2006 Barra Brava Favorite Moments

Discussion in 'Barra Brava' started by Duffman, Nov 6, 2006.

1. Duffman

Duffman New Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Lot 8, passed out
    I think we could use a thread like this. Just like the photo display of the Barra Brava: Year in Review, I'd like to mention some of our favorite Barra moments of the year and I invite you to do the same. I'm glad I was a part of this season. As other's mentioned, we are extremely lucky to be able to see United as often as we do.

Here it goes...

Tattoo contest at the Barra Brava off-season party at Kilroy's. I believe the Barra took 2 top prizes in their category. And I think I remember Riz having a good showing. :D This episode featured Gavin's first appearance. Great addition to the Barra. That stage was sweet!!!

5/31: Jaime's 100th goal against the Crew. Mike Terry made an incredible banner.

[​IMG]

More on the way...

2. Duffman

Duffman New Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Lot 8, passed out
    Sitting on the sideline seats with Scruggs and getting this great picture. As a result, he got under the Chivas player's skin...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Gavinmgraham

Gavinmgraham New Member

Nov 8, 2005
    The Bar(ra Brava)
  4. JoeSoccerFan

JoeSoccerFan Member+

Aug 11, 2000
    Seeing the Barra crossing sign for the 1st time (well every other time after that, too).

5. Duffman

Duffman New Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Lot 8, passed out
    Plymoth Dave & Son's trip to the U.S.

[​IMG]

6. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Man, a 1000 great moments this year. Dinner with Jaime and Louise, hugging Marco at halftime and giving him a Diablo shirt, the trip to Columbus, the tailgate with the bands, viewing parties at Kilroy's...the list goes on and on.

7. MyHouse!

MyHouse! Member

Mar 12, 2000
    Tallahassee
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I live in Miami and got to a game in September against RSL, my first BB match since the Inagural Season

So it has to be Boz and Esky jumping with the Barra Brava and getting beer rained on all of us after Freddy's brilliant free kick past Garlick on the stroke of halftime.

I felt like I had never left

[​IMG]

8. Dave Brother

Dave Brother New Member

Jun 10, 2001
    Alexandria
    Deep frying with my bud Grillmaster. Twin vats of of boiling oil churning out sweet goodness that filled bellies and brought smiles to everyones faces. That was a personal highlight for me. I hope to do more of that next year. :)

9. Dave Brother

Dave Brother New Member

Jun 10, 2001
    Alexandria
    My top memory that continues today is all of the love and support given to my family in time of need. With Vicky in a bad way, everyone rallied around us and showered love and support on us. That means more to me and my family than you can ever know. It showed the true essence of the Barra, which is family. We may not always agree or get along at times, but when one of us is in need, none of that matters. For that, from the bottom of my heart I want to thank everyone.

10. PedroUnited

PedroUnited Member

Oct 16, 2005
    Richmond, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ha I won that tattoo contest! took the $100, bought 15 shots of whiskey and gave them right back to everyone who cheered for me. awesome stuff

Pedro

11. Duffman

Duffman New Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Lot 8, passed out
    Trips to Columbus could warrant its own thread, but here's moments of the first trip.

Setting Crewzer traps outside the hotel room with BigMac containers.

Meeting Paul Johnson. (Glad you came down for your first home game. I imagine it may become a more frequent trip).

Seeing Chelsey's ass tagged with sticker.

Poopy faced doo-doo head fans huligans.

Passing out while posting on BigSoccer on my laptop. Just so happened it was Marshall's bed. I had my own room, but Marshall couldn't wake me up to get my room key, so he slept on the floor with a shirt under his head. Sorry bro. :D

Meeting Dylan. Kid whose mother worked for the Crew, but used to work for United. He told me when a front office person asked his mom if he would ever become a Crew fan, she replied "looks like never."

Tippy Turtle, the security guy.

Our favorite Crewzer. (On our second trip back, we were told by Dylan's mom that was the last time the Crewzers were on our side of the field.)

Chico pouring beer on Riz's head.

Pics:

Crewzer Traps...

[​IMG]

Paul

[​IMG]

12. Riz

Riz Member+

Nov 18, 2004
    R-ville, Murrlin
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Hehehe, I remember flickin off all you bastards when you started yer ********ing "Chelsea sucks" chant. I still have that pic somewhere. :D

13. Duffman

Duffman New Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Lot 8, passed out
    Enough said...

[​IMG]

Hooli's

[​IMG]

14. Duffman

Duffman New Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Lot 8, passed out
    Iron City shower...

[​IMG]

And if this isn't the best timed picture ever, I don't know what is!

[​IMG]

15. Jump-Punch

Jump-Punch New Member

Apr 14, 2006
    Reston

I liked driving you guys around AFTER tattoo contest. :D

[​IMG]

16. Riz

Riz Member+

Nov 18, 2004
    R-ville, Murrlin
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I was so drunk, I remember turning to Natty back at the motel and going "Why is my hair all wet?" :D

[​IMG]

17. Blondie4DCU

Blondie4DCU New Member

Aug 25, 2005
    DC
    I'll chime in on this one...
    can anyone guess? no, ok, I'll tell you.

Having Benny walk over after a tough loss and giving me an awesome 25th birthday present - his jersey, which is going up SIGNED in my new office.

Many thanks to all the Barra who made that happen for me.

It was amazing and eased the pain of a loss - hell, I wore it for like a week straight, unwashed.

No pictures, unfortunately, but I'm not likely to forget it.

18. Duffman

Duffman New Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Lot 8, passed out
    Thanks for the shot!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. RMDad

RMDad New Member

Nov 15, 2001
    Fredericksburg, Va.
    Watching you guys go through a 3 lb smoked pot roast in less than 5 mins, or those bacon wrapped scallop things in under 3. The sound of the ladle hitting bottom on the chili pot, yeah, that works for me. I hear ya, Dave.

The pride in my heart, when Rob announced the take from the Mini-Golf tourney, for United for DC. The AWE at how deep people dug last week, to fight breast Cancer.

Remember how proud we all were, when we heard the Barra Brava banner was included in FIFA Soccer 06?

Mark

20. PedroUnited

PedroUnited Member

Oct 16, 2005
    Richmond, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  21. Duffman

Duffman New Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Lot 8, passed out
    New Hardcore Members

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

22. Jump-Punch

Jump-Punch New Member

Apr 14, 2006
    Reston
    Going back to the photoset to look at some fun moments...

Drunken confetti fight after the opener.
    [​IMG]

First bus trip (sorry, couldn't help it).
    [​IMG]

Bringin' it.
    [​IMG]

23. BBBulldog

BBBulldog Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2004
    Dinamo Zagreb
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    Chicago away first time
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Columbus away first time

[​IMG]

24. BBBulldog

BBBulldog Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2004
    Dinamo Zagreb
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    Jersey away first time

[​IMG]

Houston away

[​IMG]

Jersey away second time

[​IMG]

25. BBBulldog

BBBulldog Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2004
    Dinamo Zagreb
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    Crew away second time

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

that Columbus kid ********in rocks, it was his birthday so he brought us cake. Then he got my last Barra scarf as present haha. He even had his mom take him to 2 games in DC and stood smack in middle of 135 =)
    [​IMG]