Attention Indianapolis Soccer fans

Discussion in 'Soccer in the USA' started by Bobethy, Jul 25, 2006.

1. Bobethy

Bobethy New Member

Mar 3, 2000
    Indianapolis, IN
    Fans, establishments, businesses that cater to Indianapolis Soccer fans, Check out http://indysoccerscene.blogspot.com/ for local information

Bookmark for easy reference, feel free to send contributions for posting.

Or send an email to: indysoccerscene@yahoo.com letting us know you want to be put on the mailing list. (This is a private mail list notifying members of local events).

Establishments and businesses, send us any items you wish to post regarding viewing parties, sales, specials, leagues, etc...

Cheers,
    Bobethy

2. CelticFaninINDY

CelticFaninINDY New Member

Jul 28, 2006
    Holloman AFB
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Outstanding that there are more fans in Indy. Absolutely great.. Keep em coming..

3. YanksFC

YanksFC Member

Feb 3, 2000
    Indianapolis
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Just bumping the thread.

4. YanksFC

YanksFC Member

Feb 3, 2000
    Indianapolis
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
  5. YanksFC

YanksFC Member

Feb 3, 2000
    Indianapolis
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
  6. CelticFaninINDY

Jul 28, 2006
    Holloman AFB
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Wanted to see how the first gathering went. I want to find out when the next one is. I will definatly be there. Also do you guys get together any other time i.e. FA cup or Champions league games?

7. YanksFC

YanksFC Member

Feb 3, 2000
    Indianapolis
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    I'm not sure how things went, as I unfortunately had an emergency come up that prevented me from showing up. Bobethy can probably fill you in on that account. As for the next gathering - I'll be at the Fire game this weekend, so I won't be coming, and I think that Bobethy has plans this weekend as well.

As for FA Cup and Champs League - We'll probably try to get together for some matches, but my schedule will make it difficult for me to break away for live Champions League viewing.

8. irish56

irish56 Member+

Oct 30, 2006
    indy
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is anywhere showing the US-Ecuador match in Indy?

9. jack_ketch

jack_ketch Member

Jun 27, 2007
    Indianapolis
    Bump.

Any Indy fans around? Is there any current information on this?

Radio Radio. Great.

10. ghazi

ghazi Member

Feb 27, 2004
    Chicago
    Where the hell were you guys when i lived in Indy a few years back?! :D

11. YanksFC

YanksFC Member

Feb 3, 2000
    Indianapolis
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Sorry guys. The blog sort of fell by the wayside. I'm not even sure what Bobethy is up to these days.

The best places to catch matches continue to be Brugge Brasserie and MacNivens. Radio Radio doesn't show games - the World Cup viewings there were basically a one-off thing. Brugge and MacNivens, however, still aren't ideal. Neither establishment is normally open up for games that kick off before 11:00 a.m. (although Brugge has done it a few times), and MacNivens is closed on Sundays.

If someone is up for organizing get-togethers to watch games, I'm all for it. I simply don't have the time to head up something like that. I do know that there are a good number of soccer fans here in Indy. There was a good crowd of people at MacNivens to watch Gold Cup matches, and Brugge was packed for the FA Cup final and the Champions League final this year.

12. CelticFaninINDY

Jul 28, 2006
    Holloman AFB
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Hey all. Glad to see this thread is still going. I think we need to put heads together to find a good place to view the games. I realize with the times they are on it might be hard. Maybe get together for the big matches. The only bad thing is that with college football and the Colts starting you will be hard pressed to find a bar that is not going to have one of those two things on all weekend. There is a bar on the southside that I frequent and they are pretty easy about it. I am good friends with the owner and he has stated that he has no problem throwing games on one of the tv's. They have plasmas so the viewing is nice. The atmosphere is good as well. Let me know. Even if not to watch a game it would be fun to talk in person with other football fans and not feel like a "Wierdo". Lets keep this thread alive..

Patrick

13. irish56

irish56 Member+

Oct 30, 2006
    indy
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Which bar are you talking about? I am from Greenwood I would love to go for games when time permits. Around here you do feel like a "weirdo" if you are a soccer fan.

14. jack_ketch

jack_ketch Member

Jun 27, 2007
    Indianapolis
    I'd be there, what bar?

15. CelticFaninINDY

Jul 28, 2006
    Holloman AFB
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Griifins Pub. I know the owner and he has siad as long as there is nothing else on he would show. Naturally college ball and the Colts have to come first and I totally understand that. I will be there tomorrow around 6pm if anyone wants to meet up for a drink. Drop an email. patrickhaggan@comcast.net

16. dcpohl

dcpohl Member+

Feb 9, 2007
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Soccer fans in Indiana? No way. =) I was visiting my girlfriend in Muncie last weekend and no bar could put the Red Bull-L.A. game on. Quite annoying especially with the 5-4 result.

17. CelticFaninINDY

Jul 28, 2006
    Holloman AFB
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    No kidding. It helps to know the owner of the bar..

18. CelticFaninINDY

Jul 28, 2006
    Holloman AFB
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    If anyone is free tonight and wants to talk some footy I'll be at Griffins Pub on the southside at 7pm..

19. CelticFaninINDY

Jul 28, 2006
    Holloman AFB
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Where did everyone go? Let's get together and talk some footy.

20. CelticFaninINDY

Jul 28, 2006
    Holloman AFB
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    If yo uwant to talk some football I will be at Griffins at 6pm. I'll be the guy in the Celtic Jersey.

21. irish56

irish56 Member+

Oct 30, 2006
    indy
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I would love to join you sometime. Tonight I have to work.

22. mrecint

mrecint New Member

May 31, 2006
    Fishers, IN
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Cool, I bookmarked the page. I live in Fishers and early this spring I walked into Macools' Irish Pub on 116th street. They had many TV's on Gol, Setenta and FSC. During Football season, I'm sure Colts game day will take precedent, but most times I've been there if there was a soccer game I wanted to watch, they changed it for me.
    I know there was big gatherings for CL games in March-May

23. YanksFC

YanksFC Member

Feb 3, 2000
    Indianapolis
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    I just saw an ad for Fionn MacCool's noting the fact that they will put soccer on. Fishers is a bit of a treck for me (I live downtown), but I'll keep the place in mind.

There's a new pub downtown on Mass Ave called the Chatham Tap that looks promising. Three Lions on the sign out front and a big St. George's Cross hanging in the doorway. I'm going to check it out next week and will let you all know if it's a soccer-friendly place. If it's not, then I'm going to tell the owner of the pub that it's not a proper English pub. :)

24. CelticFaninINDY

Jul 28, 2006
    Holloman AFB
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Sweet. Good to hear that we seem to be having some pubs that will cater to us Football fans. I will be at Griffins on the Southside at 4:30pm on 14 Sep if anyone wants to come down and talk footy..

25. CelticFaninINDY

Jul 28, 2006
    Holloman AFB
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Griffins 16 September at 7pm for all those that want to talk footy.. Hope to see you there..