I can't trust MLS any more.

Discussion in 'MLS: General' started by Soccerdude redded, Sep 29, 2006.

1. Soccerdude redded

Oct 14, 1999
    NY
    Since the fake attendance figures leaked to the press early this week I can't trust MLS. If they lied about the attendance, god knows what else they're lying about which might cause the league to fold. I have a lot invested into this sport and the league both physically and mentally to be let down like this. I am holding the entire MLS responsible if anything happens to my sport which I love dearly.

2. fusion101

fusion101 Member

Jan 11, 2002
    A lot invested? Like besides being a season ticket holder and buying some merchandise, what other invertments are there? Granted it would be a big let down if you were a hardcore fan and your #1 team folded (Note that happened to me, but life goes on and you will to). I don't understand why you need to trust MLS, trust is nothing more then having confidence in something, and if your confidently optimistic that this league will succeed then thats it.

3. The Legend

The Legend New Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Colorado, Where Lege
    They only lie because you don't bring enough friends to the games with you.

4. ossieend

ossieend New Member

Apr 3, 2005
    derby u.k.
    Soccerdude, most of us have known for a while that the attendance figures are massaged, but to be fair, MLS is only doing it to try to keep the profile of the league as high as possible and hopefully in the long term help the sport and it's fans in the U.S.

5. yellowbismark

yellowbismark Member+

Nov 7, 2000
    San Diego, CA
    Club:
    Club Tijuana
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Chicken Little

6. aosthed

aosthed Member

Jul 16, 2004
    40º30' N 111º52' W
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    ALL sports comp tickets and massage attendance numbers - it's not the only sport I've been to where the stadium "sold out" yet there were empty seats there... and based on seating in sections it probably wasn't a block of season ticket holders who all bought tickets but decided not to show up.

Get over it. BTW, the toothfairy isn't real! ;)

7. Qdog

Qdog Member

May 8, 2002
    Andalusia
    Club:
    Sevilla FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Link?

8. kebzach

kebzach Member

Dec 30, 2000
    Greenfield, WI
    Don't the door hit you on the way out, naive little one.

9. HTownSoccerGuy

Mar 29, 2005
    Houston, TX
    Dude the attendence stuff happens in every league. Last year the Texans sold out all their games but in the 2nd half of the season the stadium was half empty for every game. Its happens

10. bigredfutbol

bigredfutbol Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 5, 2000
    Woodbridge, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Meh. MLS is a business. This is standard pro league stuff. I can't blame them. Sure, I wish there were more people in the stadiums, but knowing the real numbers wouldn't have helped improve the atmosphere at Arrowhead, knowwhatImean?

11. voros

voros Member

Jun 7, 2002
    Parts Unknown
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I do wish people would take the same attitude toward the amounts MLS claims in financial losses as they do to MLS attendance claims. I know which ones I suspect to be closer to the truth.

12. onefineesq

onefineesq Member+

Sep 16, 2003
    Laurel, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    drama. queen.

13. midwestsurfer

midwestsurfer New Member

Jun 7, 2005
    Honolulu~Tulsa
    I love how unsuprised we are that organizations and buisnesses lie to us. That says a lot.

Not that I was suprised. I may not trust MLS like a friend. But I maintain confidence that they are on the right path.

14. Honore de Ballsac

Oct 28, 2005
    France.
    We San Jose fans trust 'em like crazy.

P.S. Chivas pays refs.

15. Rocket

Rocket Member

Aug 29, 1999
    Chicago
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's nice to see Ronaldo finally get around to make up to Rooney for his World Cup antics.

16. Soccerdude redded

Oct 14, 1999
    NY
    The picture is for those who flamed me.Rocket Man.

17. chapulincolorado

Jul 14, 1999
    McAllen, Texas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    [​IMG]

[Capt. Renault] I'm shocked, shocked to find that fake attendance figures are going on in here![/Capt. Renault]

18. DoctorD

DoctorD Member+

Sep 29, 2002
    MidAtlantic
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Did you know that New York has actually had a very good team for the last 11 seasons. But MLS HQ lied to us. I'll never trust them again.

19. KWorld

KWorld Red Card

Mar 15, 2006
    At Home
    MLS will fold not because of wrong attendance numbers, but they will fold for having some of the dumbest fans in the world. They cry every time a person complains about the MLS, even when that person have a valid point. Just admit your mistakes and stop being such cry babies, MLS fans. The league stinks in so many different ways and if you don't want to admit that then you won't be watching MLS and acting tough on BS in about 7 years.

20. Bruce S

Bruce S Member+

Sep 10, 1999
    soccer is a manly sport.

21. metros11

metros11 Member

Sep 11, 1999
    Highlands of NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You know, I can turn my head away from MLS and just watch world class soccer on FSC or GolTV all day. Instead I buy season tickets year in and year out to support my local team and American soccer. I figured that if I ignore MLS because of how much it sucks, there won't be a league for me to b!tch about in 7 years. You're right, I am pretty dumb.

22. spidergoose

spidergoose Member

Nov 2, 2004
    Annapolis
    Club:
    DC United
    That'll show 'em.

23. bbsbt

bbsbt Member+

Feb 26, 2003
    Ronaldo: "Oh jeez Wayne please, I swear, it wasn't my intention to have had you sent out that way last July, and..."
    Rooney: "Just shut the f**k up and continue with the payback!"

24. Mountainia

Mountainia Member

Jun 19, 2002
    Section 207, Row 7
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dumb customers are not always bad for business.....

Look at how successful State lotteries are.