Max Bretos on WWE RAW...wtf?!?

Discussion in 'TV, Satellite & Radio' started by AFCfan4ever, Jan 29, 2007.

1. AFCfan4ever

AFCfan4ever New Member

May 8, 2005
    Collins, MO
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So I'm flipping through the channels when I stop it on the USA Network and WWE RAW and see none other than Max Bretos interviewing some big Russian mofo in the first row. I was just like what the hell, had not seen him on there before and thought he was still with FSC.

Anyone know anything about this??? Pretty damn funny.

2. joebloe888

joebloe888 BigSoccer Yellow Card

Aug 1, 2005
    Fuyutu Island
    Considering that Bretos has been watching WWE for about 20 years, I am not surprised at all to see Bretos finally landing his "dream job".

3. jammybastard

jammybastard Member

Oct 7, 2003
    Flyoverland
    perfect gig for him.

4. AFCfan4ever

AFCfan4ever New Member

May 8, 2005
    Collins, MO
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Haha I didn't know anything about that.

I was just like wtf, couldn't believe it was him.

5. Lithium858

Lithium858 Member

Aug 11, 2002
    Baton Rouge
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Maybe he'll take JR's place when he retires. He would be perfect!

6. Cantona

Cantona Member

Jul 12, 1999
    Texas/Luton/Manc
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    may he stay there forever.........................

Cantona---

7. ElJefe

ElJefe Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Colorful Colorado
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Let's face it...

We can all easily imagine Max Bretos doing Jim Ross' schtick. Hell, he does it during soccer broadcasts.

8. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    "The wrestlers are in the ring and ready to start. Let's send it now to our match commentators."

:D

9. Cassano

Cassano Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Max Bretos is the perfect fit for WWE. He gets easily excited and I could see him doing an interview and then the wrestler suplexing him or something.

10. JG

JG Member+

Jun 27, 1999
    Wow, it's like the time when ESPN used to show one of those Texas wrestling promotions in the afternoon after school (it was either USWA or Global at the time), and I flipped from that to indoor lacrosse, and the same guy was announcing both.

11. LaxBandit

LaxBandit Member+

Aug 27, 1999
    North Tonawanda, NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    and to make things even more weird - he used two different names. One was Craig Johnson and the other was Jon Horton. I may have this all reversed but I think he was Horton for the wrestling (Global Wrestling Federation) and Johnson for the lacrosse - then late in GWF's run, he switched to Craig Johnson. (I wish I had my Global Wrestling Federation and Major Indoor Lacrosse League tapes handly - they are all boxed up in the basement and not in a way I can quickly check - so I can check for sure.) Craig or Jon was a pretty good announcer for both "sports".

As for doing wrestling/other sports, they can do both if their time allows - heck Johnathan Coachman does play by play for college football/basketball games for CSTV on nights when he isn't playing a heel on RAW. (He has the same name for both gigs.) I think one time, in the early days of doing both, he did a college basketball game early afternoon and then either drove or flew to appear on a WWE PPV that evening. He almost missed the PPV - so Vince said no more doing both gigs on the same day.

LB...

12. Iaco

Iaco Member

Apr 1, 2006
    Melbourne
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Does anyone watch wwe?

13. tony1097

tony1097 New Member

Mar 29, 2006
    did anyone ever see Joey Styles of ECW fame pimping coins on an infomercial a few years back? funny stuff.

14. Landon Donovan

Landon Donovan New Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Comiskey Park
    MMMMMMMMMMIIIIIISSSTTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH
    KENEDYyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

.................... Kenedyyyyy

15. fireballil

fireballil Member

Jun 22, 2004
    Litchfield,Illinois
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, ol' Max was on again tonight. He interviewed Melina after she won the women's title.

16. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    yes. There is no better commentator than Joey Styles.... and nothing was better than vintage ECW.

In fact, I would kill to hear Joey Styles call a soccer or hockey game.

17. AndSomeAreAngels

Jun 7, 2003
    Brokelyn
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I know there's lots of hate for Bretos in these parts, but I think he's gotten a lot better over the past couple of years. His knowledge of players is impressive, he actually lets the game describe itself in a minimalist fashion, and gets very excited.

He's not the best in the world, but he's better than the vast majority of options we have West of England.

18. HSEUPASSION

HSEUPASSION New Member

Apr 16, 2005
    Duck, NC
    Max please stay on soccer, please. ESPNistas have blind hate for him, but he shits on anything they have.

19. joebloe888

joebloe888 BigSoccer Yellow Card

Aug 1, 2005
    Fuyutu Island
    Disagree.

It would be no brainer for Max to jump if Vinnie Mac/Linda Mac/Shane O'Mac were to offer Max a gig with WWE.

FSC is now a mature business, with limited subscriber (and revenue) growth (CAGR 3%-5%). Going forward, FSC can afford less and less products as rights fees continue to grow exponentially (CAGR 25%+).

FSC production has always been run on a shoestring, with "kids" coming out of the likes of Cal State Northridge working for minimum wage. Bretos outgrew FSC a long time ago.

20. Longshoe

Longshoe New Member

Mar 6, 1999
    Atlanta, GA, USA
    It looks like Max has been hired by WWE, I wonder what this means for his FSC work...

21. fireballil

fireballil Member

Jun 22, 2004
    Litchfield,Illinois
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He is doing the Dynamo Houston game in the Champion's Cup right now, so maybe he can do both, ala Coach.

22. lemons

lemons Member

United States
    Nov 20, 2004
    Club:
    Atlanta United FC
    We can only hope!

23. HSEUPASSION

HSEUPASSION New Member

Apr 16, 2005
    Duck, NC
    Apparently the wrestlers like him a lot and he's very professional.

24. fireballil

fireballil Member

Jun 22, 2004
    Litchfield,Illinois
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Where did you get your info on this? Not that I doubt you, I'm just curious.

25. EL MONO MARIO

EL MONO MARIO Member

Apr 9, 2002
    Montevideo, Uruguay
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Styles during an MLS Game: OHHHHHHHHH MYYYYYYYYY GODDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD! Gomez just dribbled by the whole Dallas defense. Passes the ball to Moreno! Moreno rounds the keeper has an open net, SHOOTTTSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!.... HE GOT EMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"