NSR/Off-Topic #6

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by Skizz, Feb 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cjump

cjump Member

Jul 31, 2006
    North Carolina
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ronaldo did get hit but i doubt that it was enough contact to warrant the penalty. i remember early in the first half he got knocked around a bit by some boro fowards while he was back defending. he didn't go down because he had space to push foward. i mean it wasn't a tap like in the box, but some hard hitting. now onto morrison. i don't like what he did but it might open the eyes of ronaldo. i heard the post match with him and he sounded a bit arrogant which in my experience brings out passion in others wanting to take you off your self-induced high. i think cr7 is a good player. but he is too flashy and gives the ball away soooooooooo much. it's almost predictable when he gets the ball on the wings.
    dribble 1 yard.
    45337 stepovers
    pause for 1 second.
    435342 more stepovers.
    dribble 1 yard
    turnover.
    both hands on head.
    look like crying.
    as much as i hate the man, he will be great when he grows up.

2. IOwnBuffon@Keeping

IOwnBuffon@Keeping New Member

May 27, 2006
    melbourne
    ok....wers arsenal? 4th. wers arsenal in the CL? Out.
    so please stop dissin our star players kos your kids cant put together 2passes and a shot, the outcoming being losing.
    when you play as well as cr7 then you can diss him untill then shuttup.

3. Mr Vexed

Mr Vexed New Member

Jun 23, 2006
    The Endz, LDN
    ronaldo is a great player, just looks like a knob.

wishin that supporter whacked fat frank last night... ;)

4. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Plus if Ronaldo was playing in an Arsenal shirt i doubt very much that you'd be saying those things :D ohh jealously can be a bad thing!!

He has been fantastic for us this season. He is now putting an end product to the step overs and tricks. That ball he played for Rooney at the weekend against Bolton was perfect. It almost came off for them both again last night.

Plus i think this should be enough evidence for you the leading goal scorers in the prem so far :

Drogba 18
    Ronaldo 16
    McCarthy 12
    Rooney 12
    Yakubu 12
    Johnson 11
    Lampard 11
    Van Persie 11
    Doyle 10
    Henry 10

You can't complain about 16 goals from a winger now can you?! :D

appleCORR

5. cjump

cjump Member

Jul 31, 2006
    North Carolina
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i think ronaldo is amazing player. his skills and control are great. his shot is powerful. he is by far the most important thing to man u. but he could be wearing arsenal or any other shirt in the world and that still doesn't change my view of him. i hate when arsenal won't take a shot but plays 8 more passes in the box just to give it away. soccer is contact no matter the rules so when someone lays a finger on you, stay up. when someone takes your feet out then you have a reason to fall. all the top players do it. robben, drogs, henry, ronaldo, everyone wants the penalty.

6. Case

Case Member

May 5, 2004
    Cambridge, England
    If I was a mod, u'd just have lost ur posting privileges!

Coz getting shoved about in defence is the same as having someone land on ur trailing foot at full speed, have u ever played?

7. Sain1

Sain1 New Member

Dec 7, 2003
    Dallas
    Anyone got a youtube of this foul?

8. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I've said this before, the thing with Ronaldo is he moves so fast if he does get clipped he's going to loose his balance and fall over. His feet are so fast that a lot of the time he probably does get kicked because one minute the ball is there and the next it isnt. So he goes down. Yes, granted sometimes dramatically. But its the same thing that many many MANY foreign players do every weekend.

appleCORR

9. red & wite army

red & wite army I ain't no drama queen!

Jan 15, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    At first I thought the foul wasn't that bad but after watching it over and over again you realise how bad it could have been. If you look at where Ronaldo's leg was when Morrison made the lunge, and where Morrison's legs ended up it could have been a very bad injury indeed. The fact is that it was quite obvious the Morrison was frustrated and jealous and just went straight in there.

As for the penalty, yes, it looked very weak but you can't tell just on tv. I am fast and a clip on me can send me flying, yet people often think I'm diving...so no comment.

Rooney's reaction is more than ironic though!

10. Case

Case Member

May 5, 2004
    Cambridge, England
    Man, that was the best bit! The Roon tells some chunky chump how he ain't never gonna play for England now, after Cristi saved his own life with quick reactions to get himself airborne! Then oges on tV and states how the chump was prolly just jealous, which is why he's the worlds sexiest footballer!

11. Mr Vexed

Mr Vexed New Member

Jun 23, 2006
    The Endz, LDN
    is it me or is 90% of the people on here man utd fans??

:confused:

12. red & wite army

Jan 15, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Yip, this forum is for materialistic people...that or the fans come out of hiding when the team is doing well;)

13. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    lol morrison is a cnut

truth is it WAS a penalty and a terrible mistake by woodgate

nowadays (not a good thing) ANY contact around the feet without getting trhe ball is a penalty no matter how light the hit is

especially at old trafford

14. Dr.Phil

Dr.Phil Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You sir are correct

15. red & wite army

Jan 15, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Never in the history of football!:p

16. Mr Vexed

Mr Vexed New Member

Jun 23, 2006
    The Endz, LDN
    i knew id be the minority on here supporting spurs, but i didnt realise there would be so many prawn sandwiches about! the only games that get talked about on here are man u ones! and the best game last night was spurs v chelsea!

geez! :rolleyes: