Official 85th (2005) Emperor's Cup Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Japanese Club Football' started by Komorowski redded, Dec 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Komorowski redded

Dec 26, 2005
    The semis will be played tomorrow(29)

Urawa Reds vs Omiya Ardija
    Shimizu S.Pulse vs Cerezo Osaka

2. Acidman

Acidman New Member

May 30, 2005
    Dundee -_-
    Re: Emperor's Cup 2005

Who else is hoping for an Omiya Ardija Vs Cerezo Osaka Final, can't stand urawa :cool:

3. Komorowski redded

Dec 26, 2005

i personally support urawa this time.

i like urawa's striker maric's character.

4. Acidman

Acidman New Member

May 30, 2005
    Dundee -_-

I love maric aswell, he seems to be very passionate about the game, and he's got a ponytail, like me :D :D

5. yakuza redded

yakuza redded Red Card

Dec 21, 2005

i want maric or morishima to experience the championship

6. Ishikawa18

Ishikawa18 New Member

Oct 1, 2005
    Germany
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

I hope Urawa will get the Emperor's Cup!

Yea, Maric is very good
    I know him well, cause he played in the German League for many years. He was very good the first years, but the last two seasons he was bad :(

I think he have his second spring in Urawa :)

7. fc koshigaya

fc koshigaya Member

Jul 14, 2005
    Saitama City,Japan
    Club:
    Omiya Ardija
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I will absolutely be rooting for Omiya to crush Urawa today. I wasn't impressed with the constant crying by maric in the Frontale game the other day...........I was impressed by the sweet header he put in though. Good talent, bad attitude.

How many foreign players are allowed to be on a roster at one time...........with the inclusion of Washington, it looks like Urawa has 5 foreign nationals on their team (Washington,Ponte,Nene,Escuerdo, and Maric) They might lose maric but I thought teams could only have 3 foreign nats on their squads

8. rougou

rougou Member+

Dec 7, 2003
    Hyogo
    Club:
    AS Roma

Well Shimizu won 1-0 on an extra time goal by Cho Jae Jin (yes Komorowski, a Korean).
    And Urawa won 4-2 with extra time goals by Yamada and Hasebe.
    I think this is Urawa's for the taking.

9. Re: Emperor's Cup 2005

wow

hasebe's second goal was awesome

10. Re: Emperor's Cup 2005

85th Emperor's Cup Semifinals

Shimizu S.Pulse 1-0 Cerezo Osaka
    Attendance:11,270

Urawa Reds 4-2 Omiya Ardija
    Attendance: 31,441

85th Emperor's Cup Final

Urawa Reds versus Shimizu S.Pulse

The game will be kicked off on New Year's Day

11. fc koshigaya

fc koshigaya Member

Jul 14, 2005
    Saitama City,Japan
    Club:
    Omiya Ardija
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

That Urawa/Omiya game was incredible.......we gutted it out but fell short in the end. Urawa played a really strong game, it was called fairly, no complaints on this one. They deserved to win. It was a pleasure to watch that game even with my team losing. Maric had another good header and that last goal where Hasebe weaved through three defenders and put it past Aratani was incredible. I got the tape of Shimizu/Cerezo so I'm gonna watch that one now.

12. Acidman

Acidman New Member

May 30, 2005
    Dundee -_-

Comon Shimizu :D

13. Ishikawa18

Ishikawa18 New Member

Oct 1, 2005
    Germany
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

Wohooooooo Urawa!!! :D

14. Ishikawa18

Ishikawa18 New Member

Oct 1, 2005
    Germany
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

Red is stronger than Orange :)

15. Acidman

Acidman New Member

May 30, 2005
    Dundee -_-

One of the only reasons i don't like Urawa is there strips are too much like Man U, and i can't stand them, Plus Shimizu will be underdogs :)

16. pescatore

pescatore New Member

Dec 28, 2005
    Tokyo, JAPAN

I've supported Urawa since they played as Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Ltd. and the time has come!

