Toronto FC season ticket sales reach 3,000!

Discussion in 'Toronto FC' started by SoccerPrime, Aug 25, 2006.

1. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. slimjim21591

slimjim21591 New Member

Aug 1, 2006
    dang thats good for u TFC fans .....i thought u wouldnt hav alot of interest cause of the lack of support for the Raptors and Blue Jays ... but prove me wrong

3. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just so we all understand-3,000 is only the number of deposits, not out right purchases. But hey, you got to start someone. Its encouraging.

4. taboga

taboga Member

Dec 17, 2005
    Heck now if your hockey team suffers defeat in the NHL playoffs you can go outside freshen up a bit and go watch soccer at a brand new soccer stadium and watch Toronto FC play! This is Toronto's first true soccer team in a real league. If Toronto wants to have the best attendence average in the MLS then it needs to advertise to the European people who live in Toronto. I have a lot of faith in toronto and in their success as a a MLS club.

5. TheCanuck

TheCanuck New Member

Jun 30, 2006
    Scarborough
    What crack are you smoking? Raptors sell out often, the last year it dropped off a bit, but can you blame a crap-franchise? Jays also average about 30,000 a game.

6. Jackie003

Jackie003 New Member

Aug 11, 2006
    T O R O N T O

Raptors have been in the top 10 for league attentdance for 8 out of 11 seasons man, get your facts straight. Raps fans go even tho we havent made the playoffs in a lonnnnnggg time, that says a lot.

Blue Jays are attracting around 30 000 a game, this considering we compete in the hardest division in all of baseball with the Red Sox and the Yankees. We are dropping in wild card contention, but the fans are supporting them. The past years we had low attendance and that was because we ddint make the MLB playoffs in over 12+ years.

7. slimjim21591

slimjim21591 New Member

Aug 1, 2006
    sorry evertime i see an orioles vs Blue Jays game it looks empty at the Rodgers centre or sky dome or w/e u call it ... and the Raptors r just really bad

8. TheCanuck

TheCanuck New Member

Jun 30, 2006
    Scarborough
    Good for you. I went to one of those games and we got 35K on a weekday matinee.

Don't quit your day job. I'm not sure if it'd make your spelling any better.

9. youcan'tseeme

youcan'tseeme New Member

Aug 23, 2006
    Alliston, Ontario
    This is great for TFC! Although there only deposits why would you deposit unless you wanted to purchase the tickets? I can't wait for FC man it's gonna be great, our first real team since the Blizzard/Metro-Crotia/City

10. Jackie003

Jackie003 New Member

Aug 11, 2006
    T O R O N T O

Have u ever considered the fact that our ballpark in Toronto is one of the largest. Most American ballparks have 36000-45000 seats. Only the larger markets have 50 000 plus, as does Toronto. It's a multi-use facility. That may be why it looks empty.

11. Tdotsoccer

Tdotsoccer Member

Apr 23, 2006
    Have you seen an Orioles vs Blue Jays game from Camden yards? They aren't filling it up to the rafters if you know what I mean. Also Baltimore is behind Toronto in average attendance. The Raptors attendance is also very strong, but what do you know ya ignorant douchebag.

12. Blizzard

Blizzard Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Toronto
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    OK guys, let's chill out. The points have been made.

thanks

B

13. Kopper

Kopper New Member

Oct 29, 2000
    http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20060908.wmlsto8/BNStory/Sports/home

14. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey if Toronto FC is coming to Bradenton for spring training, I'll be there.

I'll send you TFC fans pictures if you like.

15. CL_2004

CL_2004 New Member

Sep 10, 2004
    Toronto
    where can I put a deposit in for tickets?

:confused:

16. mlsintoronto

mlsintoronto Member

Oct 29, 2005

www.torontofc.ca

17. TheCanuck

TheCanuck New Member

Jun 30, 2006
    Scarborough
  18. Kingston

Kingston Member+

Oct 6, 2005
    This is true, but you also have to remember that a person only has to make one deposit to order any number of seasons tickets. On average it is quite likely that each purchaser will purchase at least two tickets. The 3000+ deposits would therefore represent 6000+ tickets.

19. Major League Soccer

Major League Soccer BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 25, 1999
    New York, NY
  20. CL_2004

CL_2004 New Member

Sep 10, 2004
    Toronto
  21. FuzzyForeigner

Oct 29, 2003
    WA
    Club:
    Seattle
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    the 3000 number has been lingering for a while now, how many are we up to now?