What a year it's been.

Discussion in 'Houston Supporters Clubs' started by DrLudicrous, Nov 13, 2006.

1. DrLudicrous

DrLudicrous Member+

Jun 28, 2002
    Houston
    Game one:
    [​IMG]

The Final:
    [​IMG]

It's been a great year, thanks to everybody in the north end that have made the games so much fun. Here's to taking over the entire end next year.

2. Bandido

Bandido Member

Apr 6, 2006
    Deperrosbravos N.L.
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    I don't know what planet I was on.but by the time I heard Houston had a soccer team,all the name change thing had past.,The Texian Army already had their recruits and were in full swing.

I recall for the opening game, fighting with my wife outside Fiesta because I had bought tickets for my guys and she wanted to give the tickets back to the Ticket Master lady,she was told she could not get a refund.:D

The fun really started when the Ball n'Chain and me joined the Texian Army and met El Greyas and Kikks right before they kicked off El Batallon.

I did not know what to expect from the team or the MLS because I never followed it.I was still a Rayado De Monterrey then.,I did not expect to end the season in Frisco jumping up and down with TA/EB. and our men in Orange lifting the Cup as Champions.

p.s.

BTW.

On Mega 101FM,the Mexicanz were talking to Oliver Luck and they were saying how everything had favored the Dynamo during the MLS Cup.,the sky,the fans and even the Texas Teen Queen was wearing an orange dress...,Ollie jumps in and says "that's right,and her mesurements are 18-36-36"..
    Now how did he know her mesurements:confused:

3. El Naranja

El Naranja Member+

Sep 5, 2006
    Alief
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I really like this pic...especially of a certain someone standing in front, like a general leading his fanatical army on to slaughter the weakling opposition :rolleyes: :cool:

Bow before the might of the TA/EB!

4. Brava Rookie

Brava Rookie Member

Oct 4, 2005
    VA
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I just wanted to congratulate you guys! You looked great on the tube with the flags, confetti, singing, smoke bombs (even the one that oddly enough found it's way to the field, wonder if we've ever had that problem in DC.... :) ) You did your club, and all of the supporter clubs following our respective teams, proud! Enjoy it because we're coming after it next year!

5. Kevin Lindstrom

Oct 28, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Take away the colors and the name for a moment, and there isn't an MLS supporter out there that doesn't want their group to look like that - all the passion, all the comraderie. It was awesome.

Enjoy, and hopefully appreciate, winning in your first year. It is a rare and special thing. But here is the point - it is an opportunity to be had, and you have embraced it with both hands and run with it. MLS is better for it. Congratulations. Thank you for making the most of it.

6. El Naranja

El Naranja Member+

Sep 5, 2006
    Alief
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks a lot. Really. All the love from everyone in MLS has been freakin awesome. It's wierd to get love from Dallas though....;)

I can't wait till the CCC and next season when we can use our special balls at home! That'll be freakin' awesome. See you guys next season when you try to take back the cannon and a shot at the trophy.....and next time, beat Colorado so we can play against you in the playoffs:rolleyes:

7. Bandido

Bandido Member

Apr 6, 2006
    Deperrosbravos N.L.
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    I honestly believe you had a great part in our success Sir.,You helped us a lot.
    The seats you got us were awesome !!!

Thank you,I 'm glad MLS has people like you.

8. SenorCool

SenorCool Member

Apr 10, 2006
    In a House

9. El Naranja

El Naranja Member+

Sep 5, 2006
    Alief
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

10. CeltTexan

CeltTexan Member+

Sep 21, 2000
    Houston, TX USA
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I want to say that yesterday was a day I'll remember for life!

After all the communist name change crap and all the reminders from the media about San Jose this and us being a first year franchise that, it was very special to claim the MLS Cup on Dallas's home ground.

