US v Germany March 22. Predictions please

Discussion in 'USA Men' started by adi21, Mar 20, 2006.

1. adi21

adi21 Member

The ones that have Americans starting
    United States
    Mar 17, 2001
    Maryland
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My guess:
    US 0 - 2 Germany :(
    (I pray I'm very, very wrong)

2. Someday

Someday BigSoccer Yellow Card

Feb 19, 2006
    Los Angeles 2019
    My guess:
    US 1 - 1 Germany
    (I hope it's better, but could be a lot worse)

3. Lloyd Heilbrunn

Lloyd Heilbrunn Member+

Feb 11, 2002
    Jupiter, Fl.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  4. england66

england66 Member+

Jan 6, 2004
    dallas, texas
    I'll go with a 1-1 draw......

5. wolfp10

wolfp10 Member

Sep 25, 2005
    Germany 1-1 USA

At best. As long as no one gets injured, even with a loss I'll be happy with a decent performance. If we win, expect Klinsmann to get booted, right before the Cup.

6. Ronaldo's Idol

Jun 13, 2004
    3-0 US.

Keller's buddy the Foal breaks through the security, and Keller hops on his back, gives him a slurp of his water bottle, and gallups with the ball toward Kahn. Kahn makes a respectable attempted diving save to stop the inevitable, but is ultimately trampled by the foal as Keller slams the ball into the net. At this point in time, Keller kills the foal for no apparent reason by giving him a pile driver and makes some sort of Stone Cold Steve Austin-esque pose at the Foal's still warm corpse.

Then Kerry Zavagnin scores two amazing goals by dribbling through the Germans with multiple stepovers and feints and curls to ball into the corner. Then he dies.

And somewhere in the distance a small German child cries for the Foal.

7. dmike

dmike Member

Jul 7, 2004
    SoCal
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Come on guys lets be realistic.

We are playing with a short handed midfield. This is gonna be a highly motivated German team infront of their homecrowd. Unless we bunker the whole game I don't expect to draw. Reality is both EJ and Twellman will get little service and the best we can hope for is a hard fought 0-0.

Im going with a 2-0 win for Germany.

8. Haole

Haole Member

Feb 14, 2005
    costa mesa, ca
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    1-1

Keller stuffs German forwards all day. No sweat, he's seen their weak games already...and KK ain't impressed.

Klinsman booted and returns to beach house in Cali to get serious on his surfing chops.

Goals by Convey on a mis-hit clearance by Herr Kahn and, Asamoah on a block/ riccochet off his big butt from a Conrad shank.

Match video copies sold next day in Paris and NYC ...99cents a pop. Priceless relics.

9. forza inter

forza inter Member

Apr 2, 2004
    Middletown, ct
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

this made my damn night..repped.

forza inter

10. Soccer_Lancer

Soccer_Lancer Member

Jun 30, 2004
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    4-0, Germany.

11. Shaydee

Shaydee Member

Apr 8, 2002
    New Jersey
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    2-1 Germany

12. akhman

akhman Member

Jun 27, 2001
    Hyde Park, MA
    C'mon, remember when we lost 4-2 in 2002, but you were all like, "damn, Clint Mathis is the Real Deal?"

I'd really be satisfied with some sort of parallel hopeful feeling out of this one - i.e. if Eddie Johnson and/or Taylor Twellman scores a nice one, I will be happy.

A tie or win would blow my mind.

13. matabala

matabala Member+

Sep 25, 2002
    Germany 3 US 1

14. tbgh

tbgh New Member

Jan 16, 2006
    I guess my WAG could be as good as anyone else's.

USA 2
    Germany 3

Germany jumps out to an early 2-0 lead and then our guys get over their shellshock and battle back to make it respectable.

15. taco jones

taco jones Member

Dec 23, 2003
  16. DC_Gunner

DC_Gunner New Member

Apr 16, 2005
    DC / Cambridge, MA
    This prediction is an odd one. I'm pretty comfortable picking a loss and not a particularily close game. But the German defense has been pretty miserable, and Klinsi is so attack minded, so it's not unlikely that the US could grab a goal. On the other hand, I think the D is the strength of our lineup so we won't leak too many. My prediction is 2-1 german victory with the scoreline flattering a US team that had its midfield pretty well dominated.

17. TheBaRoN

TheBaRoN Member

Jan 23, 2006
    London, England
    In England when we lost a friendly with a very weak 2-3rd tier team the press would still complain but i never understood why because it wasn't your best team and it won't affect the players if you lose as your best won't even be there really and it's a friendly.

I'm saying 1-1

18. bltleo

bltleo Member+

Jan 5, 2003
    GERMANY
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    There is already opened PREDICTION THREAD:USA-Germany predicition thread
    at US men forum. Many already wrote their predictions there. I think it is better to have only one prediciton thread to be able to do better comparision:

here is the prediction thread:
    https://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showthread.php?t=322162

my prediction was there 3:1 for Germany of course

19. soccerfan

soccerfan BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 13, 1999
    New Jersey
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

the game is played in Germany not USA, but your prediction is as good as mine

if USA looses no one will care that much, no big deal. In fact the less Czech's and Italians see of our #1 team the better we will be come WC time.

20. FakeFlopper

FakeFlopper Member

Jul 21, 2005
    Austin, Tx
    I think the German team just isn't meshing. Too much talent with too little team chemistry. I don't want Klins to get fired, but I want people to notice that our MLS guys are pretty good and lay down for nobody.

1-0 Team America.

F##K YEA!

21. Cannons

Cannons Member+

May 16, 2005
    I was sooo looking forward to this game but not now. I think the MLS group was bplaying better then the MLS + Euro group we saw against Poland. With another mixed team, the injuries, not available or not called players, I give us little chance.

3 - 1 - Germany. I could very well be even a bigger gap

22. Bo Schembechler

Bo Schembechler New Member

Mar 17, 2006
    Chicago
    Germany will be motivated and have the obvious benefit of being at home. The US simply is without our best players and will struggle with the likes of Zavagnin (yikes!) getting way too much PT. Fortunately this German squad is nothing special, I see us losing a close one

1 - 0 to the Reich

23. Minutemanii

Minutemanii Member+

Dec 29, 2005
    Abington MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I'll tell you one thing, If we do win, or even tie, people in Germany will be jumping off of buildings because they know full well our best potential team will not be out there tommorow.

24. The Magpie

The Magpie Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Cambridge, MA