Let Capello Stay Online Petition

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by SKWAGI, Jun 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SKWAGI

SKWAGI New Member

Apr 12, 2005
    To Ramon Calderon President of Real Madrid:

1- “Fans del Real Madrid” (www.fansdelmadrid.blogspot.com) wish to thank Mr Fabio Capello for turning around a team in decline and winning the 06/07 league title.
    2- We don’t agree with the media propaganda reporting that the team has performed poorly or has played unattractive football. It has embodied the two historic core values of the club; Passion and Teamwork.
    3- Stability is now the priority of the team and this won’t be achieved by changing coaches every season.
    4- We Real Madrid supporters, have the utmost confidence that Mr Fabio Capello is the ideal figure to bring long term stability and success to the team.

This petition has already been published in newspapers like La Gazzetta http://fotos.subefotos.com/6f80684f3b4af5db9a6beae8ba6f8526o.jpg
    and has attracted International support from all corners of the globe. If you are a concerned Real Madrid supporter please add your signature to the petition.

http://www.gopetition.com/online/12876.html

Please pass this message on to as many Real Madrid supporters as possible.

2. raven3k

raven3k Member+

May 31, 2007
    Madrista land
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    signed it, thanx for the link. I hope calderon notices it!! Maybe should post a video on youtube as well???

3. macaluca

macaluca Member+

Nov 24, 2005
    Park bench
    Sorry but you don't get my vote.

4. Legacy

Legacy New Member

Jul 6, 2006
    London
    You really think Calderon is going to decide Capello's future on these votes? :rolleyes:

5. Alma Merengue

Alma Merengue Member+

May 5, 2005
    Interesting. If this petition somehow influences Calderon, the next one will be a call for new elections or at a minimum a petition to get him to shut up.

Good luck.

6. btha

btha Member

Mar 27, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iceland
    Well i signed, but i have no hope that an online petition would do anything to remotely affect anyone in power.
    If they would even see it, which has about 1% chance of happening.

Maybe it's just me but i don't really see capello or calderon sitting in their office reading some forums posting some lulz. People in power (non computer related jobs) generally strike me as not the most computer savy people.

7. Madrid_1902

Madrid_1902 Member+

Jul 6, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    The reason why the petition is irrelevant is that the decision to let him go was made months ago. Remember there was talk that Capello was leaving after the Real Sociedad game but it was decided that Michel as a quick fix was not an ideal solution, so he would stay until the end of the year. I'd say the games that occured after this point was not suppossed to be a prove yourself situation for Capello....they were hoping he would resign to save 10 million euros.

I would liek him for another year but I'll eat a Barca shirt if it happens (that can't be good for the gut).

8. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    I agree. It's unfortunate that such decisions are taken during times of turmoil instead of when the dust has all settled at the end of the season. Such petitions have no influence on these types of decisions. I remember last year Milan fans started a similar petition to convince Sheva to stay, and they had plenty of signatures, but he, as everybody is aware, ended up in London.

9. 9Qui

9Qui Moderator
    Staff Member

May 26, 2004
    I don't know about that - they do come in naranja... ;)

10. macaluca

macaluca Member+

Nov 24, 2005
    Park bench
    yes but they are filled with crap. ;)

11. Madrid_1902

Madrid_1902 Member+

Jul 6, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid

Particuarly around the top left of the shirt.

12. Rogen

Rogen New Member

Jun 10, 2007
    Montreal
    the only thing can be done is appreciating what Fabio Capello has done to Real Madrid this season with his tremendous work, saving the worst Real Madrid team and made it finally win the league like Mission Impossible.

To this, this squad and Fabio Capello will never be forgotten.

Next season, is gonna be another joke, sorry. Shuster has no qualification before at a big club, and he's jumping into the toppest club of the world with a champion team which has just done amazing job. What Shuster needs is not only to win but also to win with a beautiful style, which means he has to be 200% better than Fabio Capello.

How would that be possible? 4 of 5 champion coaches failed before Fabio Capello, what does Shuster have?

13. ZZR923

ZZR923 New Member

Dec 4, 2005
    If you could amend the title of the petition to read: Let Capello Stay If He Is Going To Be Replaced By A Tubby German Barca Socio With No Credentials. - then I'd sign it.

14. Alma Merengue

Alma Merengue Member+

May 5, 2005
    I know of someone that had no big club experience and he took Real Madrid to: two league titles, two champions league titles, one intercontinental cup, a Spanish supercup and a European supercup.

15. Minduchio

Minduchio Member+

Jul 20, 2003
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    And still it wasn't enough.He got fired too.

16. dozzer32

dozzer32 New Member

Jun 18, 2007
    no matter how successful a club is there are still very few around the world that dont think a new coach will bring even more success. this is life in the game and capello could win the league 5 more times and the CL 5 times, but in the end the board will see another manager and they will beleive he can bring them 6 titles and 6 CL trophies.
    i think all managers know this and very very few last more than 2-3 seasons these days. In England some don't even last 20 games.

17. SKWAGI

SKWAGI New Member

Apr 12, 2005
    Over 7000 votes and counting

18. Revelian

Revelian Member

Jul 7, 2003
    Midgar
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I just wanted to state my support.

I want Capello to stay online. If he doesn't, how can he have access to BigSoccer, or his e-mail account?

Revelian

19. rob1nh0

rob1nh0 New Member

Jul 27, 2006
    That was pretty funny. :D
    But I just want to say that I'm not signing it. Capello didn't win La Liga, Barca lost it. True, we had a great run in the end, but luck was always on our side. And we won't get another year like this. Plus, these kind of petition are totally useless. Do you really think Calderon gives a s*** about your opinion ?

20. Michael Corleone

Michael Corleone New Member

Jun 27, 2007
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke

21. rob1nh0

rob1nh0 New Member

Jul 27, 2006
    So I'm the good man that's doing nothing (thanks for thinking I'm good, btw) ? You got me all wrong. I am doing something, I'm stating my opposition to Capello. And thinking in terms of Good and Evil when it's about a soccer team is stretching it quite a bit.
    If you want Good and Evil, don't use your car and start cycling, adopt a puppy from the pound or something like that. But don't tell me I'm letting Evil win by not supporting Capello.

22. Revelian

Revelian Member

Jul 7, 2003
    Midgar
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    You are correct sir. I agree.

Capello didn't mastermind winning in the last minute five times in a row. If he did, then surely he should receive the medical bills for all the cardiac patients who support Real Madrid.

Andy by the way, Calderon doesn't give toosh its about Capello's opinion, so how or why he would care about ours makes no sense.

Revelian

23. Achillean

Achillean Member

Apr 13, 2005
    ok im going to go apeshit if anyone else says that moronic statement of barca losing the league and us not winning it. we won 10 out of 12 games. even with luck a win is a win. we beat barca 2-0 at home and then we completely dominated them in the caca nou. if we had not won our games then yes barca wins the league but we won the ********ing league because we wanted it more than barca did. we won the ********ing league and barcelona could have not done anything in order to stop us.

moron.

24. rob1nh0

rob1nh0 New Member

Jul 27, 2006
    It's a great thing you signed your post.

25. rob1nh0

rob1nh0 New Member

Jul 27, 2006
    And i want to be clear on some things: Yes, we wanted it more than Barca. Yes, we dominated in direct matches.
    But if you have the first place with just a few matches left in La Liga and you have an easier schedule, but still you manage to come in second, it's your fault you lost the title. So I'm sticking to my opinion, Barca lost it. As for the name calling, it's really pathetic to do it when you're on a forum, safe and sound in your house, where you can sound like a tough guy which obviously you're not. Grow up !