From opening night back in April, to this being a World Cup summer and then the playoff run and us getting the match winner from Chingon at the death against Chivitas...here's to all the die hards that have come together in such a short time, for the love of the Dom and our Men in Orange. We've thrown it down from Day 1!!!

Simply read the quotes from Ching and Pat....this sums up what MLS has always wanted and needed to become. The beautiful game is ALL ABOUT the relationship between the Supporters and the players on the field.

"That's been the mentality of our team all year long," Ching said. "You fight to the death, or fight 'til you pass out.">>>>If this isn't Texas culture than what more could a state bleed!

"When you look at ... the ethnic makeup of our crowd, that's what Houston is, and that's what the franchise is now," Onstad said. "Those are the supporters we count on. Those are the supporters who helped us come back when we were down, 2-1 to Chivas, and when we were down to Colorado.">>>To that Professor at U of H that wrote up the racial divide, read here b!tch. I worked hard to bridge the unity Mr. Know-It-All Professor. Together, ni raza, ni color, unido en nuestra voz, we made sure that we sing in Spanish and English from this first season on. Thanks Pat for summing up what all of us hinchas were never able to get out before. THIS IS WHO WE ARE! SOMOS TEJAS!!!

New team, new memories for life, new friends, shoot!....new family....it's been one hellava ride amigos!!!

Vamos Houston and Let's go Dynamo!!!!!!
    Dale Campeon!!! Dale Campeon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11. sircuauh

sircuauh New Member

May 3, 2006
    H-town
    ITS BEEN A GREAT YEAR, THIS IS THE FIRST TIME WE WENT TO A GAME, VRS CHICAGO I THINK.. AND I TOOK THESE SHOTS

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[

12. sircuauh

sircuauh New Member

May 3, 2006
    H-town
    [​IMG]

TODAY........

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. sircuauh

sircuauh New Member

May 3, 2006
    H-town
  14. .César.

.César. Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Houston
    I am so glad we were all part of this! Let's do it again next year! Wooooooooooooooo

15. El Naranja

El Naranja Member+

Sep 5, 2006
    Alief
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is what he is forgetting and sums it all up for us fans and players...

[​IMG]

16. CeltTexan

CeltTexan Member+

Sep 21, 2000
    Houston, TX USA
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

All of us are only going to get bigger and louder for next year!

Here's to the ever growing, always Orange, at the ready, die hard Hinchada Tejana.

Alegria pa toda la gente!!! Vamos Houston SOMOS CAMPEONES!!!

17. schwabe13

schwabe13 Member

Jan 27, 2006
    in the best MLS town
    Yep , and add songs in more languages , like yesterday , when CeltTexan,Fuboy,Offebacher & and me were singing in german :
    "Und wir haben den Pokal " ( and we took the cup)

CeltTexan's and Fuboys face expressions (during the song ) :

"What the hell am I'm saying" These expressions were priceless !
    Hehehhe:p

18. FuBoy

FuBoy Member

Mar 12, 2003
    Houston, TX
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Fuboy's Face expression: - 4 years of german, and I thought we were saying "And we have to Polka!"

19. JumpforDynamo

JumpforDynamo New Member

Apr 9, 2006
    For those of you who sat in the bus with me: what about my prediction of 1-1 and PK? ;)

20. JumpforDynamo

JumpforDynamo New Member

Apr 9, 2006
    Thank you all for a wonderful year.

My journey started during the first game when i didn't even know about any Texian Army. I've been a soccer fan my whole life, and been standing every single game with my favorite team in Italy.

While I now was sitting with the soccer moms and dads in another section, I couldn't help noticing the group of orange, banging on a big drum, chanting and waving flags. I joined during the second game, and the rest, as they say, is history.

The group has grown this year, and with the inclusion of El Battalion, we've been more impressive for every week. The highlight for my part (except for final) was the 2-0 Ching goal against Chivas where I leeped about five rows, and landed on some random dude down there. The celebrations were genuine, unhibited, and real.

