You're acting like friggin Children - the lot of ya

Discussion in 'USA Men' started by Badattitude, Jul 18, 2006.

1. Badattitude

Badattitude New Member

May 31, 2003
    - Piling on Bruce Arena like Trekker ass-sniffing morons is foolish
    - I think he had to b/c 8 years is 8 years and it's time to move on -it happens all over the world
    -But to come on this board - call radio shows - write Blogs that Arena is a crap coach and a crap guy is Friggin Asinine
    -Are you all 22 yrs old? did you see us lose to Iran? do you recall Team USA of the 70's and 80's? who couldn't beat a group of Lifeguards from the Bahamas let alone Portugal???? Do you?
    -You're ungrateful and you people sicken me
    -Bruce was on today and said we're about 20 yrs from winning a WC and he's prolly right -considering that he got us to the Final 8 of the world and we got jobbed by an a-hole Scot ref
    - Arena's track record is the best there ever has been in America -College- MLS- National - show the man some GD respect FFS ...
    -Okay so he's out no we turn the page , no need to stan him in the back - I see all the clowns with their "I told you so posts"
    -Arena will win an MLS crown in NY in 2 years - bank on it.

MODS I DO APOLOGIZE FOR BEING A BIT CRASS BUT IT NEEDED TO BE SAID

2. Bigrose30

Bigrose30 Member+

Sep 11, 2004
    Jersey City, NJ

I dig it.

3. uclacarlos

uclacarlos Member+

Aug 10, 2003
    east coast
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    I'm of the opinion that this passionate response, albeit short-sighted, is awesome for the growth of the sport.

I agree. A lot of the criticism is thoroughly short-sighted and the man deserves to be thought of in the entirety of his career.

But he got a free ride criticism-wise from the press and the fans for too long. The fact that the media and fans are up in arms over his decisions...

... that's progress. :) (It sure as hell beats the "Soccer'll never make it in this country; it's too boring" articles that used to be recycled every morning from May through early July every four years and a couple of times in between. Now those old-timers are walking on their last legs. :D

The fans are merely reflecting a paradigm shift in US soccer. Hell-to-the-YEAH!!
    I agree. The guy's a great coach. He was just in a situation too long.

4. cleansheetbsc

cleansheetbsc Member+

Mar 17, 2004
    Club:
    --other--
    He said 2018. My math would be 12 years away from being able to win a cup, not 20.

5. Badattitude

Badattitude New Member

May 31, 2003
    Well Beningo said he said 20 yrs.

6. AlecW81

AlecW81 Member

Oct 20, 2005
    Durham, NC
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Defend Il Bruce all you want, the fact is he was too stubborn to adapt during this World Cup. His ego ruined the US' chances.
    RBNY winning an MLS Cup in 2 years? Ha
    I don't see RBNY winning anything while they play at Giants Stadium.

7. Mistake

Mistake New Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Unwrap Bruce's sweatpants off your face Badattitude.

The man is an absolute joke of a coach. He took crap tactics and tried to force rounded pegs into his square holes for 8 years. If he didn't have the right "square peg" he would take players of significantly less talent (Richie Williams) who could fill the ridiculous roles of his tatical theories. He forgot to bring the lucky horseshoe he took to Korea, on his way to Germany.

In man management, he's a fine coach keeping people happy.
    In terms of tactical strategies, he's no better than Sampson.

If you give Arena a team of equally talented players against other teams he would be outcoached repeatedly, over and over again. His only success in his entire career came at the ability to recruit the best high school players into Virginia, and getting the best players into DC United. Sampson won NCAA titles at Santa Clara, that's how meaningless and irrelevant Arena's UVA accomplishments are.

Good Riddance Arena. Your 8 year performance was dispicable. Maybe someday you can kick that pig out of your brain and take the time to learn tactics from real world class managers.

8. MightyMouse

MightyMouse BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 19, 2003
    Island paradise east of the mainland
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sigh, people, stop it. Its over. We got knocked out long ago. Bashing Bruce is bad, bashing tactics is fine. I think once we get someone with name brand recognition that things will start to look more interesting for the US. I can't figure out why, but I have this strange feeling Klinsmann is not going to be our next coach. Like many things in life, if it makes TOO much sense its not gonna happen, thats the way many things have gone for MLS and soccer in America. I pray Klinsmann is our next coach, and not only that, he treats us with just as much passion and attention he gave to Germany. Maybe his 6 months back in California will de-Germanize his mind enough where he can think straight and make an educated decision as to where his future really lies.

