Official 2007 Fuji Xerox Super Cup Thread

Discussion in 'Japanese Club Football' started by samuraiblues2006, Jan 14, 2007.

1. samuraiblues2006

May 9, 2006
    So Cal
    Anyone going to the game? On J-League website it says tickets will be on sale on early Feb. Does anyone know when exactly?

2. El Chuma

El Chuma BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 17, 2005
    San Diego
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Xerox Super Cup 2007

I hope Gamba can finally win against the U Reds.

3. The Truth Commission

Mar 29, 2000
    Parts Unknown
    Re: XEROX Super Cup 2007

I don't reckon it'll be a sell-out...are you in So Cal and need tickets? If so, let me know.

4. samuraiblues2006

May 9, 2006
    So Cal
    Re: Xerox Super Cup 2007

I surely hope so. It's about time.. GO GAMBA

5. samuraiblues2006

May 9, 2006
    So Cal

I am not sure if I can make it to the game. I will let you know if I need any tix, thanks. I would LOVE to see the game though.

6. hamburgler

hamburgler New Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Tokyo, JP

Tickets go on sale 2/3 at 10am, with the "presale" from 1/26-2/1.

Like the previous posters, I'd be surprised if this one sells out, however, the last two matches between the clubs both did (although more was at stake in each instance).

http://www.j-league.or.jp/xscup/ticket.html

7. talkative

talkative New Member

Feb 13, 2007

HI everyone,

I will be in Tokyo during the weekend and I am very much interested to watch the match.
    Can anyone advise me how to go about buying the tickets for the Xerox Super cup? Is there any places which is selling the tickets?

I do not understand the japanese words on the japanese webby and cannot purchase it online.

Hope some kind soul can help out.

Thanks!:)

8. The Truth Commission

Mar 29, 2000
    Parts Unknown

I suppose you can go to Lawson (a convenience store here) and have someone guide you through the "LOPPI" system in order to acquire a ticket. The ticket ID is 31227. This is how I buy all of my tickets, and I can't read a bit of Japanese. If they're not too busy, the employees are usually very helpful and understanding. Just make sure you're there between 10:00 and 20:00...I think the Loppi system shuts down for the night.

9. hamburgler

hamburgler New Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Tokyo, JP

Another option is to hit the Family Mart and use the Pia system. The Pia code for the event is 808-658.

I find the Family Mart machines a bit easier to use than the Loppi, mainly as you don't have to enter your name in Hiragana to buy a ticket. Additionally, the Pia machine will show you your seat assignment prior to printing out the big receipt to take to the registers. Only potentially confusing item is that you have to enter your phone number at the one numeric prompt after the Pia code entry. FM machines are available from 1000-2330.

I also bet this match will not sell out and you can buy at the gate. Last year's Super Cup attracted about 30k folks, and National Stadium holds around 50k.

10. The Truth Commission

Mar 29, 2000
    Parts Unknown

Good advice. I never considered using the Pia machine as I've always used Loppi, but I'll have to try it the next time I plan on going to a match.

11. hamburgler

hamburgler New Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Tokyo, JP

You know, one other thing I should mention (should we have a 'how to buy tickets in Japan' sticky? I'd be happy to write it) is that the Loppi and Pia have separate pools of tickets. This can actually work in your favor, as it appears that Pia gets way more use than Loppi.

Example: I bought a ticket to the penultimate match of the Reds last year the night before. Pia was only offering seats basically all the way down at the visitors end on the SA side. Went to the Loppi figuring I'd take my chances (since you can't see what you're going to get before plonking down the cash) and out spit a seat right on the midfield line.

So my general modus operandus is to check what Pia is offering (you can do this by going through the motions of ordering a ticket on t.pia.co.jp and pick up the Pia code at the same time) and then go to the FM if it's offering a reasonably decent seat. If it's really bad, I go to the Loppi.

Of course, the Reds also update their site about once a week (and more during the week on game weeks) with the number of tickets left via each of the four (!) methods for obtaining tickets, so you can also tell if it's going to be close to selling out.

hamburgler

12. MTT82

MTT82 Member

Sep 25, 2006

Just on the topic of tickets, and the fact that all of you guys are way more proficient in Japanese than I am...

I'm looking to get tickets for Urawa - Sydney FC on March 21st, principally in the away supporters section. Since Sydney FC are the most administratively-challenged club in the universe, I was wondering if anyone here could tell me if it might be possible to buy tickets for the away stand online (or at Lawson/Family Mart etc)?

