All purpose shirt printing thread

Discussion in 'Apparel & Training Gear' started by Case, Feb 21, 2007.

1. JDFarrugia

JDFarrugia New Member

May 19, 2007
    Gharghur, Malta
    Re: New Premier League Numbers and Lettering

It does have a black border...it just doesnt show that much. But Im one of the people who think that itll grow on us like the older font

2. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England

Well in that case the black border needs to be bolder!!

I agree with you, i think it will grow on people. As ive said before its just because we have all been so used to seeing the old font for so long. Once everyone has the same numbering/lettering in the league it will look better.

appleCORR

3. oconnor16

oconnor16 New Member

Mar 2, 2007
    Canada

Wait, which one are you? JD or Farrugia? You've got both in your screen name. BTW, cool pic.

4. JDFarrugia

JDFarrugia New Member

May 19, 2007
    Gharghur, Malta

cheers. Im J.D...Farrugia is my surname but it was my brother (same surname naturally) who decided to get his surname at the back of his shirt while i preferred to get my name.

5. Skizz

Skizz Guest

Seems a bit empty considering it was Arsenal v Chelsea

6. Tulga

Tulga New Member

May 25, 2007
    Re: Shirt Printing

Can anyone help me? I've jsut bought Chelsea new Jersey but it hasn't Name and Number?! I need numbering it?! but in my country doesn't support that DHL or something service so i couldn't send it to shop. Can anyone help me for find right FONT style of UEFA adidas font?! Because if find the font i can print it in here?! so please help me?!

7. Skizz

Skizz Guest

1) There was no need to resurrect this thread.

2) If you don't have an appropriate courier service in your country you are not going to be able to order anything. Online shops send their good via recorded delivery to check that things get there on time and I doubt very much that they will make an exception for you.

3) If you had bothered to read the thread properly rather than taking the lazy way out and posting a request, you would have answered your own question. http://www.geocities.com/homeofbadges sells all the shirt printing even if it is not on the site so email them. If that isn't a help check out eBay, or even get into contact with Subside Sports. I have dealt with them in the past and they will send the lettering out to you for use with a pressure iron. However as I said if you don't have a courier company in your country this is redundant as nobody will send to you.

4) Do not post your email address on this forum, I have edited it from your post.

8. johnny8923

johnny8923 New Member

May 29, 2007
    Portsmouth
    Re: Shirt Printing and the New Premier League font

Hello all, my first posting

I've just found a shop on ebay that's not in the far east so no fakes. It sells all current player size printing per letter so you can order what name you want.

I ordered an OWEN 10 for my new Newcastle United shirt and it came yesterday. It does look good and I really like the new font.

I don't think they keep everything in stock but they have told me they order regularly and can get almost anything in. I'm looking at an adidas print for a germany shirt. Not a german fan, just like the shirt.

ANyway link to the shop is stores.ebay.co.uk/wiggy-sports-uk

Have a look.

9. Skizz

Skizz Guest

Hmmm, according to that site the new Premier League sleeve patches were meant to be released on the 15th May.

And there's only 5 items...

10. Skizz

Skizz Guest

Here's some more pics of the new lettering and numbers:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. Skizz

Skizz Guest

[​IMG]

12. Skizz

Skizz Guest

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And numbers 1 through 9

[​IMG]

Just to make you aware, the player size lettering is 53mm tall, and the numbers are 258mm. Anything smaller is replica size.

13. danhbk

danhbk New Member

May 29, 2007
    Manchester

To be fair, I work at JJB and Im trained to print replica shirts. I put care in with each shirt, double checking the requested name. I am fully aware of how each shirt should be printed and with what colour letters eg) arsenal being straight and others being curved. We use a template to get the right curve and to space the letters correctly. Im a big United fan and I buy lots of shirts and know how theyre supposed to look. I always treat the shirts im printing as if theyre my own. We dont just throw the letters on because if the customers arent happy we lose money, Everyone trained to do printing is fully aware of how its done and if its done wrong you are taking off printing.

On the subject of printing high on the shirts over the seam, that is how Dave Whelan has told us to do it in a memo, so we have to follow orders. Especially because so many customers were complaining it was printed too low.

