Rooney wants to stay here for life

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by Cevno, Aug 6, 2006.

1. Cevno

Cevno Member+

Aug 27, 2005
    Shifting.
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    ROONITED FOR LIFE
    EXCLUSIVE Take it as Red I want to stay

WAYNE ROONEY has revealed he is ready to commit himself to Manchester United for the rest of his career.

The England striker is only two seasons into the six-year contract he signed when he joined United from Everton for £27million

But in an interview with Sunday Mirror Sport, Rooney admitted he cannot contemplate life away from Old Trafford - and wants to extend his current deal.

Rooney said: "People say I could now have my pick of clubs, but this is where I want to be. In fact, I want to extend my contract at Manchester United. I don't want to go anywhere else.

http://www.sundaymirror.co.uk/sport...84&headline=roonited-for-life--name_page.html

2. Cevno

Cevno Member+

Aug 27, 2005
    Shifting.
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    NO BAN UNITED
    SEASON 2006-07 13 DAYS TO KICK-OFF FOR CREME DE LA PREM! Red-card Roon will be free to play in Prem
    Steve Bates In Amsterdam

WAYNE ROONEY will escape a three-match Premiership ban after his sending-off against Porto in Amsterdam - with FA officials set to throw a protective arm around the controversial Manchester United star. ................
    http://www.people.co.uk/sport/footb...=93463&headline=no-ban-united--name_page.html

3. MtP07

MtP07 BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 3, 2005
    Glad to hear it... :)

Once a blue, always a red... :D :D

4. doug1500

doug1500 New Member

Nov 20, 2005
    USA
    In the long run, do you guys think he'll be worth the cards, onfield incidents, etc. He's got talent no doubt, but I'm sure it's happened before.

5. GrodZilla

GrodZilla Member

Oct 5, 2005
    Stockholm
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    He'll only improve in those areas, as he will in others as well...

6. sdotsom

sdotsom Member+

Manchester United
    Mar 27, 2005
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    He's worth it.

What he brings to the current team is evident on those few occasions he hasn't played since he joined us. The team looks more stagnant, and we are lacking a guy who REGULARLY tries to score, then tracks back and tries to recover balls he's given away in places we'd expect to see Heinze and Neville.

I think he's worth whatever trouble we get from him now...he must mature though. Not to mention he's got a big bullseye painted on his back from here on out.

7. G-boot

G-boot Member

Manchester United
    Nov 6, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Who needs new signings!!!!

We got Roooooooooooooon FOR LIFE!!!

I can not overstate how much this excites me as a Man Utd fan.

Pump your fist. Come you Red Devils. Glory, Glory, Manchester Untied.!!!

Chelsea Football Club needs to die!!!!

8. Lancashire Lad

Lancashire Lad New Member

Nov 5, 2002
    Lancashire
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    The rep he is building is a concern. I dont believe he is any worse than a lot of players. He has a higher profile which makes it easier for him to be targeted. I wonder if he had been born french, spanish or italian if he would have had the same rep build up?

Lets not forget Cantona was no angel! Some of the best players have had that edge. I thought last season his discipline was good.

Great players deserve protection and I am not sure refs always do that plus Rooney needs to learn control his frustration.

9. MtP07

MtP07 BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 3, 2005
    [​IMG]

He was more than worth it. Of course Wazza will be too!

10. prymetyme

prymetyme Member

Aug 20, 2005
    Vallendar
  11. Jabinho

Jabinho New Member

May 29, 2004
    "My dream has come true! I will always be a Blue!"

[​IMG]

12. David Newmark

David Newmark New Member

Aug 6, 2006
    Ok jabinho whats your point! Roons a red now as in Manchester United!:eek:

13. Jabinho

Jabinho New Member

May 29, 2004
    And likely will be for many years if not his career.. Of course we all expected him to move "up" from Everton.. My point being him saying it doesn't mean much.. Circumstances will mean more...;)

14. Rakim_22

Rakim_22 Member

Manchester United
    Netherlands
    Sep 6, 2004
    Florida
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Splendid news! :)

15. sarabella

sarabella BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 22, 2004
    UK
    Gee, where have I heard this before.....

Oh right.

I wouldn't take what he says too seriously.

16. denver_mugwamp

denver_mugwamp New Member

Feb 9, 2003
    Denver, Colorado
    Great player. Love to watch him. He's really got to do something about the reputation, though. We've got a player over here named Ruiz, who has such a rep for flopping that it's reflex action for the refs to motion him to get up. The way Rooney's going, he might be the first player to get a red card stepping off the bus.

17. Rakim_22

Rakim_22 Member

Manchester United
    Netherlands
    Sep 6, 2004
    Florida
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    So Rooney is a diver now? I know he has a bad temper but he's no diver. And are you talking about Carlos Ruiz?

18. holytoledo

holytoledo New Member

Jan 13, 2005
    He has dove before but its pretty rare for the most part. Hope he cuts it out. Can't believe Carlos Ruiz is being mentioned in the same thought as Rooney.
    Glad Wayne wants to stay...FOREVER!

19. SirManchester

SirManchester Member+

Apr 14, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    That's a good boy. Knows where his heart is. I wish other players would follow his example.

20. hanul21

hanul21 Guest

Wazza is a RED
    he'll always be a RED
    started at the evertwats
    but moved to Man United instead

(made by ME!!!!)

21. Rakim_22

Rakim_22 Member

Manchester United
    Netherlands
    Sep 6, 2004
    Florida
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Yes and if he dives he has a good reason to do so. If that guy is talkign about Carlos Ruiz I will piss in a plastic bag and suffocate myself with it. Long live Wazza!

22. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    Bitter.

23. doug1500

doug1500 New Member

Nov 20, 2005
    USA
    This is what concerns me most. After being sent off for that "elbow," it is clear that referees, not necessarily more willing to call him on fouls, but read more into his fouls than is really there, all because of his past behavior. However, I'm sure everybody on this board will say the same - it's Rooney's own fault. It may take years for the guy to win over the referees, hell, even the fans, even though it took a few seconds to lose them.

24. benni...

benni... BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City
    Im not 100% sure, but I believe Ruud Van Nistlerooy, and David Beckham said the same thing.

25. benni...

benni... BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City

This will be the best news in a long time for me.