New L'OL kits?

Discussion in 'Olympique Lyonnais' started by DaeHaMinGuk, May 24, 2007.

1. DaeHaMinGuk

DaeHaMinGuk Member

Jun 11, 2003
    Tha dirty Souf Korea
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I was wondering if you guys have found anything on the internet for potential new kits for 07-08.

I scoured OLWeb.fr, and found this one. I'm not sure if this is considered legit or not, but I hope it is.

[​IMG]

2. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    [​IMG]

and i found this as an away model... but it's an admitted fake. there's a home model too, but it isn't the same as yours, and in fact is almost identical to this year's.

where did you see the 2007/8 kit on olweb? in the forums? in that case it's likely just an "artist's conception". in any case it's been announced that the jerseys won't change, which probably means they'll change only in small details.

the one change i would like on the home shirt is to have NOVOTEL in black or dark blue, and lose that blue box.

3. Catel

Catel Member

Dec 18, 2006
    Lyon, France
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    This is not bad... I hope it's the real one.

4. Inara

Inara Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 17, 2006
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Kits change every two years, right? If so, then the away kit is definitely due for a change. Maybe the Europe one as well, though I personally think the black kit is the best out of the three.

I had to look at the pic of the white kit twice to notice the difference from what it is this year. :rolleyes:

5. DaeHaMinGuk

DaeHaMinGuk Member

Jun 11, 2003
    Tha dirty Souf Korea
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Ya, the forums. I forgot to put that huge disclaimer.

I generally like Umbro kits, but they are expensive and hard to find here in the States.

6. DaeHaMinGuk

DaeHaMinGuk Member

Jun 11, 2003
    Tha dirty Souf Korea
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Just about all clubs get a new kit for away or home or both every year. National teams are once every 2 years, unless they switch brands (nike to adidas or whtaever)

7. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    kits generally change in little details every year like cars, just so people who really care about having the latest thing will rush out and spend money*. i think the general look holds on for as long as market surveys say it should. for example the "pearl grey" (really just looked unwashed) with red shorts CL kit only held on 1 year. but the black will be around for a while still becuz it rox.

as for the home kit, i think the stripes down the side will stay, and then in 2008/9 they will go either back to the middle, horizontal, or "scapulaire" (shoulder to shoulder V). these are the four traditional jerseys. and actually, if they could only clean off all the secondary sponsors, the white is a very classy look.

*if they only realized that real style is wearing the oldest kit possible. infogrames/edmilson, justin bridou/caveglia, sodexho/giuly... total respect!

8. Anti-footix

Anti-footix New Member

May 30, 2006
    Lyon
    it looks like a fake. we can see that the stripes under the sponsor have been hiden.

9. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    for further proof, the wrinkles on the picture show this is done from the official representation of this year's jersey:

[​IMG]
    I used to have a link to an amazing site with all the jerseys (schematic drawings) of ALL OL jerseys since the beginning, but it went south...
    this is pretty cool though, some guy's righteous personal collection:
    http://www.passion-ol.com/Communaut...ollection-f57/Ericnucleo-Collection-t3536.htm
    i would love to see an oldtime kit match (like in baseball) with the 94/95 jersey (13th in the first series) but not a steady diet of it. n°17 was guignol jr's first jersey, it's in a frame on his wall with maousse autographs, from sonny to källström.

hey! i refound the drawings i mentioned above, but reorganized:

http://membres.lycos.fr/fanfoot51/dessins maillots/Lyon/ol05.html

it's part of a more general overview of french kits:

http://membres.lycos.fr/fanfoot51/

you have to tip your hat to guys like this, even if you wonder if they have any time left over for RL...

10. Douai

Douai New Member

Jun 16, 2006
    États-Unis
    Thanks for the links.Some of those old OL kits were pretty ugly like the 1994-1995 one:
    [​IMG]

11. ilv2

ilv2 New Member

May 30, 2004
    L'abbaye de Leffe
    ha! that logo is atrociously large.

generally though, i agree with guignol, the more retro it is the better. Certain exceptions exist of course.

12. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    the worst part is that justin bridou is a local industrial salami manufacturer. first, sausage isn't the best imagemaker for a football team; second the product itself isn't very good, hardly worthy of a city that prides itself on gastronomy, with a particular specialty in charcuterie... but perhaps worst of all, the character justin bridou is the bidochon's bidochon, the moustachu nec plus ultra...
    [​IMG]

13. Douai

Douai New Member

Jun 16, 2006
    États-Unis
    Sounds like a total mismatch.

14. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    even today among OL fans here you just have to say the words "justin bridou" to crack everybody up. :D

15. Inara

Inara Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 17, 2006
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    It's nearly July, and not a hint anywhere about OL's next kits. Most other clubs have theirs out already. :(

16. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    a sign there's no significant change probably.

17. Inara

Inara Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 17, 2006
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    According to gossip, the new kits will be presented this Monday!

The home kit will feature very few changes, while the away kit will be gold, not red. The black CL kit will also be different.

18. DaeHaMinGuk

DaeHaMinGuk Member

Jun 11, 2003
    Tha dirty Souf Korea
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I wonder how the gold will look like.

19. Douai

Douai New Member

Jun 16, 2006
    États-Unis
    Is it true that Novotel is still the sponsor?

20. lefutur

lefutur Member+

Sep 2, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY US
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Maybe I'm superficial, but I have to admit that I've been reluctant to buy a kit because of those godawful logos.

21. Inara

Inara Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 17, 2006
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Here is a preview of the new kits:

[​IMG]

Yeah, I cried too. :(

22. DaeHaMinGuk

DaeHaMinGuk Member

Jun 11, 2003
    Tha dirty Souf Korea
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I quite like them. I want to buy the gold one.

23. lefutur

lefutur Member+

Sep 2, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY US
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    you think the photographer was like "now you look must look like a badass".

24. Inara

Inara Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 17, 2006
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Toulalan, Cris, and Reveillere look badass. Benzema looks kind of scared, and Squillaci looks psychotic.

One of the readers on my OL blog pointed out that there were “I want to give somebody passionate homosexual pleasures” looks coming from Kallstrom and Govou. It also doesn't help that they are the only two wearing gold kits.

Lyon are only a step away from looking like Nancy. Marseille, on the other hand, have classier kits that make me jealous. I was hoping to see the "eTicket Restaurant" sponsor disappear as well as the blue background (which has gotten bigger, btw) on the home kits.

25. DaeHaMinGuk

DaeHaMinGuk Member

Jun 11, 2003
    Tha dirty Souf Korea
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I wish there were collars on them.