Not Another Amokachi

Discussion in 'Colorado Rapids' started by smudgeyjoe, Feb 8, 2003.

1. smudgeyjoe

smudgeyjoe Member

Dec 15, 2001
    Westminster Colorado
    When I called up today to pay off my tickets, I asked about Grimandi. I have heard contributors on the forum remark that they hoped it wasn't another Amokachi situation. I didn't think it was, but I still was a little uneasy since he was supposed to be here Feb.1. What I was told was that his bags are packed, and he is waiting on the work permit. They told me that since 9/11, it has become much more difficult to get those work permits. Each of the last several days, things seemed to be in order, but something went wrong. They expect him to arrive directly, and are sort of hoping he might arrive at the same time as the uniform unveiling so that they could publicize both things at the same time. I don't care when it is, I just want it to be soon, and I hope he comes ready to play.

Go Raps!!!!!!

2. ballboy101

ballboy101 New Member

Aug 1, 2001
    USA
    Gilles is here. He practiced yesterday (Sat) for the first time and had a beautiful goeal and several excellent passes (that if converted by forwards would be goals).
    Absolutely not another Amokachi!

3. smudgeyjoe

smudgeyjoe Member

Dec 15, 2001
    Westminster Colorado
    Fantastic

Thanks, Ballboy101. That is great news!!! I can't wait for the season to get here, and see how all these new pieces fit together. Last year was fun, but this one ought to be twice as good.

Go Raps!!!!!!