Bob Bradley Named Interim Coach

Discussion in 'USA Men' started by Mullan2Ching, Dec 7, 2006.

1. Skurwiel007

Skurwiel007 Member

Jun 12, 2004
    f**k him we don't need that skunk :mad:

2. scarshins

scarshins Member

Jun 13, 2000
    fcva
    "interim coach" damning with faint praise.

last interim coach was in 95, Sampson....:D

3. Noddy

Noddy New Member

Dec 7, 2006
    Why doesn't the US just act like the rest of the World?

Sign Bradley (or anyone else for the matter) to a 2-year contract, giving him the chance to coach as a real coach and not as a lame duck "interim". If it isn't working out after a couple of months/one year, fire them. This gives the US enough time to bring someone in w/out screwing up World Cup qualifying.

Instead of bringing in someone to focus on the Gold Cup the Copa America and the next 2-year cycle - the US is stuck running in circles. US Soccer should be looking at this in 2-year cycles, not a 4-year World Cup run.

4. flem16

flem16 Rainmaker

Jan 9, 2005
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    "Bradley, who won an MLS Cup title with the Chicago Fire in 1998 and was recently named MLS Coach of the Year, will be hired on an interim basis, with the USSF expected to begin a new search at some point during the summer."

WTF!?!

We have to go through this whole process again next year. When does the USSF plan to does this, in the four days between the Gold Cup and Copa America? :rolleyes:

5. bobuck

bobuck New Member

Mar 10, 2000
    NYC
    Craptastic!

6. TxFan

TxFan Member

Sep 6, 2001
    This is bull.

Just give Bradley the job and let's see how he does. The time for an interim coach was over the past 6 months when we missed a few international dates. Now we need a coach that everyone gets behind and gets ready for Copa and Gold Cup.

7. BigKahuna

BigKahuna Member

Nov 30, 2004
    GA Boy in DC
    Agreed...If its gotta be Bradley, **ck this "interim" shit. Give him the job or don't. The only thing to makes all this worse right now is to slap "interim" on his job description. I say give him a 1-1.5 year contract and if he doesn't win Gold Cup, turn in a respectable performance at Copa America, and doesn't win a US Cup that we should schedule for late 2007 or early 2008 against STRONG opponents, fire his ass and then see if JK wans the job.

8. NYCONEONTA

NYCONEONTA New Member

Jul 28, 2005
    New York
    what is he going to do? we need a coach who is going to take us to the next level and he is not the guy! Good coach but not a national team coach.

9. Fulham South

Fulham South New Member

Jul 25, 2005
    GEORGIA
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    While I don't like the label, I think Bob Bradley was as good of a domestic backup choice as we had. Pekerman's lack of English was always a problem. When JK first spoke up about the position, he wanted to wait til 2008. Maybe that's what this is really about.

I think you'll see a big push to get JK on bored for 2008-2010 or for Hiddnik after Russia flops out of Euro.

10. LORDEYE

LORDEYE BigSoccer Yellow Card

Jan 22, 2006
    Bradley? "I am Michael's Father" Bradley??? Fuehrer of the crapulascious Bullscheiters? This is a sick joke.
    First, because if we are going with a local, then we should pick one who at least has a low tolerance for crud, works the players hard, and has had some success against foreign competition. And, although I'm a revs fan, the only one who fits the bill right now is Nowak.
    Second, because if we are going with a gerbil local like Bradley, then why the hell not just do this 4 months ago and have a team well on its preparations?????????
    SG may be a Columbia Professor, but that just tells us how late in the twilight of Columbia it is if such a Stupid Gerbil casts such a long shadow......There should be an icon for utter disgust, but this is the best I can do right now:rolleyes:

11. southernsoccerdoc

southernsoccerdoc New Member

Jul 7, 2006
    Williamsburg, Va.
    I guess we can safely say that Michael Bradley will be seeing a lot of caps in the next 6 months. Only in America do players get picked based on who their parents, borhters, sisters, etc. are and not on merit. I thought at last the Nepotism was going to end but I guess not.

12. Galaxian

Galaxian Member

Oct 30, 2005
    Newport Beach, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How many other coaches for the national team have we had that had sons on the team ?

Have you been watching Michael Bradley lately? He DESERVES a callup . Im hoping he will get called in for some friendlies.

Or we can sit here and start throwing around accusations about something we know nothing about.

13. Lothar is 1

Lothar is 1 Member+

Oct 21, 1999
    Really? Because I would think having the clear best record midway through the season (while other teams players were away at the world cup) then losing out before making MLS Cup wouldn't look all that great on a coaching resume...

How about the guy who was the assistant coach on the SJ franchise which won 2 MLS Cups, then took over as head coach in had to reorganize the team, without Landon Donovan, and still got back and won yet another...

14. Lothar is 1

Lothar is 1 Member+

Oct 21, 1999
  15. LORDEYE

Jan 22, 2006
    How many? Almost none. The croatian one comes to mind, and of course Libya :rolleyes:
    Yes, I have watched Michael. A solid enough young player? Sure. National team material? Only if Coach is Whose Your Daddy :D

16. LORDEYE

Jan 22, 2006
    Because you would also think, if you read what was above it, that you would have a clear understanding of what "making players work hard, not accepting crud, and having consistent success against European teams " means. But then sustaining motivation in the hackysack enddays of an MLS season is your criterion.:rolleyes: