Pick your favorite insane thing said by the announcers so far

Discussion in 'The Beautiful Game' started by Dan Loney, Jun 11, 2006.

1. HighburyForever

HighburyForever Red Card

Oct 15, 2006
    Wooloomooloo, New South Wales
    Club:
    Zenit St Petersburg
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    Not World Cup related but during the halftime show for tonights LA Galaxy vs Toronto match on ESPN, the anchor mentioned that Real Madrid offered a bid to Chelsea for Arjen Robben. Except he pronounced his first name as "ARYAN" - as in the Aryan race. :eek:

I found thread kind of late but I just wanted to add:

Every time Balboa would try to explain a play to the audience, he would always open with "You talked about...." Even when they were one minute into the match, he would still say "You talked about ..."

I think at one point he even said, "You talked about headbutting people in the chest, and there it is"

2. harkes6

harkes6 Member

Apr 24, 2007
    san francisco
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    tommy smyth last night referring to beckham 3 minutes after he came on and had 2 touches of the ball:
    "beckham is really looking like he's in midseason form!"

3. essie

essie Member

May 4, 2007
    Mission Viejo
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    fat twat with a fake accent

4. Here We Go21

Here We Go21 New Member

Apr 18, 2000
    What Tommy Smyth said was that Beckhams "game face and attitude " was in mid season form. Tommy Smyth said several times that he could not be fit and went on to say no way would he be on the English team. Hey you may not like the guy but at least get your s--- right if you are going to go at the guy.

5. harkes6

harkes6 Member

Apr 24, 2007
    san francisco
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    it may have been taken out of context, but the first sentence he said was what i quoted. i was in the unfortunate circumstance of sipping my drink right when he said that and as a result i sprayed it all over myself. not cool. not cool at all. anyways, i wasn't having a go at him. i think he's a funny little guy.

6. anonymous guy

anonymous guy Member

Mar 19, 2007
    Eric Wynalda talking about defenders - they are the kind of kids that would run up and kick over your sandcastle.

Max Bretos on how toronto fc scored multiple goals in one game after not having scored ever before - It's like asking a girl out, you're bad at it at first but then you get better at it.

How do you come up with these analogies?

7. bigdumbgod

bigdumbgod Member+

Jun 25, 2005
    San Jose, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Quality lager

8. SoccerTab

SoccerTab Member

Aug 14, 2007
    Ohio
    Exactly. Lets hear some crowd noise, chanting, singing, etc.., not "What is Landon going to do next?!" or some other such garbage. The only thing they need to say is the last name of the guy with the ball.

9. bigdumbgod

bigdumbgod Member+

Jun 25, 2005
    San Jose, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes. "Shut up for a while and mike the fans" would make for a more enjoyable broadcast. Maybe HBO Sports or some other premium channel can pick up on this so they don't have to bleep out the good stuff.

10. CL39

CL39 New Member

Dec 17, 2002
    Los Angeles

I don't know if Balboa does it anymore (haven't watched any of his matches since WCup, and will avoid any matches with him as commentator) but he always had to start his commentaries on replays with "LOOK AT THIS!" Err. we turned on the tv to see what's going on in the game, we are ALREADY looking at the bloody tv, you tosser, we don't need you to tell us.