Ball advice/review/bouncing/feeling thread [2]

Discussion in 'Apparel & Training Gear' started by Skizz, Sep 10, 2007.

1. mcnaulty21

mcnaulty21 Member

Feb 6, 2007
    Wisconsin
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Eh, as long as it's still round and not scratched, I'm alright with marks.

2. actusreus13

actusreus13 New Member

Jan 7, 2007
    San Diego, CA
    Tell it to people who use nail polish remover to remove every scuff mark from their gear:)
    To each his own, but I would not pay this much money for a ball that will look like s.h.i.t. after a few games.

3. Kenntak

Kenntak New Member

Jul 25, 2006
    Florida
    Personally, I think the performance and feel of the ball is more important that a few scuff marks. Every ball is going to get marked up. That being said, I only play outdoors, so indoor scuffs are not an issue for me.

4. Piciocco

Piciocco New Member

Jul 12, 2007
    i understand what you guys(girls? dont wanna offend anyone here) but if you spend so much time worrying about scuff marks your gonna be afraid to use them then whats the point of having it. i have 2 teamgiest balls, the F50 and the Red one. i got the F50 ball and didnt wanna use it on the street but eventually it happened anyway and it got scuff marks like you wouldn't believe but after a few games in the moring due they were gone so now i really dont care if they get scuffed becuase i know how easy they come off.

5. actusreus13

actusreus13 New Member

Jan 7, 2007
    San Diego, CA
    There was a discussion on the issue of scuff marks in one of the boot threads a while ago. The opinions vary from frantically removing every mark from cleats and balls to who gives a f-ck? Some people care not only how their gear performs but also how it looks; they feel if you spend hundreds of dollars you should care about the looks as well. Others point out you ultimately buy the stuff to kick it or kick with and it's simply nonsense to worry about unavoidable scuffing. I myself fall somewhere between those extremes. I don't attempt to remove scuff marks from every piece of my equipment, but I do keep it clean and like it to look good; I buy gear that I think looks sweet and I work way too hard not to care what I spend my money on. Because of that, I would not buy this ball for the reasons I described in my previous posts. As I said, to each his own, as always, but IMO there is nothing wrong with wanting your gear to look good as long as possible;)

6. Piciocco

Piciocco New Member

Jul 12, 2007
    i agree with you if you do spend alot of money on things you should take care of them i'm not saying that my balls look scuffed and dirty(please be mature about this) because they higher quality balls i tend to like to use them more and then they get dirty so for me to clean the balls every other day semms pointless to me. they get cleaned without effort.

7. kaback99

kaback99 New Member

Nov 5, 2007
    who knows anymore
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    i peed myself when i saw this, there has to be better wording than that :D

8. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Sorry ....

I can't be mature about that ....

BAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA!!!

appleCORR

9. Fuera del Juego

Fuera del Juego Member+

May 10, 2007
    Nevada
    Has anyone played with either either the Puma PUMA V1.06 or the Select Diamond Super Match ball?

I lost my Select Royale last week (I'm not entirely clear how), and am looking to replace it with one of the balls on sale at the moment.

10. Piciocco

Piciocco New Member

Jul 12, 2007
    i know what my friend does or at least what he used to do was whenever they played with a match ball he'd send it as far into the woods as possible then after the game go find it he's got a collection of world cup balls that you wouldn't believe

11. Shrapnac

Shrapnac Member

Feb 19, 2007
    New Jersey
    This is why I watch my balls(oh my) like a hawk. I personally supply the match balls for my team(T90 Aerows) and I make sure they're counted up after every match. Sure I bought them on eBay for a fraction of their actual cost but they're still $130 balls to everyone else.

12. Piciocco

Piciocco New Member

Jul 12, 2007
    lol i'm the same way with my teamgiests

13. Devil500

Devil500 New Member

Mar 7, 2006
    Section 101
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I played with the aerow 2 a while back, and wow the better quality balls do fly a lot nicer...We had a nice breeze on the field I play next to the beach sometimes and wow...My dad read something in some paper a while back where an old player metioned that with the balls we have today it's just amazing what we can do especially considering how heavy they were not that long ago..

