DC United 2006 Goals video

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by Talion, Feb 20, 2007.

1. Talion

Talion New Member

May 24, 2004
    VA
    It's that time of year again. The new season is almost upon us. It's earlier this year due to international play, but despite the lack of preparation time DC fans around here are worrying in mid-season form. We've all got a disease, and if you ask me, the only cure is more DC goal videos.

So without further...ahem, anyway, I'd like to present DC United's 2006 goals. It's 49 moments of regular season brilliance, plus two bonus playoff goals served up by C. Gomez. If someone would like to set up a torrent for me so people can download the higher-res original file (178MB) send me a PM.

My apologies to Clyde Simms, Chris Albright, and Facundo Erpen, who scored the three goals missing from this compilation. Also missing: highlights from friendlies, the Open Cup, not to mention brilliant DC saves (sorry Troy, didn't have time, but hey, you did sneak one in by making a save just before a goal) or other types of highlights. Finally, all footage of anything even remotely bad happening to DC was somehow lost. In fact, after watching this thing ten times while editing it, I've become convinced there were no bad moments last year.

Need more? There's always my 2005 Season Review (so called since unlike this year's version it actually has some memorable non-goal moments). Unfortunately I didn't do a team video in 2004 but I did make Eskandarian and Moreno goal videos.

2. WFU03

WFU03 Member

Sep 8, 2004
    Singapore
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i forgot:

A. Just how good Gomez is
    B. How well we played when Esky played well
    C. How well we played when Carroll gets involved offensively

3. The Big VA

The Big VA Member

Nov 1, 2006
    Richmond, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The one thing this video shows which others I have seen have not, is how well B. Carroll played offensively early in the season. Great job on this video! I still watch the 2005 video on a regular basis. I can't get enough of it for some reason.

4. Bootsy Collins

Bootsy Collins Player of the Year

Oct 18, 2004
    Capitol Hill
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Carroll and Olsen both.

Ditto. Every year you do this, and every year it's great.

5. BigKahuna

BigKahuna Member

Nov 30, 2004
    GA Boy in DC
    Great video....it struck me how few goals we had off of long crosses

6. elconejito

elconejito Member

Dec 24, 2002
    Where Homer Lives
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What games were you missing? I've got quite a few recorded including the friendlies

7. Stadium-Armory

Sep 6, 2006
    H Street NE
    Club:
    DC United
    Awesome. Totally awesome.

8. Winoman

Winoman Drinkin' Wine Spo-De-O-De!

Jul 26, 2000
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What happened to the video? I tried the link, but I get an apology from Google, instead. (BTW, the 2005 video is there.)

9. LN - Dougg

LN - Dougg Member

Aug 26, 2004
    Dale City, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Same here. :(

10. Talion

Talion New Member

May 24, 2004
    VA
    They pulled it. Google Video is touchy about some sort of legal arcana no one cares about any more called "property rights". They apply their standards pretty unevenly, though, so I've gotten some stuff to "stick" in the past like the 2005 video by uploading it several times. I'm trying again with this one and I'll post a URL when/if that happens.

The infamous Youtube doesn't really care about content ownership if no one complains, or at least they didn't (haven't used them since they got bought by Google), but they limit videos to 10 minutes and 100MB.

Obviously it's time to fight the power and use this newfangled bittorrent stuff the kids like so much. I'm working on it and hopefully a post in this thread is forthcoming.

Me too. But it turns out I was missing the Chicago game where Simms scored our only goal. That's my own fault, I didn't realize I was missing it until I'd already done the music timing. That was a weird game...if memory serves mlsnet streamed the RFK jumbotron feed...but scaryice has the goal in one of his compilations so I don't really have any excuse other than I figured that out too late in the process to fix it easily. The other two regular season goals are from some game where we played LA at RFK. I'm pretty sure this was never televised and no footage is available. I wish my memory of that game was unavailable too.

