Ty Harden: Pool Boy

Discussion in 'LA Galaxy' started by ashaman112, May 23, 2007.

1. ashaman112

ashaman112 New Member

Aug 30, 2004
    Moreno Valley, CA
    This guy needs a raise...

http://story.malaysiasun.com/index.php/ct/9/cid/89d96798a39564bd/id/250947/cs/1/

2. envisionz

envisionz Member

Apr 11, 2004
    So Cali
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Yy Harden: Pool Boy

becks can spare a few bucks..

3. Anteaters FC

Anteaters FC New Member

Mar 28, 2004
    Santa Monica
    Re: Yy Harden: Pool Boy

Could you fix the typo in the subject title?

Hey, if he's got a company, more power to him. Maybe he can get some desperate housewife action going on...

4. Topper

Topper BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 19, 1999
    SoCal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    TYpo fixed. :)

I say good job to his kid, at least he's not moping about his salary like some other peeps/fans around the league, and who knows, maybe Becks will let him clean the pool for 10K a month, which Becks could probably muster just by looking under the couch cushions.

And "Hi, I'm David Beckham's pool boy" ain't such a bad ice-breaker, either. :p

5. Stogey23

Stogey23 Member+

Dec 12, 1998
    San Diego, CA
    Topper, will you hire him?

6. jbgeach

jbgeach Member

Apr 5, 2005
    Chattanooga, TN
    IF Ty Harden keeps up his current quality he won't have to clean pools for much longer. Consider me in the catagory of people that feel this keeps our league financially viable while giving people like him a chance to play

7. WeR138

WeR138 New Member

Apr 15, 2007
    The Valley
    Holy crap, that's embarrassing. Does he do a good job?

8. ssanchez

ssanchez Member

Oct 15, 2000
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If Leweke (i think) is right and we are going to be a 100 mil club in a couple of years there should be no reason the lowest person on the pole should be making less than 35k a year.

9. Calexico77

Calexico77 Member

Sep 19, 2003
    Mid-City LA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Anyone here work in the Entertainment Industry?

I made a little over 18K my first two years out of college as a tape vault guy, a runner, a PA, all those kinds of things. My wife barely made 16K as a coordinator for an independant production company.

You slog through it. You clip coupons. Then, if you are any good, you make the big pay day.

I don't feel bad for these guys. If they think they're gonna pull down NFL-Rookie contracts they're out of their minds.

I know that the response to this is "b-b-but then they'll just go to Europe!". Perhaps, but that's only a small percentage. As better players show up here, Europe will be less attractive. Plus, I doubt that developmental salaries will stay this low for very long.

10. Spry

Spry Member

Apr 25, 2006
    Pasadena
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Come on man! This is 'Fast Times at Ridgemont High' all over again.

There's Vicky sunning on the chaise lounge. Ty cleverly enters through the back garden gate. Nevermind the Beckhams have a salt water pool and Ty doesn't have a broom attached to his pole.

You know the rest.

11. Mr.M

Mr.M New Member

Apr 12, 2007
    LA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    100% agree with you. I'm a teacher at an inner-city school and last year made under 39K BEFORE taxes (and I pay over a grand TO the Galaxy to check out their games). These guys get to live a dream as professional footballers.

I do think the pay will increase over the next few years and applaud Harden for his business acumen. Will he contract out to Galaxy Supporters? :)

12. Baysider

Baysider Member+

Jul 16, 2004
    Santa Monica
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    My pool has never been that clean! :) ;)

13. Sean...

Sean... Member

Jul 23, 2005
    Ireland
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's not really that embarrassing if he has a pool cleaning business anyway. I say good on him, he'll get a fair share of Tyrone Marshall's salary next season and will easily be making $30,000 minimum. And it's not like Becks will be that miserable when it comes to his pool-cleaning salary, although it sounds bad, he'll still make a lot of money from it.

14. Beakmon FC

Beakmon FC Member+

LA Galaxy
    United States
    Jan 10, 2002
    The OC
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    At least you got some money. How many people start out as unpaid interns?

15. WeR138

WeR138 New Member

Apr 15, 2007
    The Valley
    I hear ya about paying your dues, but when the red coats at the HDC make as much or more than the entertainment they are protecting that's just back-a$$wards. Maybe we'll see Tudela filling beer cups at Gold Cup games.

16. CSUFstewie

CSUFstewie Member

Feb 27, 2006
    Placentia, CA
    Amen ... I'm a student teacher and I get paid ZERO dollars to teach right now. :eek:

17. jbgeach

jbgeach Member

Apr 5, 2005
    Chattanooga, TN
    The difference is that the Red Coats will be making that their entire life, unless they are bettering themselves through education or entrepreneurship. Ty Hardin is bettering himself every game and this will pay off soon enough.

18. Crzyknot

Crzyknot Member

Sep 30, 2006
    Thats good on him. I know that pool boy doesnt sound that great but with in the next few year he will have money to invest and hire people to do it for him. now thats a pretty nice safetynet.

19. Galaxysgirl

Galaxysgirl New Member

Apr 15, 2005
    Norwalk, CA
    Wow, I gotta get a pool. :D

20. DogmaticFtbolFanatic

Apr 25, 2005
    Huntington Beach, CA
    I would gladly have given up my $25k/year computer job out of college for a $19k/year job playing soccer. Multiple roomates...small apartment....crappy car...cheap food. Wake up and go play soccer for your job....cool with that!

And...if I get better I will make more money? I like that. And I get to play soccer with the likes of David Beckham? Yup. And I get to play against a famous Angel? Count me in.

Nope...I don't feel sorry for them. As a matter of fact I look up to those young guys even more... because you know most of them are out there because they love the game. Cuz it sure can't be for the money.

21. christopher d

christopher d New Member

Jun 11, 2002
    Weehawken, NJ
    *whew*

I was just happy to open this thread and not see a pictorial ala NYT before the '02 cup!