Are you renewing your season tickets?

Discussion in 'LA Galaxy' started by avocats, Sep 19, 2007.

1. avocats

avocats Member

Nov 24, 2003
    Pacific Northwest
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Deadline is September 30. Whether from loyalty, optimism, or masochism, we just bit the bullet and renewed. Noted with joy that, in addition to the price increase, there's a $10 "2008 Season Ticket Holder" fee. The good times never stop. :rolleyes:

2. mbar

mbar Member+

Apr 30, 1999
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I thought deadline was mid October.

According to the renewal letter from the Galaxy, Alexi Lalas believes that it has been an "interesting" season. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

3. CSUFstewie

CSUFstewie Member

Feb 27, 2006
    Placentia, CA
    I was under the impression that season tix holders had until the end of october to renew and if they paid in full by then there was a discount as well. At least thats what the letter that I got said.

4. jimmyodonnell

jimmyodonnell Member

May 1, 2003
    I'll be renewing, with hopes of better results next year.

5. agutierrez

agutierrez New Member

Jul 27, 2007
    LA
    No troll, just a question. Lalas was on Fox Football Fone-in and stated there would not be an increase in season tickets next year. Was there any truth to that?

6. Baysider

Baysider Member+

Jul 16, 2004
    Santa Monica
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Depends on how you define it. If you were a new season ticket holder during 2007 and you renew early for 2008 you would get the same price.

However, since I renewed early last year I got 2006 prices for 2007. If I renew early again I will get 2007 prices for 2008.

Basically, if you consistently renew early you get all the price increases, but with a one-year lag. So, outside of a very limited sense, Alexi was not being truthful.

And I'm not renewing my ticket for next year.

7. mparker

mparker Member

Jan 11, 2007
    Section 141 Row G
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Am I frustrated about this season. Hell, yeah!

Do I bleed the ever changing Galaxy colors when you cut me... hell yeah!

So yes I am renewing my season tickets. What am I going to otherwise... go to Shitvas games?

8. L.A. SOCCER NATION

L.A. SOCCER NATION ONLY IN L.A.

Jun 17, 2005
    LOS ANGELES
    I wil be renewing my season tickets aswell, the way I see it is that every team has its bad seasons but lets hope that this was a learning experience for this organization and hope that it never happens again.

9. mbar

mbar Member+

Apr 30, 1999
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's a real shame for the Galaxy. You're one of the very best fans. Knowledgeable and passionate.

10. Topper

Topper BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 19, 1999
    SoCal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm not renewing. They re-classified my seats as "side-line seats" and want to raise the price by 25%.

I'll still go to some of the games, and I'll likely get the tickets from ebay. But I'm tired of the ever-increasing price hikes on everything from parking to beer to crappy food to tickets. I'm tired of incompetence from management. You have to hide your beer in the parking lot like a high school kid. Bacon-wrapped hot dogs in the parking lot have been driven away by the bicycling Ranger Ricks.

Now we're not allowed to bring bags of confetti into the stadium.

F*** 'em, I'm done for a while.

11. Cobifan

Cobifan New Member

Dec 2, 2006
    Yes... I am renewing...with or without Cobi, I am a Galaxy fan! It will be the 12th year as a season ticket holder...can't give up now! Good or bad times I will be there!!! Come on...it can't get any worse! Ok...let's hope not!

My packet said it was due by October 19th and the costs would be the 2007 advertised price. Sending in the confirmation this week just in case! :rolleyes:

12. pastyfacegangster

pastyfacegangster New Member

Apr 5, 2007
    PV
    I will absolutely be renewing - even when we lose, i have a good, yet frustration time.

The only problem to going to so many galaxy games (at least this season), bad role models - I coach my son's U9 team. During the game last saturday, i had my son playing right forward, and he was slow and sloppy - got moved off the ball easy. And then it hit me, he was playing just like gordon.

13. ProudNatRN

ProudNatRN Member

Los Angeles Galaxy
    Jun 10, 2002
    Norwalk, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sadly, I do not plan on renewing my season tickets for next year. I've had enough of the inconsistency and mediocrity at a premium. Besides, with Beckham on board all year next year (and the next, and the next, and the next), I probably won't miss a game on the tube all season. My loyalty to the team however, remains intact.

14. socluis90

socluis90 Member+

Aug 11, 2004
    So Cal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As fun as it is to go to a game this season has done nothing but disappoint. I used to go to games and if we lost I wouldn't be pissed, but this year is a whole other story. They act nothing like a football club and more like a traveling circus. I can't stand the way the FO has treated its most loyal fan base. Expensive parking, raising prices after a horrible season. Then they ban our flags, no confetti, no smoke bombs, no atmosphere!!! I'd rather have the horns back instead of our pathetic atmosphere. I will still go to the Chivas games next year and catch a game if I have no commitments but I really doubt I will commit to the whole season. I spend almost $100 each game with transportation, food and parking. I can use that money for a car payment instead.

