RedBull Front Office Shake Up ???

Discussion in 'New York Red Bulls' started by muscfiorentina, Apr 10, 2006.

1. muscfiorentina

muscfiorentina New Member

Apr 17, 2002
    Meadowlands Area
    I had dinner with a guy tonight who has worked with Metro/Red Bull since the begining. He told me RedBull Management told all Front Office personnel not to report for work today (Monday) their words "take the day off,come in on Tuesday but there will be changes". Like a previous topic I guess RB management was happy with Sunday's Turn-Out/Performance.

2. dub77

dub77 New Member

Mar 28, 2002
    in denial
    was or wasn't happy because their expectation for the situation might be a bit high considering what the current employees had to work with before red bull got here. from my conversation with a women who worked for metro/red bull at love the check book was opened and from my impression they could finally do the promotion and work the always wanted to do.

3. JBigjake

JBigjake Member+

Nov 16, 2003
    Couldn't the day off be a reward for working Saturday?

4. Section113

Section113 New Member

Feb 26, 1999
    Boonton
    I wouldnt be surprised if Guppy came back!

5. United1

United1 Member+

Feb 23, 1999
    Arlington, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    [​IMG]

Ladies and gentlemen, your next GM.

6. dabes2

dabes2 Member

Jun 1, 2003
    Chicago
    Fire fans can only dream.

7. paladius

paladius Member

Sep 27, 2003
    Frisco, Texas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Noooooooooo! You're sick!

8. soccer2002

soccer2002 New Member

Aug 16, 2002
    You guys would be lucky if big Giorgio became the GM!!!! That's a great move. NY needs a no B.S. kind of guy, sorry Alexi you're not the man.

Forza Giorgio!!!

9. Frieslander

Frieslander Member
    Staff Member

Feb 14, 2000
    North Jersey
    Giorgio is the opposite of a "no B.S. kind of guy."

10. stinky

stinky Member

May 14, 2000
    Long Beach, NY
    i'd be cool with donadoni as the gm.

keep cantnaglia out.

11. Brownswan

Brownswan New Member

Jun 30, 1999
    Port St. Lucie, FL
    We live in interesting times.

Which happens to be the fulfillment of a Chinese curse.

12. jri

jri Red Card

Sep 28, 2000
    boca
    Poor ol' Dieter. He listens to much to "There is only one little town in the US, and that is NY" Beckenbauer, who is so out of touch with what is going on in the US soccer community, its not even funny.

Nothing worse than "I know every-SHING" Euro..

If Dieter is truly disappointed with Saturday's crowd, then he truly doesn't have a decent grasp of the bigger picture. Good thing he has money. That allows LOTS of mistakes.

Chinaglia....what a windbag. Should make for great headlines though. And he was a helluva great goal scorer.

13. MetroFever

MetroFever Member+

Jun 3, 2001
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    So, I suppose his goal of making the team a "Super Club" was completed and he had nothing else to shoot for? :p

I had always thought that by May, new ownership would have hired someone else in charge of Player Personnel as far as trades, etc and to keep Lalas on as a figurehead.

The team needs someone who isn't going to get hosed by teams like the Crew in almost every single trade.

14. SlowFox

SlowFox Member

Aug 16, 1999
    Good point but, unfortunately, not flashy enough of a move. It treats the disease, not the symptoms. :)

Besides, this way they can hire someone halfway or so through the season and use the idea that the new guy needs time to assess the club's needs. They then can tell fans to forget about 2006 and "wait until next year". Classic ploy.

=NLK=

15. Real Ray

Real Ray Member

May 1, 2000
    Cincinnati, OH
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Let's be frank: Lalas is a guy who if all the rumors are true, will now have bounced around three teams and not really shown anything-at least for my money. I'm sorry, I know he's a "figure" in US soccer history; I give him his due as a player, and he is charismatic-he can sell the game. But I'm just not impressed with the guy as an astute soccer mind who can build a team.

I'll wait to see if this is actually true and who they hire, but right now, I have no issue if the pull they trigger or give him a face saving option to go to LA. This team really has lacked a leader on this score-Harrison took all of Nick's time; Bradley can't coach and GM; Lalas I don't think is up to it. The standings mean little in this league-it's all about the playoffs and there's plenty of time to get organized and be in postion come the fall. If they feel strongly about it, they should do it.

Lastly, let's give them a couple of months before we start with the Euro-arrogance stuff. I have a feeling they are a bit smarter about MLS than some people here seem to think

16. metro4ever

metro4ever New Member

Aug 6, 2003
    Metroland-NJ
    WHAT Have he done to to help us and the MLS ?
    NADA - NOTHING - SQUAT
    I take that back he has critizise the hell out of our LEAGE
    my .02

17. JBigjake

JBigjake Member+

Nov 16, 2003
    As a RM fan, you can certainly appreciate the fact that a limitless budget & great minds as coaches does not always translate into success on the field! Alexi fills an iconic role in US Soccer & MLS. Much as his image on the field exceeded his actual accomplishments, his front office persona exceeds his general manager skills so far. He shook things up, which doesn't hurt in an organization which has managed to become staid in 10 short years, without any successes to fall back on. He has an image of both the big picture & an idiosyncratic attention to detail. What he accomplishes may be a different matter, but the journey itself is quite the adventure!

18. JBigjake

JBigjake Member+

Nov 16, 2003
    The problem with GC is his follow-through: his foot usually lands in his mouth! I haven't seen any great achievements for him off-field. He's a legend in his own mind.
    Did anyone hear of any interplay betwen Giorgio & Alexi on Saturday?

19. soccer2002

soccer2002 New Member

Aug 16, 2002
    Didn't hear about GIORGIO and lalas on Saturday. What happened? I hope it's not another Wynalda situation, where a former US player trashes a soccer legend. Especially a twirp like Wynalda. Who the "f" is Eric Wynalda????

20. dabes2

dabes2 Member

Jun 1, 2003
    Chicago
    Changing out Lalas for Chinaglia would be changing one blowhard for another.

I actually had thought Lalas might fit in better w/ RedBull than w/ AEG and that he might make a good "public face" for the team, even if he weren't their guy to manage the business.

21. JBigjake

JBigjake Member+

Nov 16, 2003
    Recent comment: ""From what I've read, Giorgio (Chinaglia) seems to think that we should fire the front office staff, the players and the coaches, so he can kiss my ass." - Alexi Lalas"

22. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    If Chinaglia is named the new GM, excpect a lot of fans who withstood the Red Bull take over to finally walk out. Simple as that.

23. Brownswan

Brownswan New Member

Jun 30, 1999
    Port St. Lucie, FL
    Maybe. I'l still be there. It won't be Georgio playing on the field, and I'm there for the soccer match, not the FO histrionics. I would just tune him out and focus on the team and the game.

24. Keep parents away

Keep parents away New Member

Feb 5, 2004
    Greenville SC

Lets be frank. Lalas built San Jose w/ a bunch of no names last year and they finished the season w/ the best record. Something Metro fans have never sniffed at. Give the guy a chance. He will make it work.