The Lamar Hunt Open Cup '07 [R]

Discussion in 'Real Salt Lake' started by fuegote, Apr 14, 2007.

1. RealSandy

RealSandy Member

Aug 15, 2006
    Sandy
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Pretty awesome but since it was during open cup play it won't be mls d play of there, can it?

2. Arelius

Arelius Member

Mar 23, 2004
    Can we replace this sticky with Chivas?

....Mods asleep at the wheel...

3. Ismitje

Ismitje Super Moderator

Dec 30, 2000
    The Palouse
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not sure they're asleep at the wheel - the thread was created as a catch-all for Open Cup discussion as opposed to the game alone, so maybe it stays as long as we're active in the tournament.

Plus, the whole sticky-thing is really just an excuse to drive montgjules batty - she loves stickied threads, and Chivas would make six! :)

4. Arelius

Arelius Member

Mar 23, 2004
    I'm gunning for 10 stickies!...

5. Lizzie Bee

Lizzie Bee Member+

Jul 27, 2004
    Utah
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes, this is an actual fact. I was just talking about this with one of the mods yesterday! He confirmed that he actually only stickies things if he knows it will drive me around the bend. :D

6. BalanceUT

BalanceUT RSL and THFC!

Oct 8, 2006
    Appalachia
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    FYI, I see on the cRapids site that they will host the next round of the Open Cup on May 23rd.

7. Ismitje

Ismitje Super Moderator

Dec 30, 2000
    The Palouse
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Since what we won against the Wizards was technically a qualifying game )as is the game against the Rapids later this month), can we yet say that RSL has a win in the Open Cup?

8. nsps

nsps Member

Jul 26, 2006
    Salt Lake City
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Technically I don't know if you can call it a win in the tournament, but it's a win from the qualifiers or something...

If we beat the Crapids, will we host any games?

Also, does any one see us getting two wins in a row so close together at the Dick?

9. Lizzie Bee

Lizzie Bee Member+

Jul 27, 2004
    Utah
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  10. Ismitje

Ismitje Super Moderator

Dec 30, 2000
    The Palouse
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wish the NYRB-Galaxy game was on television tonight (Tuesday) - it has been fun to follow on dueling blogs, one by Ives Galarcep. Sounds like a doozy - Galaxy backup GK Steve Cronin had ten saves in regulation, including a PK, and LA leads in OT 1-0 on a Donovan PK.

EDIT: now 2-1 LA in the second AET period, including JP Angel's first goal for NYRB. Ten minutes remain. I wish I was watching.