Help U14

Discussion in 'Youth National Teams' started by jtruss1556, Jul 18, 2006.

1. jtruss1556

jtruss1556 New Member

Feb 8, 2006
    heidelberg germany
    Just to see if someone can point me in the right direction. How do you get a try-out for the US U14. I have started to read a few things on this board and getting a little intrested. I have been in Germany for a little over 6 years and my son is a Excellent Goalkeeper. He is getting a lot of attention from the local media in the area here in Germany, but they dont know one key factor. He was born in the good ole USA! He speaks both german and english and I am getting him the right development here in Europe, which I think is better than what he could get back in the states. When the time comes I would like to have him looked at maybe with game tapes and etc... HE IS THAT GOOD!

2. DoctorD

DoctorD Member+

Sep 29, 2002
    MidAtlantic
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Contact ODP europe first. Someone on www.region1.com should be able to help you.

3. Dave Marino-Nachison

Jun 9, 1999
    Just sent you an e-mail that should help you get started.

4. bltleo

bltleo Member+

Jan 5, 2003
    GERMANY
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    is your son interested in a try-out in the US U14 only or can be that european team as well? Is your son in any professional youth club now?
    Or are you planning to go back in the USA and are you looking for U14 US team? Unfortunately I know only about Germany and their youth teams, not USA.

5. jtruss1556

jtruss1556 New Member

Feb 8, 2006
    heidelberg germany
    Thanks, thats a start. Ever since he was 2 he had a Soccer ball in his hands and thats crazy for a kid from Alabama, but he only lived there for the first couple years of his life. I guess I should have noticed earlier that he was playing for D-jungend(youth) when he was suppose to be playing in F-youth here in Germany. Its his size and quickness. He has so many golden glove trophies and medals that I have began to box it up. I dont have the room. Now the local media has an intrest in him, they never knew he was so young. I never forced him to do any of this. I just had him a goalie camp that was conducted by a former trainer from Bayern Munich, needless to say I think he will be getting a lot of attention in a few years. Just want to continue his development here and when the time comes??

6. jtruss1556

jtruss1556 New Member

Feb 8, 2006
    heidelberg germany
    Funny, there is talk right now about professional youth club. What kind of info would you have on that? My wife though is more about school, since she is a teacher, but the talk has begun. I bought a house here in Germany and plan on staying awhile. I think its important to keep him here until he has developed a little more.

7. bltleo

bltleo Member+

Jan 5, 2003
    GERMANY
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    yes I think the youth soccer is better in Germany and if your son get chance to play for Bayern Munich, then he should do this. By the way do you know an American named Kevin Durr? He is also an American living in Germany (his father work for military). He plays for youth soccer in Bayern Munich and he played in my team Bayer Leverkusen before. Have you also heard about Soccer school of Hertha in Berlin - internat? Also good idea.

bltleo
    Grüße aus Leverkusen:)

8. jtruss1556

jtruss1556 New Member

Feb 8, 2006
    heidelberg germany
    I havent heard of Soccer school of Hertha in Berlin, but will do some research. We have had contact from a Team in Stuttgart that seen him play. I never paid it much attention, because coming from the states Soccer wasnt popular. I guess I didnt really give it much thought until all the hype now

9. Sandon Mibut

Sandon Mibut Member+

Feb 13, 2001
    I dunno know about Germany - they don't have any good goalkeepers.:cool:

As for a pro youth team, if he wants to progress in Europe, he's not gonna have much choice. Once the kids become teenagers, the best players get in the youth system of a German pro team. Playing with the kids at the American school or whatever just isn't gonna get it done.

That doesn't mean your wife's deam of your son playing college soccer are out the window. Being with a pro team doesn't make you a "pro" in the sense that we Americans think of and lots of kids come up thru the youth ranks of European pro teams and still play college ball here in the US.

I don't know where you live, but I'd contact the local pro teams near your house and try and get your son a tryout. From a developmental perspective, this is the way to go.

As for the U14 national team, do what Dave Marino-Nachison suggests and that will get you in the right direction. If that doesn't work, the U14 national team coach is Manny Schellscheidt, who is also the head coach at Seton Hall University in New Jersey. Here's a link that will take you to a place to contact him via phone or e-mail his assistant coach.

http://www.shupirates.com/info/staff.asp

He's lived in the US a long time, but he's German-born so he'll likely be receptive to you, especially if you speak German to him.

Good luck.

10. jtruss1556

jtruss1556 New Member

Feb 8, 2006
    heidelberg germany
    Great advice. The U14 national team coach POC is what I was really intrested in. My wife is German and hasnt said anything about him playing college soccer in the states. He goes to German school and like I said there is talk now about "pro" but my wife still considers him her baby. If what I see comes about then I will need the POC..To be continued

11. jtruss1556

jtruss1556 New Member

Feb 8, 2006
    heidelberg germany
    On the German goalkeepers, its kinda funny. He is the spitting image of Kahn. I swear to christ, its unreal?

12. bltleo

bltleo Member+

Jan 5, 2003
    GERMANY
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    who knows...maybe someday German team will have an American-German goalkeeper:). I will remember this. Maybe your son will be second Kahn?:).
    you never know.....I also think after he collect experience as goalkeeper in Germany, everone in the USA will want to have him because german goalkeeper have good reputation!

13. bltleo

bltleo Member+

Jan 5, 2003
    GERMANY
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Here is link:

Contact Hertha Fußball-Akademie. They have Internat and boys go to school and train soccer. More info here in german language:

http://www.herthabsc.de/index.php?id=208
    you can find e-mail address there. I would write E-mail to FRANK VOGEL, responsible for youth soccer there. Academy has good reputation.The advantage is that your son will visit school and in school schedule are planned soccer trainings. It is very good internat. It is worth to try it!!.It is like soccer school.

if you need information about youth soccer clubs in Germany, let me know. But if I understand you right, you want that your son plays in U14 in US team. However if you need more infos, let me know.

bltleo

14. Sandon Mibut

Sandon Mibut Member+

Feb 13, 2001
    I don't mean to speak ill of your sons looks, but that is NOT a good thing!

Play like Kahn? Good.

Look like Kahn? Bad.... Unless you're going for the blonde caveman look.

15. jtruss1556

jtruss1556 New Member

Feb 8, 2006
    heidelberg germany
    LOL! I will post a photo. I have them on my other PC.. He is a little more handsome than Kahn, just very similiar. I think you will agree. On another note,Today he starts one-on-one training with a pro goal keeper here in the area. I would post the name, but you guys proabally would know it. I will keep you updated on the progress and get his pic posted tonight

16. bltleo

bltleo Member+

Jan 5, 2003
    GERMANY
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    yeah, send the picture of this future soccer star. I´m curious:)
    and yes, please keep us updated on his progress.
    It is always pleasure to hear from young soccer talents. I like German and USA team, so I would be happy to see more american talents playing in German clubs and for USMNT team.

Have you tried this contact to Hertha in Berlin?

bltleo
    P.S just for your info: i´m not guy, but young lady :), live in Leverkusen near Cologne and support Bayer Leverkusen.