Puerto Rican Soccer

Discussion in 'Caribbean' started by artstrek98, Jan 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. artstrek98

artstrek98 New Member

Dec 26, 2005
    What is happening with any Puerto Rican National Team? My son is Puerto Rican and a top level club player in California. He'd love to play for the the island. I am sure there are other USA/PR players who'd like to do the same.

2. BorrachoNJ

BorrachoNJ New Member

Apr 8, 2001
    NEW BRUNSWICK, NJ
    talk to yankiboy...

he has the connections to the Boricua Futbol Federation.

and welcome.

3. Davids26

Davids26 Member

May 31, 2000
    Very cool. Good luck to your son.

4. jonny63

jonny63 Member+

Feb 17, 2005
    Norway
    They played a friendly match on October 30 at home against Guadeloupe... Losing 1-3....

contact their football federation?

5. yankiboy

yankiboy New Member

Sep 2, 2003
    Laurel, MD
    Hi. Like El Borrachon said, "bienvenido" and email me or send me a PM. I would love to add your son to the list of players eligible to play for Puerto Rico that I (independently) track. :)

6. artstrek98

artstrek98 New Member

Dec 26, 2005
    Hi.Thanks for your offer. Do you have an address or phone number for the PR team? I'd like to get tryout information. My son is 14 and is an up and coming sweeper, stopper, forward with a powerful right foot. I am of Mexican descent and wife is a native of PR.:)

7. yankiboy

yankiboy New Member

Sep 2, 2003
    Laurel, MD
    I can get you that. Do you know how to check you Private Messages here? I sent you one.

I will attach a link for you to the FPF website:

http://www.fedefutbolpr.com/fpf.htm

You can send me a private message here on Bigsoccer or you can email me.

I stay in touch with different people affiliated with the fed and track players. I will be happy to pass any info on for you or answer any questions that you have about the junior national teams or soccer there in general.

Sometimes the responses are slow coming back from the Fed because of being understaffed in which cases I just use personal email addresses when I have them or can get them.

8. artstrek98

artstrek98 New Member

Dec 26, 2005
    Yanki--thanks for the info. this is very helpful. i'll keep in touch re my son's progress.--art

9. truetrini

truetrini New Member

Feb 20, 2002
    Virginia
    I played a little ball in PR when i was in the Navy and stationed there.

Problem is many dont take the game seriously. Baseball and VolleyBall and basket Ball are the big sports.

I wish there was a stronger PR football team. My daughter was born in Ceiba.

10. yankiboy

yankiboy New Member

Sep 2, 2003
    Laurel, MD
    You shouldn't have mentioned that your daughter was born in Ceiba, Bro.

Now I gotta put her on my list of targets for the women's national team player pool. The women's program is further behind than the men's.

You're going to have a fight on your hands if she isn't able to make the US team, I'm going to have to try to sway her to play for the country of her bith and not T&T :)

11. imegu

imegu New Member

Nov 30, 2004
    YankiBoy who is in charge of the Puerto Rican women's team I am a coach in Florida and I am married to a Puerto Rican. Would love to have them come over to play I could set them up with several games.

12. mcruic

mcruic Member

Jun 26, 2004
    Scotland
    Club:
    Dundee United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    Any preparation matches coming up before the Caribbean Cup Qualifiers? (Puerto Rico will play US Virgin Islands and Haiti on 15th & 17th March in US Virgin Islands for one place in the Caribbean Cup finals later in the year in Cayman Islands).

13. Guatefc

Guatefc New Member

Jun 1, 2005
    Washington DC
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala

you mean the u21 qualifiers for the Central american and Carribean games?

14. DCatracho17

DCatracho17 Member

Jan 12, 2006
    Chicago,USA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Honestly you guys PR soccer is hopeless.....

15. BorrachoNJ

BorrachoNJ New Member

Apr 8, 2001
    NEW BRUNSWICK, NJ
    says the guatemalan....

16. Guatefc

Guatefc New Member

Jun 1, 2005
    Washington DC
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala

he's from honduras:rolleyes:

17. BorrachoNJ

BorrachoNJ New Member

Apr 8, 2001
    NEW BRUNSWICK, NJ
    (gotta stop drinking on the job...)

says the honduran....

18. Latin Pride

Latin Pride Member

Aug 1, 2004
    In your house
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Isnt Catracho Hondurian?

19. BorrachoNJ

BorrachoNJ New Member

Apr 8, 2001
    NEW BRUNSWICK, NJ
    yea, allan. we clarified that.

yours truly binging on some medallas right now in the office right down here in exchange place....

20. Latin Pride

Latin Pride Member

Aug 1, 2004
    In your house
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    allan? quien es allan?

come down to philly sometime and get me some alcohol, i still got a year left to be eligable to buy some :eek:

the US can be so cruel, you can go to war, smoke, get life in prison, and pay child support at under 21 but cant buy some alcohol

ps: feel free to bring some sexxy cholas with you also:D

21. yankiboy

yankiboy New Member

Sep 2, 2003
    Laurel, MD
    Thanks a lot for the info. I actually haven't heard anything yet about these matches. I will have to go do some research and find out more info. Could you help me out with a link. There is nothing on the FPF website about it yet and no one from the Puerto Rican Fed has mentioned anything to me yet either.

Having said that, I seriously doubt that there will be any international friendly prior to the qualification. I haven't heard anything yet. I seriously, seriously doubt it (budget). The squad will probably scrimmage a couple of the local semipro or club teams.

22. yankiboy

yankiboy New Member

Sep 2, 2003
    Laurel, MD
    Thanks so much for your useless input... Now why doesn't someone go to a Honduran supporters thread and talk about how Honduras will never qualify for [fill in the blank] tournament for [fill in the blank] sport. That would be about as useless a post.

In this life, if you don't bother to at least attempt to achieve a goal then you will never progress, Catracho.

Viva Honduras!
    Tu bandera es un lampo de cielo...

23. yankiboy

yankiboy New Member

Sep 2, 2003
    Laurel, MD
    Sounds cool Bro.
    Here is a link:
    http://www.fedefutbolpr.com/seleccion/mayorfem.htm

Unfortunately, the Senior Women's National Team has been inactive for several years now. The Fed is trying to concentrate on the U-19's, hoping that they will develop the current crop into the Senior team.

Jorge Oscar Rosa (Director Técnico/Director)
    Javier Osorio (Entrenador/Coach)

Please let me know if there is anything that I can do to help put you in contact with the Fed. At that website, you will find Contact info. Thanks a lot for your interest.

24. yankiboy

yankiboy New Member

Sep 2, 2003
    Laurel, MD
    Last season, my man, this super hardcore Islanders fan came up from the Island and we hooked up in Rochester to see the Islanders play the Rochester Rhinos. When I found him and his crew tailgating in the parking lot that tipo had brought up twelve pack of Medalla and huge @ss Islanders team flag. I was laughing my @ss off. Apparently in Upstate NY, like where I live inbetwwen Bmore and DC--you can't buy Medalla so he was determined to be prepared... :D

25. BorrachoNJ

BorrachoNJ New Member

Apr 8, 2001
    NEW BRUNSWICK, NJ
    wow. i wrote this last night?
    i was feeling pretty good last night. we had a going away party for a colleague of ours that's leaving...
    and my buddy who goes to PR every holiday brought me back some medallas...
    i don't think they sell them in the states? do they?
    anyway, i can't believe that i typed straight last night.

OK, off to watch sesame street with 'lil man....