15. rokstedy

rokstedy Member+

I love commieball
    Apr 20, 2001
    Northwest Orange County
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As disappointed as I was this year, I'll be renewing and hoping for the best next year.

16. Baysider

Baysider Member+

Jul 16, 2004
    Santa Monica
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Thanks. I'll still be a fan :)

They'll just take less of my money.

17. TequilaJoal

TequilaJoal Red Card

Mar 3, 2002
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Must Say

No not renewing as of now, could change but probably not by Oct. 19th.

I am so pissed at this team, this organization, everything really.

Just one of the reasons I prefer not buy season tickets, is going to all the games. The F.O. has taken away the exchanges this year and now you have to either sell your tickets or eat em'.

Plus, I hate this years new season ticket fans. I hope none of you are new soccer watchers, and beckham nuthuggers... but the new soccer fan is making the experience of going to games very, very lame.

All season I have sat next to people who cant stop texting during the game, and chicks who only watch the field to look for beckham, and people who glare at you and hush you when you cheer to loud or stand up in your seat when the action gets exciting.

Somebody took upper westside (Santa Monica,Brentwood,Beverly Hills,Pacific Palisades) dodger fan and somehow magically placed them in sideline seats to just sit there like a potted plant, and have all the passion of a dead fish.

That is the new Galaxy fan... thanks Alexi and the Galaxy marketing dept.

18. Skurwiel007

Skurwiel007 Member

Jun 12, 2004
    I'm sure you're right.Man, it can only be better unless F. Yallop stays for next season :D.

19. Since1996

Since1996 New Member

Jun 21, 2007
    I'm renewing. So is the fan to the left of me and so is the fan to right of me. We talked about it, we bi***ed about it, we even considered that spending the money on Oriental massages would provide a significantly greater likelihood of happy endings, however, when all is said and done, it boils down to the fact that we are hardcore GaLAxy fans. We are not giving up on our team.

20. Geneva

Geneva LA for Life

Feb 5, 2003
    Southern Cal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I briefly flirted with not renewing, but I'm committed now.

Topper, are you sure? The reclassified sideline seats prices got rolled back.

21. Mr.M

Mr.M New Member

Apr 12, 2007
    LA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Just got my renewal notice and to be honest, I dont want to renew just on principle. I've seen Alexi sitting smugly in his little box right behind my seats and I've had many a conversation about the terrible concessions, lack of TV's at concessions and overall "no heart" mentality of our team. He pretends to listen and then says he's "doing everything I can". Sure buddy. And if that is the case, he needs to go - and quick.

But, I will also always be a Galaxy supporter. Coupled with my weekly attendance at Cal St. Compton and its a no-brainer - would much rather walk out of class early, chug a few beers with buddies and go cheer on the squad.

I'll be renewing, but there will be a pointed letter accompanying my renewal. Wonder if they have the balls the respond.

22. Ludwig77

Ludwig77 New Member

Jun 19, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think I may have been the only one to tell my ticket rep to renew the first day I heard about it. I've already been charged on my CC and everything. Hmm...am I TOO loyal? Probably...(after all I'm a Cubs fan too remember). :D

23. beans

beans New Member

May 22, 2003
    The O.C., CA
    Wow, I was afraid I would be one of the only loyal futbol/Galaxy fans to think of NOT renewing next season. I may yet but at this point I just can't see it. In some ways, it isn't so much the horrible level of play I'm seeing right now because I know this can change from season to season, especially if Beckham is healthy all next season and somehow Landon manages to step up and do the job he's supposed to. (I actually had an encounter with him in a parking lot after the Mexico game where I told him I would never cuss him out again for that great PK. He said "Oh, yes you will!". Gee, he was right!)

My real objection is the attitude of the FO to the loyal fan base. I have a field seat, $3,000 per season. When this season started, it was great. You could stand in the tunnel and talk to the players and there weren't any hassles. Now it seems that security is so fixated on keeping us far away from the players that instead of being out on the field taking care of any hassles between fans (like at the Chivas game), they are more worried about yelling at the fans in the tunnel to "Get out! The Underground is now Closed!" "Get away from Landon!! We have tasers!" (ok, an exaggeration but you get the drift). Also, there just has not been the service from the front office that I would expect. I never hear from my ticket rep, Chris Zepeda, anymore. I have to go over his head to get any answers to my little questions about parking and things.

Things like this (and I could go on, believe me, but I won't) have just worn me down, not to mention the god-awful level of play on the field. I'm not rich, $3,000 is A LOT OF MONEY to me, but I love futbol, love the Galaxy and just love the whole soccer experience. Unfortunately, the experience has been going downhill fast this season and I just can't see ponying up this amount of money again.

This could of course change as the deadline nears for renewal. We'll see.

24. y-o-y

y-o-y New Member

Sep 22, 2006
    LBC
    If it were solely up to me: No. I would just buy tix to individual games next year.

Because I am married: yes.

25. Topper

Topper BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 19, 1999
    SoCal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I guess I'll have to call my ticket rep to find out.

One thing that would make me renew right now is if Alexi LA-lost was fired. That would offer a glimmer of hope.