17. Re: Emperor's Cup 2005

Cho ends Cerezo hopes

TOKYO – Korea Republic striker Cho Jae-jin struck in extra time as Shimizu S-Pulse defeated Cerezo Osaka 1-0 to set up an Emperor’s Cup final clash against Urawa Reds on New Year’s Day.

Cerezo were looking to make up for the disappointment of missing out on the J.League championship after conceding a last minute goal in their final match of the season but Cho compounded their misery with the only goal at the Shizuoka Stadium Ecopa.

Cho, a key member of the Korean U-23 side that qualified for the 2004 Athens Olympics, headed home Ryuzo Morioka's cross for the decisive goal 11 minutes into extra time.

Winners of the Emperor’s Cup in 2001 - when they beat Cerezo 3-2 in the final - Shimizu will be gunning for a second title at the Tokyo National Stadium on January 1 when they meet Urawa, who beat Omiya Ardija 4-2 in another extra-time contest.

Urawa twice took the lead in regulation time with Croatian striker Tomislav Maric opening the scoring after 23 minutes and Makoto Hasebe making it 2-1 on 62 minutes after Yosuke Kataoka had levelled the score with a long-range effort in the 26th minute.

Daisuke Tomita forced the match into extra time when he headed home for Omiya with just a minute remaining but Urawa finally finished off the match with Nobuhisa Yamada making it 3-2 in the 95th minute and Hasebe netting his second of the match seven minutes later.

The Reds have never reached the Emperor’s Cup final although their forerunners, Mitsubishi Heavy Industries, won the competition four times with their last success coming in 1980.

18. fc koshigaya

fc koshigaya Member

Jul 14, 2005
    Saitama City,Japan
    Club:
    Omiya Ardija
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The officially unofficial S-Pulse/Manchester Urawa Emperors cup final thread (R)

Game time is in 33 minutes......post thoughts here.

GO S-PULSE!

19. FlashM11

FlashM11 New Member

Jun 10, 2005
    California
    Re: The officially unofficial S-Pulse/Manchester Urawa Emperors cup final thread

jo jae jin and cho tae uk is gonna absolutely go nuts in this game.

20. Ishikawa18

Ishikawa18 New Member

Oct 1, 2005
    Germany
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Re: The officially unofficial S-Pulse/Manchester Urawa Emperors cup final thread

maric will score a goal i feel it!

GO URAWA!
    EMPEROR'S CUP WINNERS 2006! :D

21. fc koshigaya

fc koshigaya Member

Jul 14, 2005
    Saitama City,Japan
    Club:
    Omiya Ardija
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Urawa is in the home red and S-Pulse is road white/grey

22. Ishikawa18

Ishikawa18 New Member

Oct 1, 2005
    Germany
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Re: The officially unofficial S-Pulse/Manchester Urawa Emperors cup final thread (R)

1-0! Horinouchi!!!! :D

23. greenlion

greenlion Member

Apr 22, 2004
    CHINA
    Club:
    Beijing Guoan
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Re: The officially unofficial S-Pulse/Manchester Urawa Emperors cup final thread (R)

on line live?

24. noaihmtch

noaihmtch Red Card

Mar 12, 2005
    Great Japan

urawa deserved the win and it should have been at least 3-1 if that idiot yamada didn't miss the 1-on-1 opportunity. how could he miss that? shimizu kept pressure on urawa during the 2nd half but hardly threatened them. urawa's 2nd goal was beautiful. shimizu's defense stinked as hell

25. fc koshigaya

fc koshigaya Member

Jul 14, 2005
    Saitama City,Japan
    Club:
    Omiya Ardija
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I agree.......both defenses were pretty bad today. Tsuboi looked awful for Urawa and he made a couple of stupid passbacks to Tsuzuki. Ponte was really impressive (actually all 3 games I saw him play, he was great) and Maric put in another nice goal. Santos has a killer cross. He set up a goal or two in the Omiya semi as well. I think he is really out of place as a defender on the nats. He's much more effective in his role on Urawa. Yamada really did choke on that iso against Nishibe.

Congratulations Urawa.........hope you have the same success as Verdy!