How has Serioux played this year?

Discussion in 'Houston Dynamo' started by Daniel from Montréal, Nov 2, 2006.

1. Daniel from Montréal

Aug 4, 2000
    Montréal
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Hey guys,

As a Canadian fan, I'm curious to see how Adrian did at CB this season. Your take?

2. CeltTexan

CeltTexan Member+

Sep 21, 2000
    Houston, TX USA
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Like a poor man's Edgar Davids. He has had some injury problems that have trainwrecked his fitness and 90 minute form.

I like the fact that he is comfortable on the ball, has solid first touch and technique and is rugged in the tackle.

I have seen him get caught napping once in a while but he is in my starting XI for sure.

3. Bandido

Bandido Member

Apr 6, 2006
    Deperrosbravos N.L.
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    He started off great,good player to watch.,and his throw ins are awesome.but he got injured and had a bad time coming back from that.,I started to see him a little shaky at times.
    This last game against the Fake Chivas,I saw Adrain get his form again.

Serioux is a nice and easy going guy.,and I hope he stays in Houston for the rest of his career.

4. nobius

nobius BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 3, 2006
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He sucked. Toronto would be a fool to take him in the draft.

5. Dynamo Dave

Dynamo Dave Member

Aug 25, 2006
    Rural East Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Amazing player and is an easy guy to talk to. ***For that matter ,all the Dynamo players are easily approachable and talkative. Adrian in paticular can throw an amazing ball as if it were a corner kick except with better accuracy.
    Toronto wouldn't be interested in him at all. And I hope Dom includes him in the 12 protected players.

6. cyris2k

cyris2k New Member

Jun 16, 2006
    nobius my man! my guess is that you have not played a competitive match in your life and I personally would love to see you get around Serioux. He has played through injuries and struggled for his fitness all this season for the dynamo and Toronto should be lucky to get this guy. Stick to fantasy league nobius cause your knowldge is showing. Good luck to our Cdn. boys and Dynamo this weekend.

7. Wildcatter Orange

Wildcatter Orange New Member

Jan 25, 2006
    I think Nobius was joking ...

8. Marquez

Marquez Member

Apr 20, 2006
    Houston
    Seriously cyris2k, you need to check your sarcasm meter because its obviously broken.

9. The Spleen

The Spleen New Member

Sep 8, 2005
    San Antonio, Tejas
    Pssst...I think he was being sarcastic (no, really the guys knows a little about the team). Please, keep your hands off DeRosario, he sucks as well.

10. cyris2k

cyris2k New Member

Jun 16, 2006
    i'll be sure to check my meter. Just a huge Serioux fan.

11. Marquez

Marquez Member

Apr 20, 2006
    Houston
    That's cool. Happens to all of us.

Just don't make The Nobius angry. You wouldn't like him when he's angry. :)

[​IMG]

12. CeltTexan

CeltTexan Member+

Sep 21, 2000
    Houston, TX USA
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

and a huge fan of sniffing glue I might add! Jebus dude....I haven't seen that type of cluelessness since the Texans on draftday.

13. The Spleen

The Spleen New Member

Sep 8, 2005
    San Antonio, Tejas
    LOL!!!!Is that Dave Chapelle?

14. cowboypb

cowboypb Member

Dec 15, 2005
    The Bayou City
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Like most everyone has said he started out great - I remember that one FC Dallas match that he just stuck to Ruiz like glue and just gave him fits. After the injury he was slow coming back with what I felt were some sub-par performances compared to his earlier play. I also felt he looked good in this last match against Chivas. But what do I know? I never played a competitive match in my life . . . however, it doesn't keep me from having an opinion. :D

15. Christina_MacDermott

Nov 14, 2005
    San Jose
    Started Out As A steller performer at center back... got a toe injury.. then it all went to hell

Cochrane > Serioux

16. lurking

lurking Member+

Feb 9, 2002
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Out of position. Really a defensive midfielder pressed into playing centerback.

I think hed be very solid in the midfield in MLS, maybe not among the top 3 defensive mids, but certainly in the top half.

17. Mr. Bandwagon

Mr. Bandwagon Member

Terremotos
    May 24, 2001
    the Barbary Coast
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    BTW - Does Serioux have a Green Card? Remind me why he is not a SI? Or is MLSnet wrong?

18. metroag

metroag Da Bomb Diggity

Mar 2, 2006
    La hacienda
    this thread is amoot point-he's practically Toronto FC property. Great guy-wish he'd stay, but going home sounds too nice. Here's to hoping Mo ties his first dozen games and gets canned.:cool:

19. TX Bill

TX Bill Member+

Apr 3, 2006
    Sugar Land TX
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Serioux fast became a favorite of mine and my wife. Hope he stays for a long time.

(Love the Ronald McDonald bit....laughing my a&% off)

20. sircuauh

sircuauh New Member

May 3, 2006
    H-town
    serioux, is awesome, i loved his last tackle on palencia, with power but for the ball

we need him to stay!!!

hes fast and powerfull, i think hes gaining his level again

21. TopDogg

TopDogg Member

Jan 31, 2000
    Toronto
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    I wonder why.. :D

22. chrishungate

chrishungate Member

Dec 16, 2005
    Katy, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I really hope Serioux stays, but I could easily see him going to Toronto if not protected (which I think he might be - after all we traded what I think was a pretty good player to get him). Cochrane could easily take his place but then we lose what little depth we have at the back. Serioux has his lapses, but overall he's a good defended and very entertaining to watch (i.e. the "staredown" with Ruiz, that nice tackle this past game, great ball handling).

23. FCLouie

FCLouie Member

Jan 4, 2006
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He is kind of Gooch-like in his play. :rolleyes: Or at least as close as we're going to see in MLS...:(

24. Vicious Lhasa Apso

Vicious Lhasa Apso New Member

Aug 8, 2006
    That's the wrong approach if we are trying to sell our stale bakery goods. Try, "He's great, you can't take him from us. Please, no." (Wink, wink.)

25. Vicious Lhasa Apso

Vicious Lhasa Apso New Member

Aug 8, 2006
    Mediocre. The long throwins will catch your eye, but only so much came of them this year, and that doesn't replace field play. It's a little bit of a gimmick, like a flip-throw.

His defense is a little bit on the risky side. Dives in and wins it a fair amount, but sometimes gets just run by. Recovers OK, can make a saving tackle, but also sometimes just fouls, and does so on occasion in bad places. Fairly tall (6') and decent in the air. Fairly smooth with the ball (midfield-like) but can get too cute.

Kind of a tweener. Not super sharp defensively, nor with the work rate of a true midfielder. The tosses seem like something you'd like to have, but only one helped result in a goal, that I remember, and, like Landon Donovan with the Nats, you're left with the cliched round peg with a bunch of square spaces to put him in.