INDOOR THREAD- All pictures & info to go here please!

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by Skizz, Apr 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Skizz

Skizz Guest

By popular demand, a thread dedicated to all indoor and astro releases. Also questions about what regular boots/cleats would be good to use on astro (maybe not indoors lol). If it is as popular as I am told it will be, it will be stickied. So..here you go!

2. ralfonso

ralfonso New Member

Dec 5, 2005
    Re: Indoor/Astroturf Boot Thread

Which size would you get in the Copa turf boots if your normal size was 10.5US?

I have 10s in outdoor Copas and they're a bit large. I tried on 9 and the length was perfect but I'm afraid they won't stretch enough for my wide feet. I'm afraid I'll blow the side out like every other pair of shoes. ..they didn't have a 9.5 to try.. :/

3. ChewieGK1

ChewieGK1 New Member

Feb 7, 2005

I would go down a half size. I normally wear a 9.5 in copas, and a 9 in the Mundial turf fits well. Another option is the Kelme Trueno Classic turf. It has a wider last, and fits more true to size. Cheers.

4. Footfield119

Footfield119 Member

Jan 18, 2006

Good thread idea, skizz.

How well do astroturf boots work for hardwood floors?

5. Devil500

Devil500 New Member

Mar 7, 2006
    Section 101
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Samba's :D

6. kaitster

kaitster New Member

Nov 2, 2006
    North Carolina
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands

I've a pair of sambas on their way I copped off ebay for $20 (including ship woot).. but I actually have a pair of indoor bracaras that are comfortable (I just wore them for the first time in a while today), and I like them.. and at least on gym floors, they seem to have good traction... or mine are just godly.

7. Footfield119

Footfield119 Member

Jan 18, 2006

I usually use F30 IN for indoor and a3 F50s for turf.

8. Devil500

Devil500 New Member

Mar 7, 2006
    Section 101
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Sambas are amazing I had a old pair that were amazing scored my first indoor goal long time ago in those :D Don't like indoor for the pace is to slow and its really tight I like to use my pace.

9. Dr. Boots

Dr. Boots Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC

Ok I have the Copa in a super snug 9.5 the Mundial turf in super snug 9.5 and the Copa Indoor in a 9. Heel to toe they are all pretty much the same length(as close as possible really, I am anal about that) even though the sizes are different on the label.

All the boots stretch but I find the Indoor flats to be the widest out of the box and the turf and cleat tend to both fit really similar and more narrow but they will shape after a wearing to two. As for the Indoors breaking in, mine were perfect after about 20 mins of training.

IMO the Copa's are the best indoor shoe on the market and really can't be beat, they last forever, the touch is very nice and you get a nice clean strike in them. The only downside is they are very flat and can cause cramps in your arch if your not used to wearing them.

10. Mud Dog

Mud Dog New Member

Feb 1, 2007
    Corvallis

I have a pair of samba milleniums that I like. They're a hair wide and kinda heavy but confortable for the most part. I like their sole pattern much better for playing on the field turf at my facility. I have some v3.06 TT's on the way (orginally ordered the wrong size so had to send them back) that I think will be great too.

11. Martininho

Martininho Member+

Feb 13, 2007
    Chicago
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Sambas...accept no substitute ;) .

Seriously a great all-around indoor shoe, but best on a clean gym (hardwood) floor. If the floor's dusty, they can lose grip.

12. bojinho

bojinho New Member

May 17, 2007

does anyone have mercurial 365's or know where to get them? I reeeeallly want a pair of those

13. Devil500

Devil500 New Member

Mar 7, 2006
    Section 101
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Heard they were not that good.

14. aqelroa

aqelroa New Member

Oct 15, 2005
    Michigan

Most of the people I know who have them just use them for leisure wear. :-/

15. bojinho

bojinho New Member

May 17, 2007

I heard they werent that good as a match boot, I more wanted them to serve as a more comfortable and good loocking kick around boot that I could wear everyday. I heard they were kind of comfortable, contrary to regular vapors

16. Joga3

Joga3 New Member

Feb 28, 2007

I actually have a pair of the 365 mercurials but the vapor II version i bought them off soccershopusa.com i believe and i use them for leisure mainly but once in awhile i use them as indoors because of their great fit

hope that helps

Joga3:)

17. Alex02

Alex02 New Member

Jun 2, 2007
    Denton, TX

The mundial teams are great for hardwood floors imo. I get more grip versus using a flat shoe.

18. wedward

wedward New Member

May 29, 2007

I have Mundial Team and `F50 Shale/Slime A3

19. ReddestDevil

ReddestDevil New Member

Jun 4, 2007

What is a decent pair of turf shoes to start out with? I like the Nike Talaria 365's, but what else is there for a decent starter shoe? I like the look of the Absolado's as well....Some advice?

I'm hopefully going to make a trip to a local sport's shop later this week, to try some indoor shoes on.

20. CDRW

CDRW New Member

Sep 1, 2005
    Vancouver

Adidas Mundial Team Turf, is a fantastic shoe. It's an old school shoe but once I played in them I think they are the best shoes I have.

21. terrylee79

terrylee79 Member

Oct 26, 2004

Can anyone recommend a indoor or turf shoes that can support my feet? I have some sort of a high arch on my feet so flat shoes is out of the question. I would prefer k leather.

22. BlackKratos

BlackKratos New Member

Aug 28, 2007
    Moscow right now.

They work. You don't really slip and slide, but depending on the sole it just feels weird, sometimes. Nothing that'd kill you really. A lot of people use them oever here,so I guess its alright.

23. SoyOllin

SoyOllin Member+

Aug 14, 2006
    D TOWN
    Club:
    CF Atlas Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

I cannot quote this enough. The Copa Mundial set of shoes are probably the best set for everything. I have some Copa Indoor's and man they are the BEST indoor shoe I have ever used. The rubber is so grippy and you'll find yourself slipping in any surface.

Hands down the best indoor shoe that Adidas makes and possibly the best out there in my opinion.

24. zk14

zk14 New Member

Nov 28, 2007
    Ontario,Canada

I use Tiempo Natural IC and they are brilliant. My coach demands A LOT of technical skills and we do a lot of technical drills (he's from Brazil), and these shoes make it much easier. Last year I wore crappy F20's.. WORST INDOOR BOOT EVER!

25. jimkkc

jimkkc New Member

Sep 28, 2007
    KC MO

I have looked at the Copa Mundial boots - how do they compare to the Diadora Maximus or Maracana?