Man of the Month (Match) Scarves... Anyone?

Discussion in 'Sporting Kansas City' started by wadejackson1, Jan 16, 2006.

1. BenC1357

BenC1357 Member

Feb 23, 2001
    KC
    That'll be the deciding factor. Wade needs to figure out how/when these are to be paid for. Then we can decide on how/when to draw for the people that have to pay for them.

2. wadejackson1

wadejackson1 Member

Mar 11, 2001
    Well, the production process take seven weeks. To ensure the scarves are completed, shipped and received by the end of April... then the order needs to be placed by March 10th.

I spearheaded the design, and I will place the order, but the order will not be placed until the payment is received. You need to confirm which "months" for which a scarf will be awarded, collect the money for each of those scarves ($32 each) and transmit that payment to me. As soon as I receive that Money Order, I will submit the order.

The Volunteer List has been out there for a month. I say "draw" the names NOW, inform the lucky people, insist they pay you IMMEDIATELY (since time IS of the essence)... and lets get 'er done.

ALL six scarves will be ordered at once. Free shipping to one single address. You will let me know where to have them shipped to.

3. the_cyclones

the_cyclones New Member

Jul 26, 2004
    The Cauldron
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ok, thanks Wade.
    I'll make another pass at people here on Big Soccer to get on the List.

4. wadejackson1

wadejackson1 Member

Mar 11, 2001
    Re: COLOR of Fringe ?

5. Merlin172

Merlin172 Member

Mar 16, 2000
    Kansas City, Kansas
    I actually think blue fringe would look really good on the white scarf.

6. Roush

Roush Member

Dec 19, 2001
    Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My preference is the two blue/one white option. Enough blue to offset the scarf's whiteness, but with the white to tie everything together.

7. BenC1357

BenC1357 Member

Feb 23, 2001
    KC
    Time to stop waiting. 10 days to get 14 people coordinated to pay up is a very short amount of time. Pick and go with it IMO.

8. ojsgillt

ojsgillt Member

Feb 27, 2001
    Lee's Summit MO
    to echo ben's comment a bit. Contact the people on the list and start getting money from them, if you need more then get more people.

9. j_m_t

j_m_t Member

Aug 27, 2005
    KC
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i want my two dollars:D

10. PezJunkie

PezJunkie Member

Apr 30, 2001
    Independence, MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]

Two dollars!

11. Walnuthorse

Walnuthorse New Member

Feb 27, 2003
    Rolla, MO
    And we planned to give Man of the Match throughout the playoffs. I recall because we got knocked out in the semis by the Rapids. I'd already paid for it. We couldn't make arrangements on the spot to present to Chris Henderson (whom the Mystics present voted as the true MoM). Since my daughter lives in DC, and the MLS Cup was there that year, I took Chris's scarf to present to him there. Unfortunately the pregame garbage ate so much time that I had to head to the airport from the game, just barely making my flight. Ultimately I got the scarf to him while visiting family in Denver at Christmastime.

12. Walnuthorse

Walnuthorse New Member

Feb 27, 2003
    Rolla, MO
    Isn't the "official" blue of the team "Carolina Blue?"

13. KCRovert

KCRovert BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 17, 2004
    Overland Park
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No, I think "Carolina Blue" is too light. Wizards blue is considerably darker than "Carolina".

14. BenC1357

BenC1357 Member

Feb 23, 2001
    KC
    The way I determined the blue for the other scarves was just to look at it and decide if it was close enough. Not many places have the exact color, so we have to just get as close as possible.

15. KCRovert

KCRovert BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 17, 2004
    Overland Park
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree completely. The choices made on other scarves is fine.

16. Walnuthorse

Walnuthorse New Member

Feb 27, 2003
    Rolla, MO
    From the Wizards official site: (http://kc.wizards.mlsnet.com/MLS/kcw/about/)
    The team crest now features the Wizards moniker in a geometric shape with the familiar soccer ball and rainbow trail still centered at the top. The team's primary colors remain Carolina blue and black.

17. the_cyclones

the_cyclones New Member

Jul 26, 2004
    The Cauldron
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    and other then the logo there is no carolin blue anywhere on the team.