I have the goals from the various friendlies, I was the one who did the Youtube highlights for the Celtic game for example. But I wanted to keep the length down and concentrate just on MLS goals, goals where nothing is on the line aren't as interesting, the 2005 review didn't have friendly goals since I didn't have them that year so I kept with the tradition...I don't know, none of these reasons sound very convincing now but that was the thinking.

11. BigKris

BigKris Member

Jan 17, 2005
    Falls Church, VA
    Yes, please. If I knew how to start one I'd start it for you, but I'll definitely pile on once you have it running.

12. Deltasix

Deltasix New Member

Feb 26, 2006
    Silver Spring
    You could either

1- Apply for a "director" thing on Youtube, I did, bascially lied on the entire thing and they granted it
    2- Try uploading to "Daily Motion"

13. JLZ286

JLZ286 Member

Nov 6, 2004
    Ann Arbor
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You could also make the video private on youtube. Thats the new thing that people are doing to keep their videos from being deleted.

14. thespian89

thespian89 Member

Aug 22, 2006
    LA at RFK was available. Online? I don't believe. It was on Over-the-air tv here in LA. The game was also on HDNet. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBJ28UNJNyM Only has LA goals. Someone out there might have video of this game.

15. spidergoose

spidergoose Member

Nov 2, 2004
    Annapolis
    Club:
    DC United
    That game never happened, you're crazy. That youtube video is photoshopped.

16. thespian89

thespian89 Member

Aug 22, 2006
    Ah, nothing like beating DC in August at RFK.:D Anyway, I'll take my trolling myself away from here, having read the Champions' Cup.

P.S: Despite my love (;)) for you guys, good luck tomorrow.:p

17. scaryice

scaryice Member

Jan 25, 2001
    The 5-2 game? I have highlights from that one, somebody sent them to me from the Fox Soccer channel report.

18. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Videos not working for me....

19. seahawkdad

seahawkdad Spoon!!!

Jun 2, 2000
    Lincoln, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ...nor for anyone.

Today's WSJ had a front page article about how Google, which bought YouTube, has been getting hammered by the TV networks about posts of their copyrighted materials. The result is pulled videos.

And there's no link, since their on-line is subscription only.

20. Bootsy Collins

Oct 18, 2004
    Capitol Hill
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Try distributing it via Bittorrent. Folks in the current torrent thread over in USA Men may be able to help.

21. the_phlip

the_phlip New Member

Jan 24, 2007
    NoVA
    Nooo...!!!

I missed it!!

Such is life!

-rw

22. Talion

Talion New Member

May 24, 2004
    VA
    I've never created a torrent before, but assuming I did all this right, you should be able to go to Hunt Park Torrents, grab the torrent file from there, and then start downloading the video with your favorite Bittorrent client. Fingers crossed.

23. nobletea

nobletea Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 29, 2004
    HarCo
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    EH? What'd you say, sonny?

Something about torrential bits? Bits of what? Data, like, 8 bits to a byte? Does it work with Napster? What happened to Napster anyway? Can't you just get it to me the old fashioned way, like, mailing me a dvdr or something?

I feel so old... I'll take a nap until game time.

;)

24. Bootsy Collins

Oct 18, 2004
    Capitol Hill
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Since I was able to get it the other morning before it was taken down, I was going to immediately start seeding -- but it looks like you've converted it to a .wmv (it was an .avi before), so I can't share the copy I have. But I'll help out anyway.

25. Talion

Talion New Member

May 24, 2004
    VA
    Actually you have it backwards. Google Video converted my .wmv to .avi...I suspect the wmv is better quality, although it is possible they are the same.

BTW several people are downloading now so I feel pretty sure everything's working. For the technophobic, if you can read BigSoccer you can use bittorrent. It's extremely easy to use, just download a client like Azureus, download the torrent file, and open it. The client will take care of the rest.

If a mod would be so kind as to update the thread subject with something like "fixed" "new link" or "updated" and put the HPI link in the top post, that might help get the word out too.