Birmingham City FC 2007/2008

Discussion in 'Premier League' started by thebigman, Aug 8, 2007.

1. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    the OFFICIAL blues thread

i hope my fellow fans are ready to see a new look birmingham team take the prem by storm

:D

or maybe the bottom half at least

expecting good things from quedrue, kapo, muamba and o connor!

hopefully we can take 6 points off the villa too

:cool:

2. spoonman

spoonman Member

Sep 6, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I'm interested in De ridder, see if he can cut it in the Premier league.

3. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    yep, we have a set of very attacking wingers in mcsheffery and de ridder, if either gets injured we are pretty much screwed

im looking forward to kapo and o connor most myself, lets see how they fit in to the prem!

4. dbiesecker

dbiesecker Member

Jul 1, 2002
    CO
    If McSheffrey and Forssell can have the type of seasons we know they're capable of, then Birmingham should do quite all right. I do worry about the team taking time to settle, so I'd like to see the few 'old boys' still around make it happen. I'm holding out hope for a positive result tomorrow.

5. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    if forsell stays fit and sharp hes a danger, and o connor can provide up front!

i reckon 1-1 today

optimisically, 2-1 to us

lol

6. dbiesecker

dbiesecker Member

Jul 1, 2002
    CO
    Did the defense show up today? I watched on Setanta and have to say, I can't believe this was a Steve Bruce managed team out there. The defenders didn't have a clue all match long. Good to see the return on SOG, 2 goals on 4 shots is exactly what Birmingham need to be able to do. Problem is, they need to stop being so leaky at the back. Oh well, like I told a mate of mine on Friday, this is a free one for Brum. A chance for the team to find out what's working, what's not. Any points would've been huge. A 3-2 loss is acceptable, the defending was not.

7. GitongaSimba

GitongaSimba New Member

Aug 11, 2004
    New York City
    Club:
    Birmingham City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Yeah, but they almost beat Chelski. And the Force looked pretty sharp for a guy that was laid up for 3 seasons. I am a perpetual optimist, so predict Brum will languish safely and boringly in the Premiership in mid-table mediocrity for many years to come.

8. blue87francis

blue87francis New Member

Apr 20, 2006
    Birmingham
    To be honest i cant see that happening, this is my prediction wih my optimistic hat on, i fully expect us to stay up this season, we played well on Sunday, we were very slow at times but at least we tried to play the game the right way (on the floor).

Anyway, with the new investor supposedy looking to buy the club as early as September i can realy see a bright future for us. I mean why buy a Football club for around £50-60M and not invest. Carson Yeung has already stated his intension to get the club into Europe and expand the brand across the Far East. He supposedly has around the same amount of money as the Glazer Family so investment shouldn't be a problem.

These could be exciting times if every goes to plan, but we should know by now that this is Birmingham City we are talking about and nothing goes smoothly.

Gitonga Simba- Why do you support Blues? Are you an Ex Pat or did you just pick us for some strange reason?

9. dazal_

dazal_ New Member

Jul 10, 2007
    Melbourne
    Looked pretty shoddy down back against Chelsea but you guys had 3 new defenders who all started together. They just need abit of time. As someone else said the Chelski game was a freeby. A win was highly unlikely so get the team together and treat it as a development game so you can beat the teams you really need to beat to stay up.