14. Piciocco

Piciocco New Member

Jul 12, 2007
    i love the new balls today but my problem with my teamgiests is that they dont really have much grip anymore. at first i could snake the ball(or at least thats what we call it here) no problem but now its gotta be quicker because the ball slides more especially on my vapors. i love to train with like water logged balls or really heavy balls that way when i get on the pitch my clearences go farther.

15. actusreus13

actusreus13 New Member

Jan 7, 2007
    San Diego, CA
    I just got the African Cup ball which is basically the Teamgeist II and gotta say it's freaking unbelieveable! It flies so true and it comes off your foot like a rocket. The underglass technology makes it really resistant to any scratches or scuffs that would otherwise marr the design and colors. Also, the textured surface makes it less sticky than the original Teamgeist. Highly, highly recommended.

16. Piciocco

Piciocco New Member

Jul 12, 2007
    i wasn't too keen on that ball it just didn't seem nice but i guess on the bright side, it'll be hard to lose.

17. actusreus13

actusreus13 New Member

Jan 7, 2007
    San Diego, CA
    I hope you're referring to the looks and not the performance. You can argue the design is not your cup of tea, but the ball is beyond reproach when it comes to performance. As a side note, "nice" is a curious adjective to choose to describe a $130 ball that in the next several weeks will be both in the CL final and Euro 2008.

18. Piciocco

Piciocco New Member

Jul 12, 2007
    haha yeah i was referring to the colors, i was planning on getting the black and red one but i can't find it at my price yet but i'll keep looking. as far as the nice comment went i guess i was just being lazy and you have every right to call me out on that. i own 2 of the first gen teamgiests and i love them and if they're anything like the new ones i'm sure i won't be disappointed with them. but i'm not sure on how i feel about the dimples i didn't like them on the puma balls but i guess i'll just have to try it out for myself. i personally wanna try the new nike ball it looks weird but i wanna know how its touch is.

19. actusreus13

actusreus13 New Member

Jan 7, 2007
    San Diego, CA
    I initially was too unsure about the colors but after I saw the ball in the US vs. (was is South Africa?) game a few months ago, I decided it looked awesome in an actual game. Now that I've played with it, I can definitely say it looks great and, as you alluded to in your previous post, it is highly visible, which I also like.
    The dimples make it feel less sticky and they allow a greater control of the ball.

20. Piciocco

Piciocco New Member

Jul 12, 2007
    i to remember that game(dempsy snaked the ball and megged a defender just outside the 18) and i will say that the ball looked pretty good but i think thats also due to the vast colors of the various boot on the pitch. I'm not trying to attack the ball itself its all about preferences and that ball...colorwise(i won't make the same mistake again) doesn't meet mine. it you love it thats great but as long as your kicking something around i think thats all that matters.

21. TriaktivTLE00

TriaktivTLE00 Member

Nov 12, 2004
    Brooklyn, New York
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    It was against South Africa for the US Men's Nationals and the ball was the adidas Wawa Aba. The ball's colors are yellow/black/red/green, those colors symbolize the Ghanaian national flag and the official gameball of the MTN African Cup of Nations for this calendar year (2008).

22. akirika

akirika New Member

Apr 22, 2007
    Toronto
    my teamgeist's thermal bonding came off. now the internal rubber is bursting out between the panels, anyone else having this problem?

23. Skizz

Skizz Guest

How long have you had it, it sounds like the ball is faulty IMO.

24. Tru3 WarMachine

Tru3 WarMachine New Member

Apr 5, 2008
    Caraho Land
    I have a question for everyone and anyone.

My birthday is coming up soon,and I was thinking about asking for a Premier Soccer Ball for my birthday (the $130 soccer balls).

I was wondering which one is the best one available?

I had my eyes on the White/Red Aerow II but I don't know if that is a good ball.

I currently own 1 cheap ball,the White/Red Mercurial Vapor ball that you can buy at footlocker. I personally don't like this ball because its very hard but I have a hard kick because of it which is great.

25. quixoticelixir42

quixoticelixir42 New Member

Jun 24, 2007
    NY
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    both teamgeist and aerow are solid choices.
    you may be able to snag a deal on a teamgeist I, but if money's no issue, personally I prefer the aerow.