9. uclacarlos

uclacarlos Member+

Aug 10, 2003
    east coast
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    It's as if Portugal, Mexico, Germany and Italy just didn't exist. :rolleyes:

Great idea for a thread. Unfortunately, it'll bring out ppl w/ blinders on. Quite sad.

Does nuance mean anything????

10. Lothar is 1

Lothar is 1 Member+

Oct 21, 1999
    you dig it because youre one of the blatantly wrong posters I identified in my post from folpowing the AUG 05 win Eeked out against TnT

11. uclacarlos

uclacarlos Member+

Aug 10, 2003
    east coast
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Yeah. We all know that if they were to play, say... Mexico, Sweden and England, they'd get slaughtered, huh. :rolleyes:

It seems like some ppl don't follow the WC very much, or the WC Qualifiers.

12. russ

russ Member+

Feb 26, 1999
    Canton,NY
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Remember to use a Prescott Bush accent...

If your daddy marries another woman, her sisters are your new aunts.

This is Paul Harvey.....

Good.....
    Day....
    :)

13. Bigrose30

Bigrose30 Member+

Sep 11, 2004
    Jersey City, NJ
    If being a "joke of a coach" means being successful at every level, then I guess Bruce fits the bill.

National titles at UVA.
    MLS Cups with DC United.
    World Cup Quarterfinals with the National Team.

Give him a year or two to get his preferred personnel in town, and RBNY will be a hot ticket.

And I will be there.

14. Chizzy

Chizzy Member+

She/Her
    United States
    Aug 7, 2003
    Upper Left, USA
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Seconded.

Well said!

15. appoo

appoo Member+

Jul 30, 2001
    USA

well ********ing said dude. Repped

16. Honore de Ballsac

Oct 28, 2005
    France.
    I'm not going to pile on him, but I'm passionate about the US program and I've had a problem with Bruce since his Virginia days, so it's right to keep up the discussion. Most people who disagreed with Bruce were shouted down by dittoheads around here, so of course they're speaking up now.

I'm proud he won the Intercontinental Cup thingy back in the 90's with DC. He was the right man for the US job in 1999. I thank him for our performance in SoKo/Japan, of which I'm still proud.

But no ground was gained since. He discouraged some of my favroite players and bet it all on some dead horses. He mocked our 1990 team, then garnered eerily similar results 16 years later - with a veteran squad.

He's not gone by any means, nor am I through critiquing his work.

17. GalaxyOne

GalaxyOne Member+

Dec 6, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm with ya. The boys tried, but didn't survive group play, as most predicted they wouldn't. Blaming Bruce for this early exit is just second-guessing and whining. Sure it's easy to see where some things went wrong now, after the fact. But not so easy during the event.

It doesn't matter what Bruce would have done...the failure to advance out of the group guaranteed the critics would come out in full force.

18. DCSharksFC

DCSharksFC Member

Feb 28, 2003
    Virginia Tech
    i'll only put my money down if nowak and co leave in 2 yrs, which is highly likely but until that happens, arena ain't winning s***

19. uclacarlos

uclacarlos Member+

Aug 10, 2003
    east coast
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    I love it when teams crown themselves a dynasty b4 they've won anything. :rolleyes:

... unless you count the Reserve League Championship.

20. illinizissou

illinizissou New Member

Jun 11, 2006
    I'm quickly losing the respect I had for Bruce Arena because of comments like these:

then he went on to say:

So which is it Brucey? Is it your job to comment on the US team or not? He had his chance to go away quietly and he's just not going to take it. Defend him all you wish, but I for one am very glad that the coach of the USMNT isn't someone who believes the USMNT doesn't stand a chance to win for 12 years!

21. Lothar is 1

Lothar is 1 Member+

Oct 21, 1999
    well said... being repped...

see it works both ways...
    now who is being childish... Mwauhahahaha

22. SoccerScout

SoccerScout Member

Jan 3, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    Club:
    Internacional Porto Alegre
    Great...thanks for sharing...but Bruce still sucked a$$ in Germany. Period.

23. Silva 5

Silva 5 Member+

Mar 10, 2006
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    well said...finally someone else with some sense around here..repped

24. Ajax65

Ajax65 New Member

Feb 28, 2000
    Miami
    Club:
    Miami FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A great deal of the criticism of Arena seems to be more venting than anything else. I don't think this is any different where any team doesn't live up to expectations. Looking on the positive side, at least people had expectations for the World Cup.

25. Elninho

Elninho Member+

Sacramento Republic FC
    United States
    Oct 30, 2000
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And meanwhile, you seem to be so bent on crucifying Arena that you feel the need (in another thread) to fabricate an "embarrassing" match result that never happened....