Christian Miles is a moron...

Discussion in 'TV, Satellite & Radio' started by Cweedchop, Oct 22, 2006.

1. Cweedchop

Cweedchop Member+

Mar 6, 2000
    Ellicott City, Md
    I figured since someone started a Bretos hater thread, there should at least be one for the biggest no talent on that network, Christian Miles.

His lifetime body of work has no peer in soccer broadcasting circles (except for the rapidly rising Marcelo Balboa) for sucktitude and crappiness.

Last night was yet another example of his sheer talent shining through as he is doing the halftime highlights of the DC United/Red Bulls match and proudly trumpets that Christian Martinez gets the games only goal.

Martinez?

2. kebzach

kebzach Member

Dec 30, 2000
    Greenfield, WI
    That's fine. "Josh" Pickens just played a great game today, per the Fox World Report's Mitch Peacock. Twice.

3. JayRockers!

JayRockers! Member+

Aug 4, 2001
    Didn't Rob Stone call him Tim Pickens during the game Sunday?

And a few years ago it was Troy Pickens, the DC keeper when DC played Chicago.

Thx,

Jay!

4. ipswichfan

ipswichfan Member

Aug 6, 2000
    Hayward, WI
    You're just noticing this now?

I've said this before, I think his legal name is "Your Host Christian Miles," given the way he constantly introduces himself that way.

What gets me is the talent routinely mispronounce names of EPL players. You'd think they'd actually watch the game and listen to it. And if they don't recognize the voices of the announcers, they'd either shut up or ask the producer who is calling the game. Mark Rogondino is especially guilty.

Yet my CD gathers dust in an office...

5. TarheelJTK

TarheelJTK Member

Dec 14, 2004
    Jersey City
    Is Miles the one that always refers to Frank Lampard as Frank Lumpard?

6. cuselover23

cuselover23 New Member

Aug 4, 2006
    New York
    i watched Hartlepool United v. Rochdale (big ups to hartlepool :D :D) on the channel Monday and have to say loved every minutes of Sky's coverage, i wish they'd just let the Brits take over and do all the EPL coverage (half time analyis etc. all from sky)

7. jammybastard

jammybastard Member

Oct 7, 2003
    Flyoverland
    I've been praying for that for 4 years now.
    That was part of the reason I enjoyed the old EPL PPV package...NO FOX ANNOUNCERS.
    They'd always manage to screw up the sound or the graphics at the top of the match, but at least you got the straight commentary for pre/half/post match.

8. dncm

dncm Member+

Apr 22, 2003
    Boston
    I'm not sure if I heard this right, so someone can maybe fill in the details:

Christian and Bretos were doing the Gold Cup US Mexico women game.

Christaian says something which I miss since I just change tune the channel in, because I hear Max saying something like - "well, what exactly do you mean by that?" There was an awkward silence, and then Christain says something to try and defend his point(again don't know what it was) - and suddenly Max seems to back off and say something like "well, now that you say it that way - I would agree with that". Then again, awkward silence, and then they resume calling the game.

It was definitely strange, and tense.

Anyone know more than my turkey induced memory is recalling.

9. fc koshigaya

fc koshigaya Member

Jul 14, 2005
    Saitama City,Japan
    Club:
    Omiya Ardija
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Chivas things were painful to listen to........Lucha mask with his legs around Wrongens head was wrong and the time when he tried to stop Wrongen from criticizing play........he tries to distract away from the game

10. Sempuukyaku

Sempuukyaku Member+

Apr 30, 2002
    Seattle, WA
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I really can't stand Christian Miles OR Mark Rogondino. They're both complete idiots who have no business being anywhere near a soccer game....at all.

11. JayRockers!

JayRockers! Member+

Aug 4, 2001
    [​IMG]

It's a clickable link, if anyone is interested.

Thx,

Jay!

12. JayRockers!

JayRockers! Member+

Aug 4, 2001
    Well, I'm eating some humble pie right now.

I've been defending Miles because I actually like his broadcast style. He doesn't shout all over the play, he's funny some of the time, and I think he usually knows what he's talking about.

No more.

2 obvious errors in the Rome Derby. One my wife caught. And she really only watches soccer because I have it on. She'd rather be reading in another room than watching a soccer game.

1) He said Lazio "levelled the playing field" after their penalty. Actually, Christian, Lazio went 2 up at the time.

2) He said Mutarelli scored the game winning goal. My wife correctly pointed out he scored the third goal in the 3-0 win.

Honestly, isn't there any discipline for an announcer being so obviously wrong during a telecast? I wonder if we could just slip Gazza Richards $20 to go off on an F-bomb tirade and get the two of them canned.

Thx,

Jay!

13. danielmak

danielmak Member

Sep 26, 2004
    off the purple line
    Don't forget that he thinks Mexes is Irish: McShays.

But on the whole, I agree with what you said, he doesn't really bother me because he is calm, tends to allow some silences, and seems to do some research about the leagues he calls regularly. Of course, I like him better when he's not calling a Roma game (esp. given the high quality of the English feed broadcasters for Serie A, as I've written about often on this forum). Take care.

14. jgoal5

jgoal5 Member

Apr 4, 2001
    LV-PA
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Here is another one from the Rome derby:

When the Roma keeper took down the Lazio striker, he was initially sent off. The referee went back to confer with his assistant, and he changed the sending off to a caution. Both Miles and the analyst missed this action, and could not figure out what happened. All Miles kept saying was that they were "awaiting confirmation" on what happened.

What a ham-n-egger...

15. JayRockers!

JayRockers! Member+

Aug 4, 2001
    Fulham, South of the Thames.

Thanks for the geography lesson, douchebag.

Thx,

Jay!

16. Jamooky

Jamooky Member+

Mar 24, 2006
    Cleveland, OH USA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    it took him 15 minutes to figure out that Hernan Crespo was in fact Hernan Crespo, not Recoba. Seriously dude? you watch footie for a LIVING! /get with it!