Wear your colors day - March 3rd

Discussion in 'New England Revolution' started by Brian621, Feb 3, 2007.

1. Brian621

Brian621 Member

Oct 20, 2006
    East Providence
    Because I'm a mass producer of random thoughts, I figured I'd run this one by all of you.

A "Sport your Revs Colors" day. March 3rd. Why March 3? It's a Saturday, and usually (for me at least) Saturdays are errand days. The date is arbitrary - I picked it because it's a month from today.

The premise - we all wear Revs jerseys, hats, hoodies or anything else Revs-related around our respective towns, cities, neighborhoods, etc. Encourage as many people as you can to do this. Two cool things that I think would come out of this:

1. The responses. I've worn my Revs Dempsey jersey while shopping and going out with friends few times over the past year or so, and I've gotten a few questions about it. Questions are good. Without sounding like a Jimmy Swaggart-type, I think it would be a good way to "spread the word."

2. Running into others also wearing Revs stuff. I live in RI, and I know there are few people on the board that also hail from Little Rhody and southeastern MA, and I think it would be just cool to run into other fans that I've never met and say hello.

I think it would be an all-around interesting experiment.

What do you guys think?

2. patfan1

patfan1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 19, 1999
    Nashua, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm in. I wear my Revs gear as much as I can anyway (Revs scarf at the Bayern Munich match this past week, wore my Revs jersey all day today flying from Lyon to Frankfurt and home). And I did get some questions about the Revs that I was happy to answer! :)

3. RevsGirl87

RevsGirl87 New Member

Oct 24, 2006
    Somerville
    Got my vote. Not sure how many people from Lynn will know the Revs, but hey, never know! I will go to the malls or something. :p

4. ngower

ngower foolish grin

May 24, 2006
    Nashua, NH
    If I go out I'll wear something, but I'll most likely either be:

A. Hungover

B. At home sleeping

5. Rev's Irish Rose

Rev's Irish Rose New Member

Feb 13, 2004
    Somerville, MA.
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    I will also join in. Almost always wear one of my pieces of Revs gear when I go out anyway.I own T shirts, one Rev jacket, a couple of sweatshirts, and my MOST PRECIOUS POSESSION-- CLINT DEMPSEY'S OWN GAME WORN JERSEY:D-given to me by him off his back after a home game near the end of last season.

6. a517dogg

a517dogg Member+

Oct 30, 2005
    Rochester, NY
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    I wear my Revs jersey around DC frequently anyway. Occasionally I get some funny looks, but mostly nobody makes any comment.

7. Mattymags811

Mattymags811 Member

Aug 18, 2006
    Attleboro, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There's a professor at my school in Vermont that gave me all kinds of looks after we beat DC in the Conference Final this year. Boy was that great! I will def join in, but I'm in Vermont so it won't really be noticed at all.

8. REV IT UP

REV IT UP Member

New England Revolution
    United States
    Jul 12, 2004
    San Francisco
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wear my Revs scarf out everyday now in Chicago, damn its cold here. The great thing is that I never go a single week not seeing someone with a red scarf on and that for some reason they always slowdown to give me look over. I feel so loved over here :D

RRRREV IT UP

9. wolfp10

wolfp10 Member

Sep 25, 2005
    Anytime I would go out to a party back in school, I would always wear a soccer kit, just so the soccer fans would come out of the woodwork and talk to me.

About a year ago I wore my Reyna Manchester City kit to a party, where half of the people were exchange students from the University of Leeds (no Leeds fans, though). They couldn't believe an American knew about Man City. I was the hit of the party. And when they found out I had tickets to the World Cup, they practically started to worship me.

I may have felt like crap the next morning, but my ego was sure feeling great.

10. thecastigador

thecastigador Member

Oct 31, 2006
    Boston (JP)
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    someone buy me a jersey and I'm in

11. ToMhIlL

ToMhIlL Member+

Feb 18, 1999
    Boxborough, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    All my German/UK work colleagues were none to happy that I, of all people, was going to the world cup while they had been unsuccessful in getting tickets! I told them that I had the USSF president's cell phone number (true), and then they started pestering me to ring up Sunil and see if he could get his hands on some En-ger-land vs. Paraguay tickets :rolleyes:

12. Meinert6

Meinert6 New Member

Oct 22, 2006
    RI
    I usually have the opposite problem. If I'm at a party, and I see someone in a soccer jersey, I immediately approach them. About half the time, they know little to nothing about the team whose kit they're wearing. Apparently they just think the jerseys look cool. Very frustrating.

13. wolfp10

wolfp10 Member

Sep 25, 2005
    I only had that problem once, with an Indian kid with a Pittsburgh accent wearing a Celtic kit on St. Patrick's Day **insert incredibly obvious joke here**. Imagine my incredible disappointment.

However, because of approaching other students who wore soccer kits, I met some friendly Leeds United fans, started following the team their first year in the CocaColaship, and now I have a favorite team.

14. REV IT UP

REV IT UP Member

New England Revolution
    United States
    Jul 12, 2004
    San Francisco
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Speaking of wearing Revs colors, anyone know where I can get one of these Revs training jackets they look so warm and cozy (Chicago weather sucks btw).

RRRREV IT UP

15. rkupp

rkupp Member+

Jan 3, 2001
    I'll contribute $.02 - get yourself to one of the Reebok Outlet stores and you can usually find one for about $10 (not a "replica", but not bad).

16. thecastigador

thecastigador Member

Oct 31, 2006
    Boston (JP)
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    that's not too bad. I just may do that.

17. Brian621

Brian621 Member

Oct 20, 2006
    East Providence
    I haven't seen one for sale, but I have seen them on the sidelines at games. All I know is that they run HUGE. Now I'm not a big guy at all - I'm 5-8, and a small fits me like a large.

18. RevsGirl87

RevsGirl87 New Member

Oct 24, 2006
    Somerville
    Well, you can look online, on eBay I found my wool and leather Revs jacket. Its a medium mens, and it fits like an XL! I know my dad got one of the winter jackets, the long ones the players wear on there....I will have to take a look for you. If I see a good warm one, I will PM you! ;)

19. shuvy87

shuvy87 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2003
    USA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Yea.. that's a cool idea, except no one in Penn State knows about the Revs.

Btw March 3rd is my younger brother's birthday!! I always make fun of him, because in Japan March 3rd is called the Girls' Day.

20. KATref

KATref Member

Dec 31, 2005
    Stow, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wear my Revolution T-shirt most weekends. If the weather isn't bad I can put the car flags on when I go out.

21. soccertim

soccertim Member

Mar 29, 2001
    Mass
    I'll go one better and where some Revs shirt to work on Friday the 2nd as well.

22. NERevsFan1973

NERevsFan1973 New Member

Jan 16, 2007
    Taunton, MA
    Well I'd do it, but all I got is a hat. I'm a big guy too (5'10", 300lbs) haven't worn a Revs shirt since my lean days about 10 years ago.

23. Brian621

Brian621 Member

Oct 20, 2006
    East Providence
    If the ProShop actually sold Revs polos during the offseason, I'd be inclined to do the same.:confused:

24. nsa

nsa Member+

New England Revolution
    United States
    Feb 22, 1999
    Notboston, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You don't have a mask you could wear?

25. patfan1