Heracles Almelo, House of the Rising Sun

Discussion in 'Japan' started by feyenoordsoccerfan, Jan 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. In the dutch soccer magazine, Voetbal International, there was a 4 page article on Sota Hirayama. He is starting to feel comfortable in the Netherlands. The fans love him and he is learning fast to play the Dutch way. He was used to play in a one or a two striker system. It took a while to grasp the requirements the Dutch 3 striker system poses, but he is intelligent and quickly learns the tactical consequences of this system.
    My club, Feyenoord, has stated the need of a battering ram in the front line. I wonder if they regret not taking Sota when he was in Rotterdam for a trial.
    If Sota keeps on developing the way he does now we will be very sorry. Especially as Dirk Kuyt will leave in a Year time and Sota would have benefitted enormously from the guidance Dirk could have provided. I think it would be wise of the coach of the national team to include Sota in the 2006 line up. Think of the possibilities of Ono, drilled in the Dutch way, feeding a striker, also drilled the dutch way!!! I think Sota will give defenders at the World cup a scare!!!
    I have watched him on television since he was signed by Heracles and I like what I see. He is as cold as ice when he targets the goal!!!

2. shuvy87

shuvy87 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2003
    USA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Hirayama will be (is) one of the best strickers of JNT.

3. The Old Lady Hertha

The Old Lady Hertha New Member

Dec 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Great player, for sure. He belongs in the rising striker status...along with Podolski and maybe even Tevez.

4. gtepp15 redded

gtepp15 redded Red Card

Jan 5, 2006

exactly.
    ordinary japanese forwards are coward when they encounter scoring chances

5. gtepp15 redded

gtepp15 redded Red Card

Jan 5, 2006

exactly.

6. gtepp15 redded

gtepp15 redded Red Card

Jan 5, 2006

exactly.

7. gtepp15 redded

gtepp15 redded Red Card

Jan 5, 2006

exactly.

8. gtepp15 redded

gtepp15 redded Red Card

Jan 5, 2006

exactly.

9. gtepp15 redded

gtepp15 redded Red Card

Jan 5, 2006

exactly.

10. gtepp15 redded

gtepp15 redded Red Card

Jan 5, 2006

exactly.

11. gtepp15 redded

gtepp15 redded Red Card

Jan 5, 2006

exactly.

12. Matsu

Matsu Member

Mar 28, 2001
    I didnt quite catch that.
    Could you say it again . . . . . ?

13. Acidman

Acidman New Member

May 30, 2005
    Dundee -_-
    Why are katana and lilcookie posting the same things over and over again :confused:

14. Acidman

Acidman New Member

May 30, 2005
    Dundee -_-
    Cowards, or just not natural finishers
    Also are Hisato Sato's 18 goals ,Oguro's 16 and Cullen's 13 on account of them being cowards

15. The Old Lady Hertha

Dec 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    BigSoccer has had some problems last 24 hrs....I have no idea TBH.

16. gtepp15 redded

gtepp15 redded Red Card

Jan 5, 2006
  17. The Old Lady Hertha

Dec 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Not your fault. A lot of people have had that happened to them (including me).

18. watanabe2k

watanabe2k Member

Sep 22, 2000
    Illinois, but Japan
    Club:
    Jubilo Iwata
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I was gonna say, Katana sure knows how to get his point across. :D

19. Hey people, this thread is about the Iceman! Donot hijack it, please.

20. UrawaRed

UrawaRed New Member

Dec 19, 2000
    Kiyose, Tokyo
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Okay, I don't want to be accused of hijacking the thread, but I liked what you started out with. And I'm going to take it in a slightly different direction than one player in the Dutch league. I have long been an admirer of Dutch soccer. I love the style, total football, everyone on defense when the team doesn't have the ball, everyone on the attack when the team has it. Edgar Davids is one of my favorite players and one of the best midfielders in the world. I also believe that a style like the Dutch would be much more suited to Japanese players (once they learned it) and would take them away from this strong Brazilian influence the game is under (the Dutch style as taught by Guus Hiddink worked pretty well for the Koreans). Japanese are not Brazilians and I think they would do much better under a well-organized style like the Dutch or other European than the Brazilian. The Dutch style does demand a great deal of individual creativity, but not in the way that the loose Brazilian does.

21. Well, allright. For once only.
    Lets make a Japanese line up that can play the dutch way 3-3-4.
    We agree that Sota is developing well into the central striker. So to bend the Japanese game into the dutch direction, what left and right winger would be the perfect feeders for towering Sota? They also have to be able to stop the opponents backs and midfielders from penetrating.
    We already have Ono to play direct behind him, and he mastered the dutch midfield style pretty good. What players fit the bill to be the right and left midfielders. One should be a guy that can pick up the defensive task in the midfield. For the last four the backs are required to have attacking skills and speed as well. Like the Korean that played for PSV to set an Asian standard. The central defender should have a capability to pass the ball out of the defence over a distance of at least 60 meters with pinpoint precision and of course the ruthlessnes of the last man standing.
    And last but not least, the goalkeeper. He must have the capability to control the whole penalty area. Fast reflexes are not enough.

22. The Old Lady Hertha

Dec 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Nakamura and Nakata...or Ono even. And a really great youngster from Le Mans in Ligue Un in Daisuke Matsui, who can play either wing like Ono.

LB- Alex Santos is a decent attacking LB...but not the class of LYP

GK- Kawaguchi or Nakazawa...both decent goalkeepers, but not really commanding

CD- Nakazawa is a good defender, good on the ball, but not exactly a Jaap Stam type of defender...more like a Nesta, but of course, not as good :p

23. Acidman

Acidman New Member

May 30, 2005
    Dundee -_-
    Nakazawa in goal, now that would be something :p . I know you meant Narazaki :cool:

24. The Old Lady Hertha

Dec 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Yes haha thanks. :D

25. tako

tako Member

Dec 11, 2003
    Yokohama
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Currently Matsui plays very well as winger in his french club, but generally Japan is said to lack enough good wingers or side players even in Asian (top) level. Ono and Nakamura played as wing(back) in Japan NT under Troussier, but they lack speed and they seem to want to play in center or free role.

Anyway Hirayama scored again! Dutch league is best place for young striker to develop his skills.