find it hard to believe that some teammate or assistant coach didn't grab one and give it to her back at the hotel. If not, then I honestly don't think I have any respect for this team left. It's all gone. Regardless of what happened after one game, she helped get them to that game.

19. 5x300games

5x300games New Member

Oct 6, 2005
    SE Wisconsin
    Darn straight. All Ryan did was throw Hope Solo under the bus aimed at him. He won't be able to stop the steamroller, though...

20. htide

htide Member

Jul 28, 2007
    not only did she help them, they wouldnt have made it without her. Scurry would have been in deep dodo in the NK game due to the slippage fromt he ball and her lousy footgame. she would merely punt stuff right back to that NK front line.

21. Bolo

Bolo New Member

Jan 16, 2007
    I don't mean to come off callous but you are going to call your congressman because Hope Solo ate alone?

100's of Thousands of Kids in the US went to bed hungry tonight, and this prompts a call to a congressman.........

Speechless

22. htide

htide Member

Jul 28, 2007
    bolo,
    although logically that would be true, lets all be honest, our congressman are negotiationing bridges to no-where and subsidies for goats. They might like the distraction LOL

23. Plxix

Plxix BigSoccer Yellow Card

Mar 13, 2006
    wtf???

WTF!!

24. HMadass

HMadass New Member

Sep 22, 2007
    I'm going to get off my one-note "I love my team, dammit" soap box and just say that if that is true it's completely beyond insane.

Not only would I hope that some of the players would have shown more solidarity with Hope (maybe not that we would have seen in the press, but behind the scenes at the very least), but I would hope that the younger players who have more of a bond with Hope would come through.

And from a cynical standpoint, I would hope that some of the mid-age players like Boxx, Rampone, Markgraf, etc. who fall in between the Lilly's and the Lopezes, age wise, I would hope that if they didn't have the decency to stand up for Hope on a human level, they would at least recognize the value of Hope vs. Brianna long term.

Oy vey.

25. oman

oman Member

Jan 7, 2000
    South of Frisconsin
    Omg!!!!