Stadium News and Speculation VIII | And Now, Anacostia (Mayor@dc.gov or adrian.fenty@dc.gov)

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by Shark, Sep 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JeremyEritrea

JeremyEritrea Member+

Jun 29, 2006
    Takoma Park, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wouldn't it be strange if a Wikipedia adminstrator actually discussed what is and what is not appropriate for external links from the Anacostia entry, including Anacostia Blogs?

2. Primate

Primate Member

Sep 17, 2002
    Club:
    DC United
    Re: Stadium News and Speculation VIII | Email Fenty at Mayor@dc.gov or adrian.fenty@dc.gov

Of course, I was remiss in not mentioning that as well. I just wanted to make sure it was known they were out there.

3. JG

JG Member+

Jun 27, 1999
    While I agree it is possible that Jones Lang Lasalle gave Jones Lang Lasalle employee David Garber a boat as payment for shilling for Jones Lang Lasalle via his purported Anacostia blog And Now, Anacostia, it is also possible that Jones Lang Lasalle is not happy that Jones Lang Lasalle employee David Garber is shilling for Jones Lang Lasalle's Poplar Point plans via his purported Anacostia blog And Now, Anacostia, as an astroturf blog such as the Anacostia blog And Now, Anacostia run by Jones Lang Lasalle employee David Garber may cause some embarrassment and in the long run hurt Jones Lang Lasalle's plans for Poplar Point. Therefore, I submit that Jones Lang Lasalle employee David Garber may be undercutting both Jones Lang Lasalle and David Garber's career at Jones Lang Lasalle by shilling for Jones Lang Lasalle's Poplar point plans on his purported Anacostia blog And Now, Anacostia. How ironic. And what a shame for Jones Lang Lasalle, David Garber, and Anacostia.

4. Riz

Riz Member+

Nov 18, 2004
    R-ville, Murrlin
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    This.is.beautiful.

5. Winoman

Winoman Drinkin' Wine Spo-De-O-De!

Jul 26, 2000
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Would you mind repeating that stuff about Jones Lang Lasalle's Poplar point plans on his purported Anacostia blog And Now, Anacostia? :)

6. scarshins

scarshins Member

Jun 13, 2000
    fcva
    I thought that was a flying car in the background.

Anacostia blog ?

7. seahawkdad

seahawkdad Spoon!!!

Jun 2, 2000
    Lincoln, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey, Riz, I think someone else mentioned this, but if you linked the 'And Now, Anacostia' in the Re:, wouldn't all of the past posts now show the link in the title, as well as those to come?

Or maybe it's not possible to link the 'And Now, Anacostia' in the Re:, since I just tried and it didn't work.

But maybe a mod could linked the 'And Now, Anacostia' in the Re: and it would work.

I'd certainly like to see a link in the 'And Now, Anacostia' in the Re:

Wouldn't you all like to see a link in the 'And Now, Anacostia' in the Re:

How about an in-thread survey regarding a link in the 'And Now, Anacostia' in the Re:

Or, in the alternative, what do you all think of the implications of a link in the 'And Now, Anacostia' in the Re:

Just sayin'...that we need a link in the 'And Now, Anacostia' in the Re:

That's all. Just a link in the 'And Now, Anacostia' in the Re:

8. Riz

Riz Member+

Nov 18, 2004
    R-ville, Murrlin
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    And Now, Anacostia

Dunno, let's see...

edit: No dice. :(

9. seahawkdad

seahawkdad Spoon!!!

Jun 2, 2000
    Lincoln, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  10. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Re: And Now, Anacostia

Whatever the joke was, it is long gone. Do any of you still find it funny?

11. JeremyEritrea

JeremyEritrea Member+

Jun 29, 2006
    Takoma Park, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

There was a joke? Do Anacostia bloggers know about it?

12. seahawkdad

seahawkdad Spoon!!!

Jun 2, 2000
    Lincoln, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Falc, it's not a joke:
    Comprenez vous?

We're just engaging in an interesting exercise...that's all.

13. JeremyEritrea

JeremyEritrea Member+

Jun 29, 2006
    Takoma Park, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wonder if David Garber, shill for Jones Lang LaSalle, and the "owner" of the purported Anacostia Blog And Now, Anacostia, knows that I don't mind sharing e-mail he sent to me:

I wonder if the suits at Jones Lang LaSalle are upset that they created this fake Anacostia Blog, And Now, Anacostia, and that they've pretty much gotten themselves into a PR nightmare by having one of their employees pretend to be a concerned citizen.

14. JeremyEritrea

JeremyEritrea Member+

Jun 29, 2006
    Takoma Park, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wonder why Jones Lang LaSalle shill, er I mean employee, David Garber deleted my comment from his fake Anacostia Blog, And Now, Anacostia.

All I wrote was (paraphrased):

Dear David,

Please stop sending me emails. If you have something to say to me, do it in public.

