Juergen withdraws!!

Discussion in 'USA Men' started by 1836er, Dec 7, 2006.

1. 1836er

1836er New Member

Jan 7, 2006
    :mad: http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=394971&cc=5901

"Sunil [Gulati] and I have concluded our discussions about the US men's national team program, and I have withdrawn my name from consideration as coach. I'm not going to go into details about our conversations. But, I certainly want to wish the next coach of the U.S. men's national team much success, and I want to, also, thank Sunil for the opportunity to exchange ideas."

2. jgildea8

jgildea8 New Member

Feb 22, 2002
    Capitol Hill
    Well ********.

3. Mike22

Mike22 New Member

Nov 8, 2005
    Tampa-->KC, Mo
  4. cleansheetbsc

cleansheetbsc Member+

Mar 17, 2004
    Club:
    --other--
    And so let the meltdown begin.

5. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, we get to ponder the question...can Trecker's credibility get any worse?

6. SnakeEyes

SnakeEyes Member

Oct 7, 2001
    ******** you Sunil.

7. cleansheetbsc

cleansheetbsc Member+

Mar 17, 2004
    Club:
    --other--
    Among Big Soccer (and then again, besides those on this website, who else reads him), the answer has got to be 'no.'

8. bostonf4lyf

bostonf4lyf Member

Mar 18, 2006
    wmass
    this is horrible news, now we will most likely go into the new year without a coach, and more importantly we will not have the best coach that was still available on the market. klinsmann was the best coach for the job, now we have to settle for pekerman,ehh,or some unproven mls coach, hopefully hiddink would be available in 08

9. scarshins

scarshins Member

Jun 13, 2000
    fcva
  10. FlipScribe

FlipScribe New Member

Jun 22, 2005
    Knoxville, TN
    Makes absolutely no sense, after all this time.

There aren't words ...

Worst news I've heard in a while. Who now? Who really cares? This was an enormous opportunity for the MNT to take an unprecendeted step forward, and someone along the way blew it.

11. cleansheetbsc

cleansheetbsc Member+

Mar 17, 2004
    Club:
    --other--
    CNN SI's Freedman now reporting

...Klinsmann and USSF president Sunil Gulati apparently are far apart on issues of executive control over the U.S. program, which is more of an issue than money. It was earlier reported that Klinsmann was looking for a deal of up to $2 million a year.

With the failure of a Klinsmann deal, it looks more likely that the man for the job will be Chivas USA head coach Bob Bradley, who would be named interim U.S. head coach and could eventually take over the job on a permanent basis.

12. luftmensch

luftmensch Member+

United States
    May 4, 2006
    Petaluma
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Seriously doubt he should take all the blame. But not likely we're going to find out all the gory details...

13. The Manwich

The Manwich Member

Sep 28, 2004
    South Gate
    [​IMG]
    "¡Me llamo Jose Pekerman, listo para trabajar!"

14. HCDefence13

HCDefence13 Member

Oct 24, 2004
    Indianapolis
    I'm not particularly fond of Trecker, and I do feel his article lacked any substantive quotes/names of sources, however, I'm guessing that there was very thorough discussion/confirmation involved before running with that story. What this turn-around says to me is that there was some major deal-breaker that has turned this thing south. I wonder if the general public will even know what it was.

Even it if was accurate, the worse part of the Trecker news was that it got our hopes up only to be shot down. I feel bad for the guy that gets the job after all of this because he'll already come in under auspicious circumstances.

15. Fussballman 7

Fussballman 7 Member

Oct 29, 2000
    Dresden, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This absolutely makes no sense to me whatsoever. What in the world have we been waiting months for if it wasn't going to be Klinsmann. We've missed chances to get together for friendlies and now it seems apparent that we won't even have a coach in place by the new year. It is completely unacceptable for the US not to have a coach at this point. I hope our backup isn't Pekerman. The man might be a good coach but then again he blew it against Germany with by my account a superior talent base. But that isn't my main concern, it is his lack of English. Communication is huge and we may potentially have a coach that can't communicate with the overwhelming majority of our players. Plus, probably doesn't have a good working understanding of the US player or MLS. Please let this be a hoax and let us get Klinsmann.

16. danny_mac3

danny_mac3 New Member

May 19, 2005
    France & USA
    somewhere, Bruce Arena is laughing his a** off.

17. pwip

pwip Member

Jul 10, 2004
    Dallas
    Here is why this not the end of the world.

I sensed JK was asking for the world and complete autonomy. As much you might not like Sunil, you can make your coach more powerful than yourself.

JK and Bruce are close which they both shared very similar idealology. No offense, BA idealology didn't work that well.

As much as you are indifferent to the whole live in US and work in Germany thing as an American, that would of piss me off if it happen to the US. I wouldn't like that kind relationship and in my opinion, disrespectful.

18. jgildea8

jgildea8 New Member

Feb 22, 2002
    Capitol Hill
    I heard Sunil decided to coach the team himself, and Klinsman did not want to be his assistant.

19. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Klinsmann was not the great fit that so many think he would have been. He would have been frustrated with the situation, which he was in his native Germany. So what if he resides in California. He has not taken an active part in the American soccer culture and it would have been a difficult task for him. There is no need for a high profile coach for the team. Instead, we need one who can get the most out of our players. Now, who that may be, not so easy.

20. justboy

justboy Member

Jun 21, 2005
    Portland, OR
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    Maybe Berti Vogts is available?

21. eastex

eastex New Member

Jul 22, 2005
    Nacogdoches, TX
    Why not? He's put himself out front as the guy in charge. He would have taken the credit for signing Klinsmann.

22. jgildea8

jgildea8 New Member

Feb 22, 2002
    Capitol Hill
    Bob Bradley!?!
    Why not just bring Bruce back.:rolleyes:

At least it would upset Chivas USA:D

23. fusion101

fusion101 Member

Jan 11, 2002
    THE SEAS HAVE PARTED AND A BIGSOCCER MELTDOWN IS ABOUT TO BEGIN!!!!!

Great, now there will be threads titled 1) "Fire Sunil 2)"Trecker can burn in hell" and various others. I hope people lay off of Sunil. From every report I read he tried his very best to get JK, and right know no one knows the answer of why Klinsi said no thanks. But this is Bigsoccer and people are going to protest Sunil as the devil.

24. alocksley

alocksley Member

Jan 30, 2004
    Burbank, CA
    Name an interim for 2007 and grab Guus after the Euros...

25. MasterShake29

MasterShake29 Member+

Oct 28, 2001
    Jersey City, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It does help make Trecker look like even more of a complete moron, so that's good.

Too bad that's the only good I see in this.

Now what?