Guille speaks

Discussion in 'Columbus Crew' started by EL MONO MARIO, Jun 12, 2007.

1. EL MONO MARIO

EL MONO MARIO Member

Apr 9, 2002
    Montevideo, Uruguay
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I know some have said they think he won't stick around, but he seems upbeat. He's a competetitor and if he feels fine in the Crew maybe he'll stay.
    But he wants to win BAD

COLUMBUS CREW FORWARD GUILLERMO BARROS SCHELOTTO

On adjusting to MLS:
    "I've been here for a month already I'm comfortable with the team and my teammates. I feel fine. I have adjusted to the team and I think they have adjusted to me. There's just one thing that we are missing. Hopefully we can get it done on Saturday because that's the only way we can start to think about the playoffs. We need to start winning games and the best way to do that is to start on Saturday in Boston."

On Radio la Red in Argentina he stated that he knew coming here would NOT be easy and he dosen't give up until he's dead and buried.

So positive things from Chapita.. Hopefully the Crew turn it around. Cause if the Crew can get into a groove with this guy. WATCH OUT.

2. Joedogsweetman

Aug 18, 2006
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Thats great to hear. Loved watching him play this year, hopefully we can get a win soon.

3. pettyfog

pettyfog Member

Jan 30, 2000
    Enon OH Exit 49
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Sure is great to read somethinng positive on here.... Stick with Us Guille, you are sorely needed.

4. Eggy

Eggy New Member

May 28, 1999
    CBUS
    This is what I wanted to hear. I hope he's right and the turning point is around the corner.

5. eboe

eboe Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    May 23, 2006
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    that satisfies me. not bitching about the teammates not being there on the end of his passes or people not passing to him, even though his emotions show that during the game. maybe they will listen to him, or else he will go the way of rozental, a great soccer mind lost in a sea of the unintelligent. (yes i know guille is better and in better shape, blah blah blah...)

6. kaiser kraut

kaiser kraut New Member

Jun 26, 2001
    Indianapolis
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What does Chapita mean? Translation please.

7. TheOtherBastard

TheOtherBastard New Member

Aug 14, 2000
    Akron, OH
    Class.

Reading that gives me a little hope for this team. As dangerous as that can be. :rolleyes:

8. DAFCrew

DAFCrew Member+

Feb 27, 2007
    Terre Haute, Indiana
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Agree with those above, and I needed to hear it. It seems to me that we as Crew fans have been crapped on or at least disappointed by so many "quality" players (i.e., Razov) that many of us were already expecting the worst here. I know I was beginning to.

9. Mississippi Mike

Mississippi Mike New Member

Jun 13, 2007
    Water Valley, MS
    Glad to hear this from Guille. I came up to Cols. this weekend and took in my first game at Crew Stadium. Guille is quality and a pleasure to watch. I hope he sticks around. Was thinking what a change from Boca and its fan base for him. Winning will do wonders but have doubts until we get a equally quality striker.

10. LegalBeagle

LegalBeagle Member

Jul 17, 2006
    Springboro, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Thumbs up to Guille!

11. C-bus

C-bus Member

Aug 2, 2006
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was just going to post a new thread asking if any Boca fans had read an interview to see what Guille thinks of his situation. This little snippet is like mana from Heaven. Ok, I will watch the game Saturday while wearing my Crew jersey and scarf.

12. Nonesuch

Nonesuch Member

May 16, 1999
    Old Gridania
    It's also a challenge to the rest of the team.

Some of his moves are like a Ferrari racing minivans, and the rest of the players need to learn to work with him to make sure that his talent really makes an impact in the other teams goal.

Class act.

13. CLG431

CLG431 Member

Oct 20, 2006
    Westerville, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am sure he is happy to be here and frustraded as well as many of us are at the results we have been getting.

The team in my opinion is better, yet the reults are not. We have players that were getting alot of PT last year gone or riding the bench behind better players this year. That is where alot of my frustration comes from. Moreno, Schelotto, and Herron are better than Rozental, Garey, and Kamara. However we can't get a W

14. MightyMouse

MightyMouse BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 19, 2003
    Island paradise east of the mainland
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This sounds post tense, does this mean you're not going back for any more games the rest of the season?

15. fidlerre

fidlerre Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 10, 2000
    Central Ohio
    He was very interesting to talk with post-game via the interpreter on Sunday. I've finally found my recorder cable (moving sucks) so I can finally post audio clips of the post-game press conferences (in the next few days) and interviews with players but the gem from the other night when talking to Guille:

When asked about how he liked the league he mentioned the nice fans, the support, great stadiums and overall good play. Someone (I am pretty sure it was Mitchell) said: "Even KC?" To which Guille broke in to a huge grin and said: "The stadium, nice, the rest, uhhh, well, not so..."

16. TimD

TimD Member

Aug 9, 1999
    Columbus, Ohio, U.S.
    Man is that good to read. Even if we haven't won since he has been here he has been a great addition.

I still say that if nothing else we at least have a team that wants to be here and wants to play. Guille's statement here, Herron kissing the badge after his goal, Duncan & Frankie, home town guy Danny O we've got guys who would probably sell their souls to get wins for us.

So we have that going for us and I'll support that attitude forever. If they want to play for me as a fan than I will support them as a player. We just need some goals and a couple of wins and this could spin completely around on itself.

They just need to translate it to some of the other guys who seem to be to above it all to get involved. And they need to convince some of the lesser gifted or younger players that it is better to make an aggressive mistake and try to be effective than to play it safe and assure yourself that you will not be effective.

17. redi44crew

redi44crew Member+

Mar 27, 2007
    Louisville, KY
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    This is awesome to hear, seeing as he leads the team in assists. I'm sure that as the attcking trio gel with more time, there should be some wins coming our way. So far this week, I've been dreading the FSC match of the week. Perhaps this could be the turning point. Cliche for sure, but the glass is still half full.

18. smithnwesson

smithnwesson New Member

Apr 8, 2007
    Columbus, OH
    .....and just when I'm running dry, and the glass is getting sticky, here comes GBS!!!

He just took my 12 oz. glass, smashed it on his forehead, and handed me Double Gulp of ice-cold Kool-Aid. Then he left the rest of the pitcher in the fridge.

I'm back on the sweet stuff!!! Crew win 3-1 in the FSC Game of the Week! Schellotto smashes home 2 goals and an assist!

19. Joedogsweetman

Aug 18, 2006
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Haha, yeah I noticed that as soon as I posted it. But no I plan on being there every game this season, I just ment I've loved watching him so far.

20. DAFCrew

DAFCrew Member+

Feb 27, 2007
    Terre Haute, Indiana
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Point made and point taken. But you really can't put Seb into the same category as Garey and Kamara. Rozental was past his prime, physically, when he got here, but he was like Schelotto in that he was often playing chess - as it were - while most of his teammates were merely playing checkers.

Surely I can't be the only one here who wishes that the two of them could have played together this season. Maybe Schelotto wouldn't feel so isolated and frustrated while the rest of the guys tried getting up to speed . . . or at least a fraction thereof.

21. crewnut34

crewnut34 Member

Jun 12, 2005
    Man thats some powerful koolaide. Better check if its laced..... :D

22. Coupe

Coupe Member+

Mar 3, 2007
    I really get tired of that argument. If Seb was that good (which he wasn't), he should have been able to fit in with the rest of his team. Sigi didn't think he was so good. He's gone.

23. DAFCrew

DAFCrew Member+

Feb 27, 2007
    Terre Haute, Indiana
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Not to drag it much further, since you're so weary and all, but Sigi thought highly enough of Seb to bring him here. The sad reality was that he didn't have enough stamina to totally justify keeping him here. I can understand the decision, but I can also clearly remember plenty of brilliant touches and creative passes - often to players who weren't in synch (not to be confused with that awesome band). Grabs seemed to get it more often than not, but not many of the others did.

Yeah, that's in the past. But the guy did have obvious skills. Tired or not. I'll try and never speak of it again.

24. purojogo

purojogo Member

Sep 23, 2001
    US/Peru home
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not completely on topic....but watching the Boca-Gremio COpa Libertadores finals pre-game show earlier...a nice big banner dedicated to Guille in Bombonera and the commentators took a break to mention this weekend's Columbus Crew game.......

25. CrewDust

CrewDust Member

May 6, 1999
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How Embarrassing :(