Any advice would be appreciated. I'm pretty sure that tickets have been on sale for about a week or so, now.

13. hallelujah_united

Oct 21, 2006
    Club:
    Urawa RD

Well currently there are still around 3,000 tickets left for the away section available on the 4 methods of obtaining tickets. Looks like a healthy number, so I guess you could atually obtain one at the machines at Lawson/Family Mart after you've arrived in Japan.

hamburgler: I think the sticky might turn out to be a very good idea since we've had more than a few people asking about ticket purchasing as they visit Japan.

14. MTT82

MTT82 Member

Sep 25, 2006

So I got the date pretty wrong, considering that Urawa - Sydney FC takes place on May 23.

But anyway, considering that around 20 Sydney FC fans have so confirmed that they will be in attendance, I don't think it will be too much of a stretch for me to buy tickets.

If anyone wants to post a Lawsom/Pia URL for that fixture, please feel free.

And hamburglar, a "how to buy tickets in Japan" sticky would be awesome.

15. gtepp15 redded

gtepp15 redded Red Card

Jan 5, 2006

http://www.tbs.co.jp/supers/game/20070224_4221.html

Urawa Reds

GK Yamagishi
    DF Nene
    DF Uchidate
    DF Tsuboi
    MF Suzuki
    MF Abe
    MF Ono
    MF Yamada
    FW Ponte
    FW Washington

Substitutes

GK Tsuzuki
    DF Tsutsumi
    MF Sakai
    MF Akahoshi
    MF Nakamura
    FW Koike
    FW Okano

Gamba Osaka

GK Matsuyo
    DF Kaji
    DF Sidiclei
    DF Yamaguchi
    DF Yasuda
    MF Myojin
    MF Hashimoto
    MF Endo
    MF Futagawa
    FW Bando
    FW Magno

Substitutes

GK Fujigaya
    DF Nakazawa
    DF Saneyoshi
    DF Aoki
    MF Maeda
    FW Hirai
    FW Bare

16. Koyanagi

Koyanagi New Member

Feb 23, 2007
    Liverpool, England
    Re: XEROX Super Cup 2007 [R]

GOOOOOOOAL!!!! 1-0 Gamba!! :D

17. hirayama-redded

hirayama-redded Red Card

Nov 15, 2006

yeah, Magno scored.
    Gamba dominating the game.

18. Koyanagi

Koyanagi New Member

Feb 23, 2007
    Liverpool, England

Make that 2-0! Futagawa! ;)

Reds don't seem to be able to get near goal.

19. Koyanagi

Koyanagi New Member

Feb 23, 2007
    Liverpool, England

Magno strikes again! 3-0! :cool:

20. Koyanagi

Koyanagi New Member

Feb 23, 2007
    Liverpool, England

4-0. Hat-trick for Magno. What a result! :D

21. goru_no_ura

goru_no_ura Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 20, 2006
    Miyako of Zipang
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

Wow, what a slap on the face... :eek:

Urawa looked pretty bad in the European pre-season match, but this is brutal.
    Well, they will come back soon, I imagine; however this might be perhaps the signal that we're into a more balanced season...?

Let's hope so (for the neutral fans, of course...)

22. Koyanagi

Koyanagi New Member

Feb 23, 2007
    Liverpool, England

I must admit, I'm shocked. :eek: I expected the Reds to be much tougher but it seems as though they were quite tame, even when they threw on a third striker.

I'm not gonna complain though. :cool: And I think that this result is good for the neutrals too, it's no fun if the Reds win everything.

I'm quite optimistic about this season now. :)

23. hallelujah_united

Oct 21, 2006
    Club:
    Urawa RD

I hate to be all doom and gloom about the Reds chances this season, but having been through 3 matches with Osieck this season, I'm starting to fear for the worst a bit.

I can't remember us conceding as easily as this in the past few seasons. Even without Tulio playing.

24. goru_no_ura

goru_no_ura Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 20, 2006
    Miyako of Zipang
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

Well, not sure for the J-League, but in most countries doing bad in pre-seasons doesn't count for much.

Hint here: Kyoto won or tied ALL games in last seasons' pre-season, ditto for the summer interlude scrimmages...

25. hallelujah_united

Oct 21, 2006
    Club:
    Urawa RD

I sure hope that's the case, but that post was probably just me being the cynic and pessimist that I am. :(