Thanks

15. Bootsy Collins

Bootsy Collins Player of the Year

Oct 18, 2004
    Capitol Hill
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, I'm wondering why someone here deleted the post I made in this thread last night without giving me any notice or explanation (in public or PM) why they did so. I have no idea what line it could possibly have crossed that caused it to merit summary deletion; but if it did, it did. But the lack of notice with explanation, even by PM, is a bit disappointing.

16. dsheehan

dsheehan New Member

Jul 21, 2003
    Culpeper, VA
  17. Riz

Riz Member+

Nov 18, 2004
    R-ville, Murrlin
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    That was me - my apologies for not sending a PM, but next time there is a sock, anywhere on this forum, just report it or shoot me a PM.

And now, back to your regularly scheduled reporting of developer spies in this thread. ;)

BTW, if this wasn't related to his work, why was posting and viewing the thread during work hours?

18. seahawkdad

seahawkdad Spoon!!!

Jun 2, 2000
    Lincoln, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is stadium news from a slightly different angle. Boswell, in today's Post, says his own goodbye to RFK: RFK is Full of Concrete Memories.

When I read this, "hey, we're still here" came to mind:
    Some of us will continue to be delighted to be able to still step inside it.

But what calmed me was that I know Boswell is a baseball guy...and the fact that he didn't ignore that there still will be another sport played there...
    and

And Boswell is a good writer...

Hopefully, when this current Poplar Point mess gets straightened out and we play our last game at RFK, Goff will be able to write his own farewell piece for us about the old gal that will stir our sweet/sad memories.

That will trigger one hell of a BigSoccer thread, won't it?

19. Bootsy Collins

Bootsy Collins Player of the Year

Oct 18, 2004
    Capitol Hill
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It took me a moment to realize you were talking about the other Boswell.

Grrrrrrrrrrr.

20. JeremyEritrea

JeremyEritrea Member+

Jun 29, 2006
    Takoma Park, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Bobby Boswell hates soccer. But he hates fake Anacostia Blogs more!

21. TMDSoccer

TMDSoccer New Member

Dec 25, 2005
    Severna Park, MD
    Ok, I really think it's time to get over the big conspiracy theory of JLL and this guy Garber's interest in Poplar Pt. I don't know this guy, but I know JLL very well, and it's not only possible, but entirely probably that their project management people have no clue what their leasing people, their construction people, or their finance people are doing. A company like JLL has 100's of offices worldwide, and depending on how they are nivolved may pull people in from around the country to help out on various projects. For example, they have a australian hotel consultant based in Chicago who worked with the city on the convention center site with someone from their New York office. I'm sure their finance people didn't know or care.

I'm probably going to get slammed for all of this, but the fact that there are people moving into the area who understand at least some of this seems to me to be a plus.

Also keep in mind that JLL is not a competing developer in all of this, they will probably work in some capacity for whoever wins the proposal - they almost certainly work for MacFarlane somewhere else anyway, either here in DC or in another city. It's time to move on from this.

22. JeremyEritrea

JeremyEritrea Member+

Jun 29, 2006
    Takoma Park, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You forgot to mention how this fits into the topic of fake Anacostia Blogs versus real Anacostia Blogs.

23. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    While our co-tenant will be leaving in a few days for new digs, we must give them credit for sprucing up the old place. I think the pitch has been in better shape, even with the infield, while the Nats have shared the grounds. No doubt that the amenities offered in the stadium were upgraded. So while we are looking forward to having the place back to ourselves only, the question is whether the landlord will continue to give quality service or let the place run down.

24. TMDSoccer

TMDSoccer New Member

Dec 25, 2005
    Severna Park, MD
    You're right, this guy clearly has something to gain personally if he can be seen as steering something the right way, and I don't think it's without conflict. But a lot of blogging is like that, and in my experience there is no one in Anacostia involved in the community without some type of agenda. And while I have no way of knowing who is posting what, I'm very confident that DCU staffers regularly post here and often promote different agendas.

And for full disclosure, I have an agenda - getting a stadium done as quickly as possible that's convenient to get to, is the top MLS stadium in terms of quality, and a showpiece for the community. I have personaly feelings regarding certain people in the ownership/front office, and I try to check those emotions at the door, but sometimes probably don't do that as well as I could. We all have some of those faults, I'm not suggesting I don't or Garber doesn't. I just think the odds of this guy as part of a greater conspiracy for a brokerage shop like JLL are low.

25. b1968k

b1968k New Member

Aug 4, 2002
    Logan Circle, DC
    I'm on board with your take on the conspiracy - JLL has been hired to help the Deputy Mayor sort through the proposals when they are submitted so I doubt they are directly involved with Poplar Point. He's new there, so it isn;t like he's playing a big part in anything right now.

My issue with his blog was that he pimped it relentlessly to other local sites and represented himself as an Anacostia resident before he actually moved there. He also conveniently forgets going to school in Michigan - again, trying to burnish his local credentials. Finally, he was not upfront about his background when discussing a whole range of development issues on his blog. He's owned up to the last part.

It doesn't mean he's wrong - or part of some sort of conspiracy. But, in the end, his misrepresentations designed to increase his credibility as a local and therefore get some traction in the Poplar Point debate have had the opposite effect.