Schedule so far?

Discussion in 'New England Revolution' started by patfan1, Jan 18, 2007.

1. patfan1

patfan1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 19, 1999
    Nashua, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So we know we've got our season opener on the 7th of April and a doubleheader on the 14th as our home opener.

If anyone else sees any info out there related to our schedule, please post here.

I found out that the BC/Florida State game that's set for next Labor Day weekend might be played at Gillette. So apparently no home game that weekend.

Isn't it great that we're somewhere around 40th in regards to most important tennants... :mad:

2. The Magpie

The Magpie Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Cambridge, MA
    It's "all about the Benjamins" Monty: a match-up like this, especially considering how well Florida State fans travel and the number of BC alumni(ae) in the area, and you have a potential for $$$$ being spent... you see, there's this thing called "logic," and... ;)

3. patfan1

patfan1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 19, 1999
    Nashua, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah I know ... doesn't mean I have to like it. :(

4. REVS FAN 1

REVS FAN 1 Member

Jul 2, 2004
    Weymouth, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's Great......ROAD TRIP!!!:D

5. patfan1

patfan1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 19, 1999
    Nashua, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, there's the one plus.

Please let it be Colorado, please let it be Colorado... :D

The Riders at the Dick! Everyone has to wear protection!

6. RedRevs

RedRevs Member

Aug 24, 2005
    Cambridge
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    well they could always just move the game to foxboro high school...i hear the tailgate is great there.

7. Chowda

Chowda Member

Sep 13, 2004
    Rhode Island
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Well, there's one or two less games that "Patriots" will be painted in the endzones.

Anyone wanna bet they'll schedule a revs game that day and then move it to a wednesday night in september? Or better yet, MLS will schedule the LA home game that day and then "have to switch" so LA gets another home game with Becks.

Along the same lines, I still don't get why Kraft can't just tell MLS to schedule two home games for august and then tell the NFL to schedule their two preseason games on the other weekends. They are preseason games. That sort of thing can easily be sorted out.

8. patfan1

patfan1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 19, 1999
    Nashua, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm not sure about the dates, but I know the teams themselves in the NFL set up their preseason games. IOW, the Pats pick the teams they're going to play in the preseason, and the NFL can help if needed. But I don't know how the date scheduling works.

9. DREWWW

DREWWW Member

Jan 24, 2006
    H2Otown, Masachewsez
    Everyone wears Yellow rain gear

10. jrkumor

jrkumor New Member

Jun 16, 2005
    H2O-Town, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Actually, I think it is better that the BC/FSU game is announced now, less likely that the Rev schedule will be moved.

11. Chowda

Chowda Member

Sep 13, 2004
    Rhode Island
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Maybe they had that movie scheduled for early august which made the nfl preseason options limited for the Pats.

I'll give the owner the benefit of the doubt on last year's schedule changes.

12. ngower

ngower foolish grin

May 24, 2006
    Nashua, NH
    Shouldn't they be announcing the scheudle soon? I mean the draft's over and preseason will be starting fairly soon. Shouldn't they have it all scheduled by now?

13. Weber King

Weber King Member

Sep 28, 2001
    North Andover, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not to steer this thread off topic, but I'm ok with not having a home game on Labor Day weekend. As bad as our crowds have been, they are usually worse during holiday weekends.

14. ToMhIlL

ToMhIlL Member+

Feb 18, 1999
    Boxborough, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They have to figure out where the Whizzers are going to play before they can start scheduling games. You never know, there might be a big high school football game in Kansas that bumps the schedule out....

15. patfan1

patfan1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 19, 1999
    Nashua, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Last year's schedule came out on the 14th of February, less than two month prior to the start. I'm expecting this one to be around the same.

16. Tobas

Tobas Member

Jul 22, 2004
    Littleton, MA
    taken from thread https://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showthread.php?t=439105

17. kev13p

kev13p New Member

May 5, 2006
    MA
    Can't they give them TBAs on the location like they gave us for times last year?:rolleyes:

18. FoxBoro 143

FoxBoro 143 Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Or just contract KC for a season!
    Nothing against KC, I just want to go back to the 32 game balanced schedule. Especially since we will be gauranteed one home game against LA, maybe it would be after he comes to!

19. Chowda

Chowda Member

Sep 13, 2004
    Rhode Island
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Too late for that. That would have needed to happen before the expansion draft.

20. JMMUSA8

JMMUSA8 New Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Webster
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Eh, just give them all paid vacation.

21. wolfp10

wolfp10 Member

Sep 25, 2005
  22. Chowda

Chowda Member

Sep 13, 2004
    Rhode Island
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Going by their last two summers, the score should be 28-0.

How do you fall behind 5-0 in a champions league qualifier against a team from Romania?

23. wolfp10

wolfp10 Member

Sep 25, 2005
    The same way you lose to a team like Dunfermline in the Scottish Cup.

24. Chowda

Chowda Member

Sep 13, 2004
    Rhode Island
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Celtic has looked a completely different team in the summer the last two years. Heck, Lee Martin scored twice on them in a friendly this year. I'm just stating a fact.

And I watched the SC match. I doubt you even knew about the celtic game I'm talking about.

25. Parkhead_Faithful

Parkhead_Faithful New Member

Dec 19, 2001
    Glasgow,Scotland
    for 1 they were slovakian, secondly it was strachans first competative game in charge and we missed a couple of sitters that would have seen us through, thirdly it was pre-season and they just werent approaching ready but still beat them 4 nil a week later and finally artmedia went on to do quite well in the CL, finished third in rangers group ahead of porto and were unlucky not to pip a truly terrible rangers side to second.

None of which excuse it as the worst result in the clubs history, worse even than Neuchâtel Xamax