The Official Australian "Wonderkids" Thread- The Future Generation. (Long Post)

Discussion in 'Australia' started by EPL4LIFE, Jun 10, 2006.

1. Aussie_Man_Utd

Aussie_Man_Utd New Member

Jun 7, 2006
    It meens a speedy gonazalez Aussie team.

2. ruud van semz

ruud van semz Red Card

Dec 27, 2005
    Melbourne, Australia
    one can only hope..

thats one thing we got over asian teams anyway, if we can get alot of aboriginie boys to play we will be guns

3. footballnumberNine

footballnumberNine New Member

Jul 17, 2006

Apparently he doesnt want to play for any of Australias youth sides and wants to Debut for the national Side. I have heard that he has had a Few Injurys at Crucial moments eg during the Under 17 world cup thus making him inelegible for selection.... i have heard that he is really growing up and is becoming a superstar....

4. NCB619

NCB619 New Member

Jul 16, 2006
    Australia
    u forgot Nic Belardo, nah jks lol

but yeah great post

5. wickedboy4

wickedboy4 New Member

Jun 24, 2006

hardy hasn't played any football whatsoever in a year because of his ankle injury. BUT from wat iv seen playing with him at the park with some other mates from school he's a great talent....extremely uphimself though
    we'll see what he does after the hsc (we got trials coming up soon):eek:

6. Bruzza

Bruzza New Member

Feb 9, 2006
    Your backyard
    Anyone heard of James Merideth, playing for Derby?

7. stralian

stralian New Member

Apr 10, 2006
    Indiana, USA
    what about Oliver Bozanic, he was reported wanted by Reading but signed a 1 year deal with the Mariners. He's only 17 and just came out of NSW AIS. Anyone know anything about him.

8. EPL4LIFE

EPL4LIFE Member

Dec 4, 2005

Yes, In Australian under 20's squad, captained the under 17's in Japan, attacking midfielder, with NSWIS, was with blacktown 2 years ago, so he was 15 and in the NSW premier league. His old man Vic played for the socceroo's.

Great to see an A-League club put their head out and sign a young gun, rather than an import. A shame that it seems they are the only side with the aggots to do so, i.e Melbourne

9. NoRightFoot

NoRightFoot Member

May 18, 2006
    Melbourne, at times.
    Club:
    Malmo FF
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Why? :confused:

10. aussie_ascoli

aussie_ascoli Member

Aug 4, 2004
    Because i've seen a youngster on TV who has alot of frekkles and red hair, whose apparently a gun player.

11. SwandelPark

SwandelPark New Member

Jan 16, 2005
    Hayden Doyle?

12. socceroo_06

socceroo_06 New Member

Jun 29, 2006
    Does anyone know much about Robbie Kruse who is with the AIS? Supposedly he is another up and coming striker, so if anyone knows about him, what is he like? what are is attributes etc.?

13. ruud van semz

ruud van semz Red Card

Dec 27, 2005
    Melbourne, Australia

all i know about him is that he has a cool name lol

14. cristiano.

cristiano. New Member

Jul 16, 2006
    Robbie Kruse

School: Kelvin Grove, Brisbane
    Brisbane North Rep Player (along with David Williams and Michael Zullo- same team)
    Previous AIS, now about to sign with QLD Roar on a 3 year contract
    Plays as a Striker, right footed. Moderately fast. Bout 5 foot 11"
    Personal opinion of strengths:
    + Movement and an excellent ball player (not too sure bout his shooting cause been a while since i've seen him and only seen him chip a keeper in a warmup game)

mm yeh thats pretty much all i got.

15. Hachiko

Hachiko The Akita on Big Soccer

Jun 8, 2005
    Long Beach, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You know guys, I think Caesar and the gang need to sticky this thread. This is an important topic to the future of the Socceroos, and having this stickied will make it a priority when seeing FFA's development of its youth sides, clubs, etc.

What say you all?

16. Zviggy

Zviggy New Member

Nov 15, 2001
    Brisbane, Australia
    Yeah i say sticky it as well.

17. ruud van semz

ruud van semz Red Card

Dec 27, 2005
    Melbourne, Australia
    deserves a sticky.. and ban socceroos 06 for copying this material of epl4life lol

18. fevola25

fevola25 New Member

Oct 18, 2005
    Perth!!
    So does the future of our country actually look good, or do we suck

19. Ragnarok14

Ragnarok14 New Member

Jan 14, 2006
    Queensland
    It has potential, we wont start sucking real bad until atleast 5 years away if everything goes pear-shaped.

20. Auxodium

Auxodium New Member

Apr 11, 2003
    Perth, Australia
    i must admit i have not been keeping tabs on the younger players that the AIS produces... so thanks guys for mentioning names etc.

21. cristiano.

cristiano. New Member

Jul 16, 2006
    The future has potential, but like already stated Australia will only really be a big force in 5 years or so.

Our youth is strong, I know for a fact that my Brisbane North representative side from U12's to U16's had Robbie Kruse (AIS/ Aus U17/ QLD Roar), David Williams (AUS U20/U17, Qld Roar, Brondy), Michael Zullo (AUS U17, Brisbane Stikers), Brodie Ireland (AUS futsal), Andrew Shepard (playing in the UK) and plenty more.

It's just about getting a consistent development so that large booms and busts don't occur in the soccer standards.

22. geane

geane New Member

Dec 22, 2004
    Blackburn Rovers have signed a Aussie player by the name of BRENT GRIFFITHS.He is the younger brother of ROSTYN who plays for Rovers researves this year.

What position does this Brent play in?Any more details will be great. Which of the 2 brothers "has got what it takes?"
    Brent is middle Row between the goalis(left of big chap)
    [​IMG]

23. J_2_tha_H

J_2_tha_H New Member

Jun 30, 2006
    melbourne bro
    Isn't Rostyn Griffiths supposedly going to play for wales over australia? If he is does that mean his brother will aswell or will we have a kind of Christian Vieri/Max Vieri thing happening?

24. krusty

krusty New Member

Jun 23, 2006
    Queensland
    How about Kieran Tracey, was signed up by Man Utd, and now is at Preston North End.

25. krusty

krusty New Member

Jun 23, 2006
    Queensland
    Was released by Reading in May. Has signed a 1 year deal with Wycombe (same club as Frank Talia). Despite being an Aussie by birth he has represented England at U20 level thanks to his English parents . Wonder if he would want to change his mind and play for Australia.