The T.A and E.B have been fantastic. Although we have our differences, I am utterly impressed how we have been able to combine the two groups without ANY negative incidents. Not to get too political or anything, but with a nostaligic post-final mind, I can't help thinking how a myriad of nations - Americans, Scottish, Germans, Norwegians, italians, Mexicans etc - have all been able to gather and cheer for the same cause: Houston Dynamo.

So thanks again, everyone. I'm now possibly going into a post-season depression with no Dynamo soccer, or meeting every other week with my soccer crazy friends. Oh well, after a winter of hibernation, we'll back in April - to defent our title !!!!!!!!

ps! If any of the TA and EB, MUST watch some orange soccer this winter, the Texian Army is still playing rec-league soccer every Thursday evening. Just bring your streamer, drums etc, and make it a mini-Robertson.

Cheers!

21. Dynamo Dave

Dynamo Dave Member

Aug 25, 2006
    Rural East Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Gotta tell you in this public forum, How impressed and proud of you I am for your undying support for Hinchada. For the heritage and it's people(all people).You are an inspiration as large as life itself and a good reason why TA/EB is successful. Kudos man and keep it up. Thank you.;)

22. naranjableeder

naranjableeder Member+

Houston Dynamo
    United States
    Jul 30, 2006
    In the Terraces
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My year in review:

First Game: June 3rd fell in love with the team!

Second Game: Fell in love with the TA/EB!

Last Game: I cryed and thanked god when we won the cup

end of review!

all was worth it and as my name says! I Bleed these Colors!

23. DynaKat

DynaKat New Member

Mar 29, 2006
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I initially joined BigSoccer in March to do research for the articles I was writing on the Dynamo and the TA. But I've known about the Dynamo's existance since last Dec.

Attended the season opener (Apr. 2) with friends and family for my birthday (Apr. 3). The Dynamo gave me an early present by winning. :D

Went to the Mezz in July to watch the World Cup, and also started going to see the Dynamo away games.

September: Kyle joined BigSoccer, we started going to the tailgates with our friends and family. We made a big sign for the Chivas game on the 17th. Met Brian Ching and De Ro.

Oct./Nov.: More fun with the TA/EB. Met Chris Wondolowski and Brad Davis after the Chivas game. Frisco was a blast...and now we're going to some of the
    celebration festivities this week. :D

In all, I attended 17 matches. Next year, I should (crossing fingers) be a proud season ticket holder.

24. El Naranja

El Naranja Member+

Sep 5, 2006
    Alief
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What she said :cool:

25. Dynamo Dave

Dynamo Dave Member

Aug 25, 2006
    Rural East Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Still say, Whipped!!:p
    Been involved with Futbol for decades. Learned of the Quakes coming to Houston in Dec.2005. I started a scrap book at plastered a Houston1836 decal on it.Then I started a Dynamo scrap book ,cutting out every Hou. Cron. article i could find. Got into MLS internet site and printed articles. Bought tickets for the Dynamo and attended my first HOME game with the rest of you all. Was impressed with the Supporters groups on that first day. The atmosphere, the players and just cryed like a baby because for tooo long Houston suffered from no representation.I did not miss a single home game and went to 2 away games. Next year? Who knows. Look out Dallas, Your too close for me to not go, NOW. The Orange bled into me and now I live, breath, and eat Orange everyday. And I Thank God,(higher power,Budda,ganish, or whatever you call God) for sending the Dynamo into our Lives and Hearts. How Proud I am of everyone of you, the fans,the fanaticos and the players, and for the immense support we give our team. I cannot go back to life without a MLS team again. Life would just be mundane and ever so simple.I have become addicted to the excitement, the anticipation and the tailgating. My life is fuller and I wouldn't want it any different. In closing, We are very lucky to have inherited the Quakes and I for one will do everything in my power to help ensure that the Dynamo are supported and stay in Houston.. *****wipes Orange stained tears from eyes****