14. Skizz

Skizz Guest

Here's a demo using the old letters and numbers:

[​IMG]

Here we see a combination of player size and replica size letters and numbers. The CHAMPIONS sleeve patch and the numbers are PLAYER size as they feature the LEXTRA hallmarked plastic on them. The plastic letters and patches do not. Obviously the replica items say REPLICA on them as well...

[​IMG]

Here is a LEXTRA number (PS) and a plastic number (RS). Again you see the hallmarked plastic on the PS number, and also you note that the RS number is of a shinier material than the felt PS number.

[​IMG]

Close up of a Lextra PS number.

15. Skizz

Skizz Guest

[​IMG]

Again you see how Player Spec letters "hang off" the shirt rather than moulding to them like the plastic Replica spec ones.

[​IMG]

A finished Lextra player spec number. You should be able to touch it - it will have a felt texture.

[​IMG]

Another PS number (Lextra).

And remember no matter what people in shops tell you, PLAYER SIZE NUMBERS ARE ALWAYS LEXTRA, BUT REMEMBER THAT SOME REPLICA SIZE NUMBERS IN CERTAIN SHOPS (AND ESPECIALLY CLUB SHOPS) ARE LEXTRA AS WELL!!

16. Skizz

Skizz Guest

To be honest mate, I'm not surprised she tarred most people in JJB with the same brush. I'm sure that a percentage of people do make an effort with the shirts, and a very high percentage of people are happy with the result, but I was fobbed off with England gold numbers and Premier League gold numbers on a redcurrant Arsenal shirt in JJB. Another worker in the same shop once had an argument with me when I said that Arsenal had black letters and white numbers on their Champions shirt a few years back.

For most people it's down to personal preference but I've had problems in all the JJB's I've had shirts printed in. On Oxford Street Plaza (before it closed down :rolleyes:) they managed to do the number first, then the letters, resulting in a big fat red line across the number and a crispy number from the bottom up as it had been heated for too long. Another shirt I had they put black letters on a blue shirt. WTF? It wasn't exactly as if they didn't KNOW that Arsenal have white letters - as you said, they have instructions!

I'm not bashing everyone in JJB as I said but they have always caused me problems.

17. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England

I didn't mean any offence. Its just my 2 friends who worked in JJB were not in the slightest bit sporty. And ive just had bad experiences with shirt printing. I'm sure there are great staff in JJB just sadly none of them seem to work in the one by me!

appleCORR

18. Case

Case Member

May 5, 2004
    Cambridge, England

Or me!
    In truth I did know a girl that used to work in JJB, until she left to become a "dancer"...

actually I may not have liked her sooo muich becoz of her customer service of sports retail skills :D

Yea, sure there alot of fine employees at the stores across the country, but as with any chain, many poor ones also. I think alot of people have a gripe that a company has such a big deal (official england kit retailer, + the prem printing) and executes it sooo poorly with their ridiculous policies and ill-conceived attempts to artificially inflate costs. This would be tolerated if at least the services we paid for were exemplarary, but as you can read on here several people have gripes after having dealt with the compant so it's no wonder gross generalisations are made.

19. Tulga

Tulga New Member

May 25, 2007

So can somebody help me for this? these are all EPL! i needed Champion leagues FONT style! Help guyz

20. Skizz

Skizz Guest

CAN YOU NOT READ? Posts 107 and 108 were from the two people who answered your question. Use your eyes.

21. Skizz

Skizz Guest

Just to update you, I've spoken to Subside Sports and they say they are expecting the new sleeve patches in August. I doubt they've even come up with a final design yet!

22. johnny8923

johnny8923 New Member

May 29, 2007
    Portsmouth
    Euro 2008 sleeve patch?

Does anyone have any pics of the Euro 2008 sleeve patch worn in qualifying games? Someone told me there was 2. Anyone know where to buy one?

23. Skizz

Skizz Guest

Re: Euro 2008 sleeve patch?

[​IMG]

It is worn on the right sleeve, the same as the Champions' League patch. They are not on general sale so try eBay, make sure it is a proper one not a fake plastic one.

24. johnny8923

johnny8923 New Member

May 29, 2007
    Portsmouth
    Big Skizz, that looks like a lextra one, where did you get that one? I've tried ebay and they all seem to sell fakes.

25. Skizz

Skizz Guest

That is the Lextra one indeed. You can find them on eBay if you look for the right sellers, alternatively there is a website you can check out - I will see if I can find it again for you.